It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing places.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Very interesting story. Very sincere and I believe you in all what you say here. It's just facts (wether they are true or not) and with no interpretation.

Now I would like to give you my opinion on this, and I'll start with the "rational one" then slide to the "paranormal one".

Firstly, I just want to say that it's strange how this kind of story sounds like many things we hear in the USA background culture. I mean, for an european like me (I'm french), it seems that americans have a strong paranormal unconscious, with many variations like big-foot, manitou (the native-american god), malicious derivations of characters like the candyman, EBE (extraterrestrial entity)... Each culture has a panel of monsters and superstitious beliefs, like vaudoo in africa, but even if we all share a regular basis of paranormal culture, US seems to have a psychic ground for paranormal experiences. I think it's due to 3 factors : 1) The size of the vast geographical areas, and the "unknown" ; 2) The Hollywood movies cultural impact (we eat it in europe, but you live in it !), and 3) The UFO/conspirational atmosphere.

Secondly, I think this could lead to a kind of paranoid unconscious, and the desire to experience things. But I'm not saying this is the cause of all the experiences ; it could be a vector insome cases (a vector of a real paranormal experience, in the mind-body paradigm of the cosmos).

But in fact, what you related here has happened to many people around the planet. Perhaps it's more present in US (due to your geographical context, and your culture of motels and drive'in or idk what kind of places lost in deserts and woods like oasis to save the starved). But there is some events that I've personnaly experience that go in the direction of "parallel worlds". Here is some of them :

[PERSONNAL PARANORMAL EXPERIENCES]
- One day, back home after work, I found an object (it was an air-pump for my bicycle) completly disassembled on a table of my appartment. I was living alone and was sure I haven't done this. I stayed for 30mn trying to recollect souvenirs of doing it, with no success. It haunted me for days.
- In the same appartment, a few years after (I stayed 9 years in it), one day I came back from a stay with a friend, and found my shutters closed. But the problem is I never closed them except when I go on a weekly trip (wich was rare), and I was sure to have left my appartment very quicly before leaving it for the two days I spent at my friend's home. Again, I tried to recollect souvenirs, but it was not very objective so I simply gave up.
- One night on the same city (I moved 4 years ago) I lent my bicycle to a guy at a bar, it was 1 or 2:00AM, and we were supposed to meet at another place 10mn after. When I walked with a friend along the 200m to reach the point, we crossed to guys who said us that "they had seen a bicycle going down the street... with no one in it !!". We believed it was a joke, but as they insisted, we ask if they were high : they said no, they keep tolding the same story, and this was strange. Then, when we finally reach the point... I found my bicycle laid on a wall at the corner of 2 streets. I asked myself "WTF??", then suddently the drunk guy reappeared, and he was like out of his mind. He asked rudely to lend him again, but I refused. And we fought. The guy was like getting out of nowhere.
- Recently, I experienced the creepiest paranormal thing I've ever feel and it happened to me 2 times.
First time, I was watching a guy on the bus. At the very moment our eyes crossed, I insisted a bit, then look away in the direction of the glass, and asked myself one or two things about eyes contact, aggressivity, etc. Less than ten seconds passed, then the bus slowed down and stopped to a bus stop. Before the stop, I watch again in the direction of the guy, and he has disappeared !! Then I heard the exit doors opening. But it made me panic, because he was not supposed to disappear like this. I heard no sound of him walking, no moves on my peripherical vision, no reflects in the glass. There wasn't enough time for him to reach the exits. And instantly I watch in my back the second exit, and he wasn't there, neither outside. It made me really scan the bus and the street like a mother#er on drugs, and I guess people was wondering why I was so affraid. It was so shocking that I call a friend to explain him all the scene.
Second time it happened to me, it was at a bus stop (again, same context, curiously) on the street : there was two young people (around 17), one guy and one girl, waiting the bus like me. I watched the girl the same way, by insisting a bit, then I looked away and asked me the same questioning/reflection than the previous time, like some stuffs about looking people in the eyes and aggressivity, and why I should care, etc. It last just 5 #ing seconds I swear to god, and when I watched back to eye-contact again, the guy was alone !!! I watched all around, there was like a radius of 10 to 20 meters of empty street, and I didn't see the girl. There was a street corner at almost 10 meters, but in a slope, and a tram station nearby : I thought "maybe she run to take it", but then I told myself that she should have SPRINT LIKE A PROFESSIONAL RUNNER to diseapper like this. Again, no sounds of anything (no "goodbye" neither footsteps).

