It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea attempts but fails to launch missile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I know it's serious business but the parade and the comments in the live stream were hilarious. Some even suspected CGI or a loop. I'm not sure but i think i spotted some T-55 tanks and V8s too. I had the odd feeling that i'm watching a live action game sequence of Command and Conquer Generals but it got mixed up with the not so modern tech tree of Red Alert. The whole ordeal was pretty surreal. Observing how outdated the NK military looked i'm not surpised that another missile launch failed.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Frankly I surprised the fat little sh!t still draws breath. Lots of people a round him to be watchful of.

little kim's arm is longer than hillary's is. people die around him all the time hell he even kills family.
edit on 15-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
American lies.Nk doesn't make cra pot stuff.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
ww3? don,t make me laugh,can,t even launch a missle.....think i can go to sleep tonight in the safe knowing i,d probably achieve it before NK did. Trump should probably do the same and debate what socks to wear tomorrow instead of seeing if fat homer can find the button.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I wonder if we had something like a Boeing YAL-1 in the vicinity at the time of this "failure?"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
would not want to be Comrade Missile Supervisor in Pyongyang to night.

hopefully Kim is all bluster and no tech, but we're only going to tolerate so much of it.
Should have learned from Saddam and Qadaffi not to tease Uncle Sam too much.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bphi1908

The YAL-1 is in the Boneyard. They terminated the program after it proved unfeasible.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorsen

I predicted last week that NK will have failure after failure of its launches because we have the technology to doom the flights. He will get the message, eventually, and desist in that, about his only avenue to any major recognition in the world.

You can name your type of technology that failed the flight: sabotage on the location of equipment, laser from space or ground based from newly placed unit is the South or pure bad luck if you don't wish to indulge in advance technology that we supposed don't have.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bphi1908

Certainly, back channels are communicating to NK that we can take out any of their ballistic missiles in it's launch phase.

The idea is to get him to give up his program...as well as to tell his generals that Kim is wasting the nations financial resources on this expensive program doomed to failure.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

oh and i forgot to add that he used a anti aircraft gun on two guys and made one of the the fellas family watch.
some of the people that he had killed just fell asleep during meetings. people are afraid of that kinda crazy, and won't even make a move.

Ri Yong Jin, a senior official in the education ministry -- possibly minister -- was arrested for dozing off during a meeting with Kim and charged with corruption before being killed, the paper said. Former Agriculture Minister Hwang Min was purged over a proposed project seen as a direct challenge to Kim’s leadership, it said.
Kim Has Officials Killed by Anti-Aircraft Gun, Paper Says

you know it might be a good thing to go in now before he really goes bat sh@@ crazy.
edit on 15-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

If Trump launched a middle that failed everyone would say it was intentional and he is still awesome.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I feel sorry for the entire Korean Peninsula. Fat boy was humiliated by this missile failure, especially after displaying his country's "mighty" arsenal. How is he going to save face? With another underground nuclear test. He WANTS a confrontation, because he wants to go down in history as NK's ultimate, fearless "supreme" leader. To the rest of the world he's just a delusional maniac.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm expecting him to have a very deadly temper tantrum.

Definitely, as a result of this embarrassing loss, a bunch of Little Fat Boy's missile personnel just faced an anti-aircraft gun firing squad.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Over the past three years, a covert war over the missile program has broken out between North Korea and the United States. As the North’s skills grew, President Barack Obama ordered a surge in strikes against the missile launches, The New York Times reported last month, including through electronic-warfare techniques. It is unclear how successful the program has been, because it is almost impossible to tell whether any individual launch failed because of sabotage, faulty engineering or bad luck. But the North’s launch-failure rate has been extraordinarily high since Mr. Obama first accelerated the program.

In an unusually worded statement that left hanging the question of whether the United States played any role in the latest launch’s failure, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said: “The president and his military team are aware of North Korea’s most recent unsuccessful missile launch. The president has no further comment.”

www.nytimes.com...

Buck

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
ww3? don,t make me laugh,can,t even launch a missle.....think i can go to sleep tonight in the safe knowing i,d probably achieve it before NK did. Trump should probably do the same and debate what socks to wear tomorrow instead of seeing if fat homer can find the button.

I'm more afraid of a false flag dirty bomb attack at Port Elizabeth or Long Beach. The military industrial complex will do absolutely anything to preserve the flow of cash into their pockets.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

"Fat boy was humiliated by this failure..."

Perhaps.

Or perhaps not.

Defying both China and the US by even attempting a launch demonstrates to his generals, and more importantly, to his people, his fearlessness and strength.

The failure of the launch, in light of similar failures in the past, merely insures that there will likely be no immediate consequences from the superpowers,

Despite their heated threats and aggressive actions over the past few days.

From Kim's standpoint, he kicked the "bullies" shins and they did nothing.

Win.

But as I've stated before, it is not NK's dubious missiles that worry me.

It's their submarines.

An atomic bomb doesn't have to be dropped from a plane or launched from a missile to be effective.

Even a crude and relatively low-yield nuke, detonated at ground (or sea) level in a country's prime shipping harbor would be sufficient to possibly cripple that country for decades.

NK is thought to have more than a few nuclear bombs, and has dozens of submarines capable of delivering them.

The danger has not passed.

Hopefully, Kim's "inner circle" will realize just how dangerous Jong Un is and act to neutralize him post haste.
edit on 15-4-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I heard President Trump 'was silent on the issue' when it was reported to him.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

As I said in another thread, have you seen what they already have going for them? If there is a Continuing Resolution this year, the Air Force alone will be delaying 60 programs. They're looking at new carriers, new classes of subs, new surface ships, 7-8 new types of planes......

The B-21 alone is shaping up to be a $50B procurement. Right now, they don't need unending wars to line their pockets. Mismanagement, and politics is shaping up to do that nicely for them.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Have you looked at their sub fleet? Something like 95% of them are littoral or midget subs. Their longest ranged boats can barely make Japan without refueling, and are old and noisy, especially for a diesel sub. It would take a miracle for them to make it into a Japanese port undetected.

South Korea would be in trouble, but that's about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorsen

The missile failed because the NK ran out of duct tape and bailing twine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join