It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax Day marches aim to pressure Trump to release his returns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
...from the USA Today article (the title of this thread is the headline for the article)

WASHINGTON — April 15, the traditional Day of Dread for taxpayers, is the backdrop Saturday for marches and rallies in Washington and nearly 150 other cities around the country aimed at pressuring President Trump to release his federal tax returns.

In Washington, a march from the Capitol to the Washington Monument, opposite the White House, will kick off with a rally on Capitol Hill featuring members of Congress.

Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., and Reps. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., and Jamie Raskin, D-Md., are scheduled to speak in Washington. Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill., is speaking in Chicago. Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., will speak in Los Angeles.
(article)

...and a NY Times article

What's interesting to me here is that a number of politicians are showing up at these protest marches and are speaking.

I am going to the Ft Worth one and will report back on it. Overall, this is not as well publicized (in the liberal areas where I get my news) as the Women's March was and as the March for Science is. I am expecting the Ft Worth one to be relatively small, but expect that there will be much larger crowds in Austin and in Houston.... and of course Washington DC.

I'm debating whether I'll wear my Pink Hat from the Women's March or one of my Western hats (it's Texas, and a Western hat is more of an advantage. I need to get a pink Stetson, darnit, but not today.)

I honestly don't expect Trump will provide his tax returns ever (in spite of promising to be the Most Transparent President Ever) - but since you ask, I am going because our marches are pressuring Congress and local politicians. Ted Cruz and others are famously ditching Town Hall meetings (they don't like that their constituents disagree with them - though some DO come and some DO engage in dialogue and have better results for it) and some of the tone-deaf 'entitled' politicians like Mullins (who claims that the public does not pay his salary) need to have a 'Come To Jesus' talk.

...as my sister-in-law says, "later, gators!" (NB: in Texan, this sounds like "later, gaters")

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
All of these marchers are boring me, nothing ever comes from them. Million man march? Yeah that has helped Chigongo!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

Looks like some people like to go on marches and protests.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Who cares. I don't care what he paid in taxes. I just wish he would stop saying, "Hey, what's this button for?"

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Did these people not see madows hard hitting and scathing coverage of trumps taxes?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
ATS really needs a facepalm smiley. I support the right to protest for whatever stupid reasons but you and the participants are all morons. The IRS cleared him get over it. Btw there is a high possibility for thermo nuclear war(not my words mind you) and this useless march is still a priority now. Like i said you're all pretenders and care only about yourselves. The last months feel like a neverending Monthy Python scetch.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

in the liberal areas where I get my news

Shocker...Please, do tell. LoL

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

Looks like some people like to go on marches and protests.

Across the nation, most of them will just be spinning a sign by the street trying to sucker us into paying taxes!

edit on 15-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm sure this is the most pressing matter to protest against from Trump.

I mean nothing else important has happened in the past month obviously.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sounds like they are protesting the wrong thing as usual.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Did these people not see madows hard hitting and scathing coverage of trumps taxes?

"these people"

LOL!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Instead, why not march to abolish the IRS, or something that is actually useful to The People, and not just useless whining.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

God bless your 1st amendment right to protest those things you deem important.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Meh.

I got more important things to worry about than Trump's taxes. Like paying my own bills, getting stuff here on my land taken care of. Preparing food. Doing laundry. Taking care of my family.

Spending quality time with the family and friends, enjoying life, instead of trying to pick fights and griping about crap that's not really that important, nor that affects me whatsoever.

That's me though.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Meh.

I got more important things to worry about than Trump's taxes. Like paying my own bills, getting stuff here on my land taken care of. Preparing food. Doing laundry. Taking care of my family.

Spending quality time with the family and friends, enjoying life, instead of trying to pick fights and griping about crap that's not really that important, nor that affects me whatsoever.

That's me though.

People like the OP always seem to have no real problems that's why they concentrate on this bs. Must be nice to have not a care in the world.
edit on 15-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Nice to see you back OP...
Sad to see the narrative hasn't changed.

I am going to the Ft Worth one and will report back on it.

Are they busing you in for this one too?

Wonder how many of there "protesters" pay any taxes at all?
Perhaps the OP can do a survey of how many people there are employed.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

But a statue of liberty costume on every other street corner means its tax time which proves you have liberty!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

My guess is that Trump won't be pressured at all. Just a guess, because you know, we are like in the middle of the Apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yes how dare those people march and demand trumps taxes.

Why don't they act like real patriots, and join the fight againts the war in xmas, now thats a real issue, am i right.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
He's not required to, so I'm fairly sure he won't.

...and why should he, really?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join