It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC: U.S. prepared to launch preemptive strike on North Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: dovdov

No attack on NoKo will happen without SoKo's approval. Look to Seoul for updates.

But it's Trump.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: crazyewok

WW3 wont start. China have pretty much disavowed North Korea.

As for Guam and Australia, i am pretty sure they are safe, north korean missle tec is poor at that range, but yes Seoul and Japan are at risk.
Problem is the longer the world waits to deal with North Korea the more destructive there WMD get and the longer range and more accurate there missles get.
There is no ideal option here, either hundreds of thousands die now or millions in the future.

Warnings against what exactly?
NK is not part of any IAEA treaties, or UN treaties.

What have they actually done against the US?

Every other month they threaten to rain down nukes on the USA, Japan and south Korea!

Threatening to preemptively strike another country with nuclear is a serious matter!
Plus the USA and North Korea are still at war so It is also a incredibly stupid thing to do!

And as they say stupid people win stupid prizes!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov
a reply to: crazyewok

Trump (barely) won the election. People are scared.

Mate, any percentage "over" the amount needed is wasted effort. A win is a win a pass is a pass......

Yes I am scared I built a house last year in the Philippines for my retirement and Nuclear fallout is not covered on my house insurance, time to look at radiation suits..

RA

EDIT, My wife has a number of friends in South Korea I just got her to fire off a few messages to see what they make of it.....
edit on 14-4-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

True but, yeah.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Bluntone22
You would think China would take care of their neighbor.

Or the country with the most nukes and has actually used them in warfare would just let other nations free to ramp up their defense arsenal....
I would Google how many Nuke tests the US has performed in the past decade, but there's no point. We're the ones writing history...

Our allies in the region are crapping their pants over North Korea, I guess we should just let them deal with it on their own? Maybe we should wait until Seoul or Tokyo is nuked, and hundreds of thousands are killed, would you then be OK with the US taking action against NK? Our allies are on our side, and as long as China is on board, we should do what we can to keep nukes out of North Korea, or eventually Lil Kim will use them.

I would crap my pants when it comes to a country which dropped the biggest non nuclear bomb just to kill "32" 'terrorists'

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

One bomb bothered you but the 26k bombs dropped last year didnt?

link   

WW3 wont start. China have pretty much disavowed North Korea.

As for Guam and Australia, i am pretty sure they are safe, north korean missle tec is poor at that range, but yes Seoul and Japan are at risk.
Problem is the longer the world waits to deal with North Korea the more destructive there WMD get and the longer range and more accurate there missles get.
There is no ideal option here, either hundreds of thousands die now or millions in the future.

Warnings against what exactly?
NK is not part of any IAEA treaties, or UN treaties.

What have they actually done against the US?

Every other month they threaten to rain down nukes on the USA, Japan and south Korea!

Threatening to preemptively strike another country with nuclear is a serious matter!
Plus the USA and North Korea are still at war so It is also a incredibly stupid thing to do!

And as they say stupid people win stupid prizes!

Those threats are only 'made' every time they let the US know not to pry in their affairs.
Do you know how many weapons tests the US performed last year?

link   

originally posted by: khnum
Yeah great idea attack a nation without any UN charter or international law on your side on a national day of celebration.

I wonder if they produce SPF 10,000 sunblock up there. LOL

I'm sorry, but the North Koreans have repeatedly said they're going to nuke the US. They need to be made an example of. I hope the whole lot of them are outside and get to experience 'the flash'.

If it happens, I'll damn near guarantee we're not going to hear another peep out of the Ayatollah over there in Iran.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Saved you the trouble of looking.

Last US nuclear test was in 1992, just prior to the adoption of the Test Ban Treaty. Well over a decade. FYI.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

What makes you think 26k bombs didn't bother me, or did you just make that comment to 'catch' me?

link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Abysha

True but, yeah.

Did I just ruin your day?

All the usual political, ethical, and logical factors that normally exist to keep some sort of lesser evil balance from tipping into chaos are increasingly irrelevant with Trump in the sandbox.

We're screwed.
edit on 14-4-2017 by Abysha because: Goddamn phone...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Saved you the trouble of looking.

Last US nuclear test was in 1992, just prior to the adoption of the Test Ban Treaty. Well over a decade. FYI.

Yea. Sure. Wiki is only for some.
edit on 14-4-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Then prove otherwise. Feel free.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Bull #. Threatening to nuke other countrys us wrong full stop and a country that does so should not be trusted with Nukes!

And its not just thd USA they threaten to nuke but japan! Japan that doesn't have offensive capabilities !

link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Bluntone22
You would think China would take care of their neighbor.

Or the country with the most nukes and has actually used them in warfare would just let other nations free to ramp up their defense arsenal....
I would Google how many Nuke tests the US has performed in the past decade, but there's no point. We're the ones writing history...

Our allies in the region are crapping their pants over North Korea, I guess we should just let them deal with it on their own? Maybe we should wait until Seoul or Tokyo is nuked, and hundreds of thousands are killed, would you then be OK with the US taking action against NK? Our allies are on our side, and as long as China is on board, we should do what we can to keep nukes out of North Korea, or eventually Lil Kim will use them.

I would crap my pants when it comes to a country which dropped the biggest non nuclear bomb just to kill "32" 'terrorists'

With no civilians killed. Yeah, truly horrible. I'm sure Lil Kim will show the same level of courtesy and care.

link   

I just want to know why this one bothered you so much.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov
People are scared.

Good. People wouldn't have to act scared if they didn't act the ass in the first place.

I say, "Give the world reason to behave yourselves. America has been cowed into being Politically Correct for far too long.

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't poke the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with ... Murica.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Dont develop irrational exuberence just because two groups of bastards got bombed that have no real way to fight back you are about to engage a nation with a standing army of 1.1 million with 6 million reserves that can make a hell of a mess of the area.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well why don't we all wait for the compelling satellite images of NK and their nukes , like the US always seems to get their hands on before they 'free' a nation.

NK with a nuke is more likely to extinguish on itself based on past 'weapons' tests failures.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I believe its next to the baby milk factory where the mobile biological warfare units are parked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join