It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coded Messages in YouTube Comments of Pyongyang Parade Stream?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ok, so I watched the live stream of Lil Kim's military parade last night on YouTube. After a while, I got bored of all the goose-stepping and started watching the YT comments fly by. There were so many people watching - the comments were constantly scrolling.

But I started noticing a lot of these emoji grids in the comments. Lots of people were doing them, and various different colors/emoji were used... but they were all structured the same way.

What the hell are these? Is this some sort of coded message? Help me figure this out, it's driving me nuts!

edit on 15-4-2017 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Judging by all the keks , 4channers.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Yeah, that occurred to me. But that's just one example - I saw the same grids with all kinds of diff emoji, not just the Keks/frogs.

Regardless, still trying to figure out what they mean.

ETA: Just noticed the red one says "keks" on it, twice. So almost def a 4chan thing. Still wanna know what they mean, though.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Trolls being trolls, would be my guess.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulOfCeres

I've seen them in the chat of literally every live stream I've watched. No idea what they're supposed to be but then I don't understand the majority of what happens in a YouTube chat box.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Outstanding !!!

Some of you youngsters give me a lot of hope.

A lot of people were screen capping those images and other things.

Buck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I was just wondering if we'd see another of your uber-cryptic "I know things that you're too dense to pick up on but I can't tell you what it is" posts here.

Glad you didn't disappoint

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There were so many of these things scrolling by. Easily a few hundred I'd guess. I only grabbed those two screenshots, but I bet the comments are still there if I can find the video page again.

ETA: Found the link. So many comments to scroll through.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I always use the option to hide the live chat because the comments are so childish or rude or just plain nonsense. That is bizarre looking though.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was just wondering if we'd see another of your uber-cryptic "I know things that you're too dense to pick up on but I can't tell you what it is" posts here.

That's very poor sportsmanship.
We're supposed to be a team, working together as one, to unravel the mysteries of the universe.

Buck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

edit on 15-4-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's very poor sportsmanship.
We're supposed to be a team, working together as one, to unravel the mysteries of the universe.

Buck

But what about the mysteries of Youtube chat????

Is it binary morse code? as anyone ran it through a spectral analyser? even if it is 4chan, I'd still be interested to see someone decipher it to TOGTFO.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't think it's a code. I think they are supposed to make an image out.

kinda like using ///(((___&---))) or other characters to make a face and stuff.

maybe on a computer you'd see what I mean.
but no coded message

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

edit on 16-4-2017 by anotheramethyst because: don't try to draw one of those -~ pictures on ats. it erases all the spaces

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

If that's the case... and these Emoji grids are really just a more modern version of ASCII art that I'm not able to see due to being on a smart phone with a screen size that off-sets the image... I'll feel pretty dumb. Lol

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I was there, and I couldn't resist making a few comments... However, I did not post the things you seek.

Good looking out tho. It's entertaining, at least. :up
edit on 16-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I am not very good at using my imagination. Actually I have very little of it left. I can hardly theorize. But it is always nice start thinking people always do something better than you.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

It is not codes. It is just symbols that you can use on a smartphone but your computer can not translate so you get the boxes.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

I know what Emoji are, and I was clearly viewing from a smartphone.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulOfCeres
a reply to: defiythelie

I know what Emoji are, and I was clearly viewing from a smartphone.

There are tons of iPhone emoji's that do not show up on a android or Windows phone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join