It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now, a blast from the past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The following thread link is seven years old, and personally I love the OP !!!
Read the first one !!
Tell me what ya think.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Buck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Read the first one !!
Tell me what ya think.

Buck

LEO interested in conspiracy theory meets like-minded federal agent who also happens to visit his favorite website-News at eleven..

I'm sorry flattest of the seventyone accounted for bushes,i could not resist, no harm intended

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
No Mike, you missed it and I would not have thought that from you.

By his own statement, he admits the unknown car and person was sitting there looking suspicious.
And the agent's first question was had he ever heard of ATS.
That was not a chance encounter or chance discussion.

Did you read the update post as well ?

Buck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I think it's BS and the guy is not really law enforcement. License plates are not run through NCIC, people are. It is a list of criminals, not auto registrations.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh yes you can.
In the old days you called it in by radio and the girls in dispatch ran the computers and radioed back the info.

National Crime Information Center (NCIC)...is a national crime information center run by the Federal Bureau of Investigation...."[P]retty much anything that any of us do[es]," including obtaining a job or applying for a new social security card, immigration card, or driver's license in any state, is cross-referenced by NCIC. United States v. Villareal, 2008 WL 1995042 (N.D.Fla. 2008).

Here are three cases of record that shows just how helpful the NCIC data base is on vehicles.

Officer Gallagher testified that he was on routine patrol in his scout car when he saw Duckett driving a four-door Ford with standard metal District of Columbia license plates affixed to the vehicle. Although Officer Gallagher had no reason to focus on Duckett's car, he “arbitrarily” entered its license plate number in the mobile computer terminal in his scout car to retrieve information about it from the Washington Area Law Enforcement System ("WALES") and the National Criminal Information Center ("NCIC") databases. Duckett v. United States, 886 A.2d 548 (D.C.App. 2005);

Before Officer Hutchins consulted the NCIC database, the suspicious circumstances of the exchange between the two parked cars in an area known for drug crimes had already aroused in him a reasonable suspicion that something illicit was underfoot....Officer Hutchins checked the NCIC database on his mobile monitor, learned the car was reportedly stolen, and called a dispatcher to confirm the status of the car. Bryant v. United States, 2013 WL 4079339 (N.D.Ala. 2013); T

The trial court found that on April 24, 2000, a police officer was traveling behind a vehicle operated by Appellant....The officer ran the registration of the vehicle through the mobile NCIC device in his police vehicle....The computer indicated that the vehicle, though registered, lacked the proper financial responsibility as required by the Motor Vehicle Code....The officer then stopped Appellant and further discovered through use of the NCIC computer that Appellant was operating the vehicle on a suspended license. Commonwealth v. Bolton, 831 A.2d 734 (Pa.Super. 2003)

Buck
edit on 15-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I thought we all knew it was a hoax..hence the apology in advance for the silly joke..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It's not surprising ATS is being loosely used as a free think-tank, a weather barometer of prevailing opinions and more. It'd be remiss if alphabet agencies didn't. I'm sure MANY websites are checked in on.

In one way it's almost a little encouraging since they get an honest look into what we're thinking and that may play a small part in bigger decisions. If enough smaller potato's point out enough possible solutions to things maybe it gives the bigger potatoes more viable options than the dumber one their Boss just suggested?

On the flip side since all kinds of stuff gets posted "first" it gives them a real-time time frame in how long crap they pull can go unnoticed. I'm guessing this is where it bites us as posters in the butt.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Read the first one !!
Tell me what ya think.

Buck

I think he's been *taken out*? He hasn't been back on ATS since July 1st 2010.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I would expect his boss, chief or what ever got wind of it and said stop or he changed his handle and is quietly still among us.

He went to a awful lot of effort to try and get a point across and I find that to be very intriguing.

Buck

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I would expect his boss, chief or what ever got wind of it and said stop or he changed his handle and is quietly still among us.

He went to a awful lot of effort to try and get a point across and I find that to be very intriguing.

Buck

Its a twenty plus page thread I have read and reread the two posts you highlighted as being important..I found nothing.

So having the utmost respect for you, I read the first 5 pages and found nothing that would suggest this is not an attempt to play upon the overwhelming amount of threads being made at that time accusing this site of being an intelligence honeypot.

I am however very curious as to what you think the important point he went to great effort to get across was..

I am not afraid to acknowledge my mistakes or rethink my stance on an issue..please give me a reason to do so.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

So having the utmost respect for you, I read the first 5 pages and found nothing that would suggest this is not an attempt to play upon the overwhelming amount of threads being made at that time accusing this site of being an intelligence honeypot.

Holy blast from the past...remember this one.

I called BS on the first page, and still think it was BS. 2010 was a pain point for this site.

Quite a few Old Timers bailed around that time and the overall vibe was one of high distrust, creating an environment for these type of threads, as pointed out.

top topics

join