It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just In: US-North Korea In Secret Talks To End Nuclear Crisis?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I hope this is true, but it's "based on intelligence from credible sources," so who knows. It would certainly be good news for the United States and the Korean Peninsula. Maybe this is the reason why Trump's administration hasn't addressed NK's failed missile launch. Maybe the missile launch was just a "tantrum" by Kim Jung-un's regime because of something that wasn't addressed in these "secret talks." If Trump can turn this crisis around diplomatically, you think the Lib press gives him some praise?

The geopolitical crisis is expected to face a critical juncture this week as U.S. Vice President Mike Pence makes a three-day visit to Seoul from Sunday afternoon, during which he will discuss a possible breakthrough with his South Korean counterpart, Acting President Hwang Kyo-ahn.

Against this backdrop, a senior journalist here has raised startling claims that secret talks had begun between the U.S. and North Korea in New York to end the crisis.

The North's recent revival of a parliamentary foreign affairs commission was a "prelude" to the alleged bilateral dialogue, said Korea Economic editorial writer Jeong Kyu-jaeI, in a self-produced news analysis video posted on YouTube on Friday afternoon.

He did not present any concrete evidence of the alleged secret talks, merely claiming that his claim was based on intelligence from credible sources. The video has been watched more than 150,000 times as of Sunday noon.

"It seems to be true that a secret meeting between the U.S. and North Korea has begun," Jeong says in the 20-minute video." As far as I know, the U.S. will demand that North Korea permanently abandon, not freeze, its nuclear program."

The Korea Times contracted government bodies handling North Korean issues, but nobody confirmed such a meeting.

The favors Washington is reported to have offered in return for the North's permanent abandonment of its nuclear program are somewhat mind-boggling.

According to Jeong, the U.S. has expressed its willingness to establish a formal diplomatic relationship with North Korea. Once the relationship is formed, Washington would station an infantry outside Pyongyang, North Korea's capital, to protect the Kim Jong-un regime, and the U.S. Navy would support the mission at North Korea's military port in Wonsan, according to the journalist.

"If the dialogue turns out to be productive, U.S. President Donald Trump might send his special envoy to the North in a clandestine manner in late April or early May," he said. "This is a scenario that will play out only when things unfold smoothly. If the talks are unsuccessful, the U.S. might consider a military strike as the next option."

www.koreatimes.co.kr...
Is there a way to get English subtitles to work on this YouTube clip? It's the clip showing Korea Economic editorial writer Jeong Kyu-jaeI talking about this.

edit on 4/16/2017 by shawmanfromny because: added additional info

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Very interesting, if true. Thanks for sharing. I had not heard of this one yet.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
I hope this is true, but it's "based on intelligence from credible sources," so who knows. It would certainly be good news for the United States and the Korean Peninsula. Maybe this is the reason why Trump's administration hasn't addressed NK's failed missile launch. Maybe the missile launch was just a "tantrum" by Kim Jung-un's regime because of something that wasn't addressed in these "secret talks." If Trump can turn this crisis around diplomatically, you think the Lib press gives him some praise?

a senior journalist here has raised startling claims that secret talks had begun between the U.S. and North Korea in New York to end the crisis.

The North's recent revival of a parliamentary foreign affairs commission was a "prelude" to the alleged bilateral dialogue, said Korea Economic editorial writer Jeong Kyu-jaeI, in a self-produced news analysis video posted on YouTube on Friday afternoon.

He did not present any concrete evidence of the alleged secret talks, merely claiming that his claim was based on intelligence from credible sources. The video has been watched more than 150,000 times as of Sunday noon.

"It seems to be true that a secret meeting between the U.S. and North Korea has begun," Jeong says in the 20-minute video." As far as I know, the U.S. will demand that North Korea permanently abandon, not freeze, its nuclear program."

The Korea Times contracted government bodies handling North Korean issues, but nobody confirmed such a meeting.

The favors Washington is reported to have offered in return for the North's permanent abandonment of its nuclear program are somewhat mind-boggling.

According to Jeong, the U.S. has expressed its willingness to establish a formal diplomatic relationship with North Korea. Once the relationship is formed, Washington would station an infantry outside Pyongyang, North Korea's capital, to protect the Kim Jong-un regime, and the U.S. Navy would support the mission at North Korea's military port in Wonsan, according to the journalist.

