It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Day marches aim to pressure Trump to release his returns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

To be fair, the OP is a pretty good person. She's just passionate about the results of the past election. I'd never let her passion in that regard affect my views on her as an individual.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I can see why they do it though.

If they DID succeed in getting him to release the tax returns and they show, well, whatever it is that they hope it will show, then they could easily just send the paper back in time and alter the outcome of the election.

See, it does make sense to totally ignore the actual politics going on and march for the release of tax returns instead!

(Seriously, you coordinate a 150 city wide march, and this is what you protest? My God..)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Nevermind that, what the ef ever happened to reining in the IRS?
Institute a flat or fair tax and whack the IRS down to size by firing 95% of them.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It's amazing to watch people defend Trump hiding his tax returns yet were on board with him accusing Obama of being a Kenyan Muslim who needs to release his Birth Certificate. Then when Obama obliged, these same people accused it of being fake. Whatever moronic opinion they hold, Obama did release something.

But these people defend Trump in hiding his taxes, something no president has done in decades.

Such hypocrisy, much ignorance. They shouldn't be allowed to vote because they're all partisan hacks who don't give a damn about the country, only their party and hating anyone who isn't apart of it.

Politics is a joke.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Actually, they COULD march and protest some things that just might be a little bit more important than demanding a citizen reveal private information that the law does not require them to show.

Like say: World Hunger?
Disarming Nukes?

Cleaning up water around the world?

The IRS in general?

Term limits for ALL politicians?

Child Abuse?

But nah.....let's make a bunch of signs and whine about someone's private tax information.

This is what is wrong with the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

After how liberals decimated the antiwar movement, just about any activist efforts of any sort at this point are entirely awe inspiring. Milk & cookies in place of bread & butter!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Perfectenemy

To be fair, the OP is a pretty good person. She's just passionate about the results of the past election. I'd never let her passion in that regard affect my views on her as an individual.

I didn't state my opinon as fact and it wasn't meant as a insult. That is just always my impression when i read about these "important" marches who in the end accomplish nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Actually, they COULD march and protest some things that just might be a little bit more important than demanding a citizen reveal private information that the law does not require them to show.

Like say: World Hunger?
Disarming Nukes?

Cleaning up water around the world?

The IRS in general?

Term limits for ALL politicians?

Child Abuse?

But nah.....let's make a bunch of signs and whine about someone's private tax information.

This is what is wrong with the world.

Sorry son, but you dont get to decide what people get to complain about, i also see you did not say anything about the war on xmas, a very important issues for some of the people who voted for trump.
edit on 15-4-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

After how liberals decimated the antiwar movement, just about any activist efforts of any sort at this point are entirely awe inspiring. Milk & cookies in place of bread & butter!

Did you guys win your war on Xmas yet?

edit on 15-4-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

HUH!?!

I'm not a Christian, or a Conservative. For the umpteenth time.

I am now worried that you might have some sort of anti-memory neurodegenerative disease, that you're not even aware of, at this point.

Get well brother. The worlds needs you appeal to humor!
edit on 15-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Nothing ever comes of them huh?
Ok.
More history revisionism.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So typical. Trumpets blaring for fearless leader.

He's a messiah.

He does no wrong.

We love him.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely. She's good people.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well hopefully nobody at these marches gets themselves so worked up and scared that they start crying.

Looks like nice weather for a walk in the park, though!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Life must be good when all we have to protest is the idea we cannot see someone's tax returns.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah why are people so stupid to not see that Fat Kim,Assad and Daesh are just normal people who are just misunderstood and did nothing wrong. Please. People who i consider braindead rushed to defend Daesh because a MOAB was dropped on them in the middle of knowhere. You have the audacity to call us hypocrites? Look in the mirror. Btw the other side voted for a cheating Leprechaun who got caught and people still didn't care and voted for her. The tolerant left alienated Trump supporters left and right but if they dared to give contra the left hid in there Starbucks and accused us of being bigoted,racist,fascist and whatever.

I wished both sides of the fanatics would clash once and for all and the sane american people could finally move on from all this bs. They behave like Kindergarten children. We are not glowing in the dark and that means Trump did the right thing calling Fat KIms bluff. Trump is not stupid no matter how many times you repeat it it dosen't make it true.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

It's amazing to watch people defend Trump hiding his tax returns yet were on board with him accusing Obama of being a Kenyan Muslim who needs to release his Birth Certificate. Then when Obama obliged, these same people accused it of being fake. Whatever moronic opinion they hold, Obama did release something.

But these people defend Trump in hiding his taxes, something no president has done in decades.

Such hypocrisy, much ignorance. They shouldn't be allowed to vote because they're all partisan hacks who don't give a damn about the country, only their party and hating anyone who isn't apart of it.

Politics is a joke.

Lord knows Trump supporters sure have a lock on being partisan hacks and not caring about the country, right?

link   
a reply to: Swills

Shouldn't be allowed to vote?? Do you see the problem with that statement? I won't point it out for you.

Clue: since you have a different opinion, you shouldn't be able to vote!!
edit on 15-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

So we can know if the reform issues he tackles arent for his own benefit.
To make sure he has no conflict of interests.

Obama didn't need to show his birth certificate either but public pressure from the alt right required it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The irony of complaining about a group of people that dislike those who disagree with them...

..while simultaenously suggesting that they shouldn't be allowed to vote because the member disagrees with them is amazing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join