It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC: U.S. prepared to launch preemptive strike on North Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: odzeandennz

I just want to know why this one bothered you so much.

Oh based on that one comment? I'll let you make the assumption and put words in my mouth

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

NK with a nuke is more likely to extinguish on itself based on past 'weapons' tests failures.

I think this is the angle China is going to come from. If (when?) a nuke test messes up, China being the neighbour will have a mess to clean up.

Im ok with the States acting unilaterally as long as China, South Korea, and Japan are all onboard.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Trump knows he can wipe North Korea away barely leaving a stain where they were.

The only thing North Korea has is an offensive capability. If they never have the chance to get their act in gear, we'll roll 'em up like a rug.

Twenty ground burst nukes will completely eliminate China's WMD program. If I know this ... Trump knows this. Do you know how many missiles are just a three-minute flight from either of those countries? Do you know think anyone could react in that amount of time. Do you have the slightest inkling of the air power stationed in Guam?

I guess, since you're worried about North Korea's 6M reserves, Trump would be fully justified targeting all of the cities where they currently reside ... including Pyongyang.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: odzeandennz

I just want to know why this one bothered you so much.

Oh based on that one comment? I'll let you make the assumption and put words in my mouth

I was asking for you to explain your position.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Perhaps US, Russia and China should show Kim how a real nuke looks like..
3 will do, one for each country.. boom, boom and boom

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I would think that punishes the civilians and anyone down wind more than great leader.
Overkill

edit on 14-4-2017 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Killing off their population as a preimptive measure in an attempt to hit their military would not bode well for the US, this isn't WW2......the NK people are truly innocent victims here, and the ones who will suffer the most, Kim doesn't care about them, are objective if anything is to neutralize Kim, and save the people, not make the whole place a parking lot...

edit on 4/14/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I dont know whats more shocking your wipe them off the face of the earth comment or the fact people are starring it

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov
a reply to: crazyewok

So what happens to Tokyo, Seoul, Guam, and even parts of Australia? The devastation on Japan that Mr. Kim can cause will be earthshaking. A preemptive strike could also trigger WW3, and that is what many people are fearing. In fact, this has been the fear ever since Trump (barely) won the election. People are scared.

That's why is called preemptive strike. His factories, solo's and other launch system will be taken out. Israel had been doing this for years!

A rogue nuclear state should never existed and you and Swills defend Noth Korea! This county has been threatening the US with nuclear war for decades. No bigger threat in the world exist than North Korea, not Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq!

And before you say Oh you wouldnt serve or havnt served. Yes I have and will gladly put my hand up to kick some butt that deserves to be kicked again.

NO needs to be stopped before it's too late.
edit on 14-4-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
the NK people are truly innocent victims here

I've dealt directly with North Koreans. They have been groomed to despise Americans ... for generations now.

You can't fix that.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You're right. We wouldn't earn a merit badge. I don't know what else we can do except wait for a good excuse 'to hit back'.

edit on 1442017 by Snarl because: Formatting

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dovdov

This is utter madness. Fight a war with N Korea over what?

All avenues should be pursued to find peace with this lunatic in N. Korea since now we have a lunatic as president.

Two mentally deranged people with the power to destroy millions!

You’re talking about a very dangerous situation

It’s a wonderful world

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum
Both. Snarl wags his tiny weenie around here all the time. What he doesn't understand is that China has nuclear subs that are sitting within strike distance of every major American city. As abhorrent as Kim is, Trump --- based upon what he says and does --- isn't a whole lot better. You have two 'leaders' talking smack and ratcheting-up the rhetoric as if no one is going to get hurt. A great many very innocent people will have the lives ended or irreparably destroyed from something like this. Snarl needs to go sign-up and ask for deployment to the front lines.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

For all I know North Korea may of blown up 10000 tons of tnt in a cave and may well be bluffing with a pair of twos- on the other hand maybe they currently have a nuclear armed submarine parked under the Golden Gate bridge.War is a serious business and underestimating an enemy is its most fundamental mistake,so in one week we have gathered all the intelligence,selected all the targets and wargamed all scenarios have we,if we have then the Generals name in charge is Custer.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I thought when the younger Kim took over when his father died that he would take a different path other than what they have been on over there for 80 years or however long it has been.
He had his chance to be a real hero to his people and open the country up to new and different things, like normal countries do.
The continued threats to the USA and other countries over there cannot go unpunished because as soon as he has the capability to miniaturize a nuke to put on a ICBM, he is crazy enough to use it on somebody.
As long as China and South Korea are on board with a preemptive strike to cut the head off the snake, I say go for it.
As someone else said, NK is the world's biggest threat outside of ISIS right now.
It will be a culture shock for the NK population to deal with but it will be a positive one, it will be like a blind man being able to see for the first time.
If Trump is able to liberate them with minimal casualties, he will be a hero.
It would probably be the biggest humanitarian effort the world has seen to bring them out of the dark ages.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

This is utter madness. Fight a war with N Korea over what?

All avenues should be pursued to find peace with this lunatic in N. Korea since now we have a lunatic as president.

Two mentally deranged people with the power to destroy millions!

You’re talking about a very dangerous situation

It’s a wonderful world

Get a grip.....they have been down all the avenues already, they are all dead ends with the Kim family in power.
They need to be removed for that country to have a chance in the regular world.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Really I would like to see the transcripts of the Trump negiotiating teams efforts

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Pyongyang is ready to launch a pre-emptive strike of its own, and that North Korea will keep building up its nuclear arsenal in "quality and quantity" and said Pyongyang is ready to go to war

I think this is going down as a war between two narcissists! North Korea will be devastated and Kim will end-up dead or on the run. The U.S. has numerous missile defenses which have been proven to be accurate. The U.S. military technology is decades ahead of North Korea. I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. hasn't already caused some of Kim's missile tests to fail by hacking into their computer codes. Than again, it only takes one missile to slip through U.S. defenses to cause mass devastation.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just curious, maybe more than just...

Say the test/launch are administered as NK is planning it to take place, launching a missile, presumably with a live nuclear war-head?
Say that tomahawks are sent to 'neutralize the threat', but they just make the nuclear detonation occur as a result of shooting it down?

The only course of action in my mind is to make the launch site unavailable for use, without the use of nuclear fallout, EMP and all that follows a nuclear detonation.

Will the test not be a launch, but happen underground? If underground- kinda late to the game isn't it, using tomahawks?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The problem with “devastating” N. Korea is that in the process Japan and S. Korea will be devastated too. Like millions of casualties.

Over what, a nuclear test.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join