"If the dialogue turns out to be productive, U.S. President Donald Trump might send his special envoy to the North in a clandestine manner in late April or early May," he said. "This is a scenario that will play out only when things unfold smoothly. If the talks are unsuccessful, the U.S. might consider a military strike as the next option."

www.koreatimes.co.kr...
Is there a way to get English subtitles to work on this YouTube clip? It's the clip showing Korea Economic editorial writer Jeong Kyu-jaeI talking about this.

This can't be true. Trump is a worse war monger than HC! Us dumb Trump supporters were fooled by all the lies about MAGA! /sarc

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
No way.. cant be real! Folks on ATS said this was the begining of ww3, the end of the world as we know it, armageddon, the Trumpocalypse.. or Kimpocalypse.. and we all should just kiss our asses goodbye.

link   
It's a ploy. North Korea/China can win this one ... if they can just hold out through the next South Korean election.

The commies in the South got President Pak Gun Hae impeached and fired (she might even be on her way to jail). This has pretty much rigged an early seating of an opposition (read that as sympathetic to North Korea) party candidate in the Blue House.

In less than a month, Trump won't be able to get buy-in from South Korea for a pre-emptive attack on North Korea ... at least for the next five years (short of a coup).

link   
I certainly think it's a realistic possibility. Trump is a negotiator....that's what he does for a living. He knows you have to show respect to the people that you are dealing with and you have to genuinely try to help them get what they want without compromising anything that is critical to international safety ( In the case of NK).

Also he knows how to think outside the box and make deals happen. So yeah......I don't see why it couldn't be true.
edit on 16-4-2017 by HarryJoy because: add

edit on 16-4-2017 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Who knows, maybe talking to each other might work, we know that lobbing bombs doesn't work - see Syria for case-in-point.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

He comes up with good ideas while on the golf course!

link   
a reply to: Advantage

Well to be fair, the last part of the OP did mention military action if this thing doesn't pan out...

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Who knows, maybe talking to each other might work, we know that lobbing bombs doesn't work - see Syria for case-in-point.

Nah, you just have to lob more and bigger.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: brutus61

He comes up with good ideas while on the golf course!

Who really cares where he comes up with them as long as he does.

link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Phew, lucky money grows on trees and everyone is financially comfortable and living a happy life.

link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Well to be fair, the last part of the OP did mention military action if this thing doesn't pan out...

I was being an ass, but Im giving you a star anyway. LOL! Id read from more than one poster that this was the END.. Kim cant even get a decent haircut from his professionals and he thinks he will get an ICBM that will make it off of the tarmac. Id love to see him taken out.. his people would be so much better off. He's killed off his uncles ( mil generals) and anyone else who said stop acting like an idiot.. so talking any sense to him is kinda not going to happen. Kill him... or dont.. but stop moving the red lines all over the place.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Phew, lucky money grows on trees and everyone is financially comfortable and living a happy life.

You guys dont seem to get a joke or sarcasm tonight, today, whatever it is.. dorks.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Yup, I'm pretty much in agreement with you there.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Actually Syria was a statement (recent activities). We still don't know who did what other than we KNOW the US shot missiles at a Syrian airbase, and hit it with what I guess is called an effective rate.

This is good, if we can get NK to the table for talks, that is a good thing. I do think the one thing we will demand that they will never comply to is an open border in terms of leaving.

ALL North Koreans are essentially prisoners, it's illegal to emigrate.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

You guys dont seem to get a joke or sarcasm tonight, today, whatever it is.. dorks.

LOL - I answered you with sarcasm, I'm on my 3rd beer and having a great old time. Don't worry, my sarc meter is calibrated and fully functioning.

Burp

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Yep, myself included. For the first time ever I was grateful for the /sarc at the end of Brutus61's post. I wasn't sure as I haven't seen him post much.
edit on 16-4-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Pot lol

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Yep, myself included. For the first time ever I was grateful for the /sarc at the end of Brutus61's post. I wasn't sure as I haven't seen him post much.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

LOL - I answered you with sarcasm, I'm on my 3rd beer and having a great old time. Don't worry, my sarc meter is calibrated and fully functioning.

Burp

Dammit.. that means mine isnt!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join