[/PERSONNAL PARANORMAL EXPERIENCES]

Know it's time to make a conclusion about all the question or paranormal activity.

HYPOTHESIS
----------------

How to interpret things ? Can we always rationnalize and abandon our feelings to a plausible theory (like memory failures, "deja-vu", exceptional coincidences of parameters, etc), of should we admit that the plausibility itself is being challenged ?

About your case, the "parallel places", I think the same way as for my bicycle incident and those two "vanished" persons : I think that indeed, this is something about space-time and parallel dimensions. But not in the classical way.

In fact, ... uh... it's difficult to summarize why I will explain things like that, but all you have to know is that I'm a kind of self-taught philosopher that explored many areas of cosmic question since a period of lifetime, and who has linked concepts and various theories themselves in a strong semantical structure. I'm about to write books, but to give it short : I'm a dualist, and a defenser of metaphysic and gestalt theory things...

But anyway, here is MY point of view and THEORIES, in short (again). I'm gonna do a bullet-list to accelerate things :

- I see the Universe through the mind-body paradigme of duality (two substances).
- There is only one spirit, one "thing". At least before this universe starts because of the collision with an other things wich is totally antagonistic.
- Our individual spirits are only occurences of the general one, and even what we can call "ego reflects".
- When in a specific mood, and when our space-time course (or life narration if you prefer) is at the cross of something I can't define clearly, strange things can happen wich are "erasable" or "rewritable" like the black cat in Matrix. I don't know exactly what the parameter are for the paranormal to happen, but it's clearly linked to at least one factor : the PSYCHIC STATUS (happiness, emotions, step in our life, fatigue, turn-over, etc) and the UNCONSCIOUS (recycling of thoughts).
edit on 17-4-2017 by PlugYourBrane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
(I was character limited)

- Also, the reflection (mind process of reflecting things, not only semantically during a logic exploration, but also in the background processes of storing our experiences in our long-term memory) can play a great role into the larger pattern of the duality.
- Perhaps a kind of accumulation and connection with the "oneself", the "original substance". Like if our lives were drawing something at the edge of a underlying shape.
- I'm a big fan of nested concepts : so for me, even if "normal individuals" are not clearly shaping their thoughts (inner theories, etc) to provoque accidentally some nested effects, the simple fact of living and getting old accumulate some patterns and relationships about the inside forms (thoughts, emotions, souvenirs) and the underlying forms of the world, that create those rippling.
- But only the background of our mind (importance of theories, and content of our unconscious) can "transform" the rippling into paranormal events.

So, to end this conclusion, here is my hypothesis on the vasnishing of the two persons I talked about :
- When I looked away, the intense reflection about aggressivity has free a certain amount of energy (I felt it at the moment) in a contradiction process. What I did not mention in the story is that both time, I felt like a "jump" on the phenomenological flow of my thoughts. You know, a bit like an eye-rollback but just in my mind. I experience these intense reflections sometimes at home, at sleeping time just betwwen the state of awakening and sleeping, and often hear a sound like a cracking in the walls. I'm a pro-Jung theorist about relationship between mind and matter and energy, and I think that despite the fact that we cannot do psychokynesis, there is still something happening very subtly. But in this case of the vanished people, it was a vector.
- The vanished people just... vanished. Don't ask me where : it could be in an other dimension, but it's twisted (and creepy for them, just imagine !). I prefer to think that they... never existed in some way. If I had the balls at the bus stop, I would have asked the guy "Where there a girl with you just a few second ago ? Because I don't see her anymore, she just disappeared and this is shocking". I promiss to myself I would ask people around next time, even if I risk to be looked as a fool.

So, regarding your case, I guess you could have experience not precisely a parallel dimension (I'm not a fan of this) but instead, a portion of the "oneself", the mind-body, wich... does not exist

The difference with the classical vision of "parallel world" is that it states that we are real. Instead, in my vision, we are not real ! This is just the flow of the mind-body wich experiences some "fallback".
This is my vision of the thing : they simply are experiences that are rewritten just after having been lived. But not as the skeptical version of the "déjà-vu" (a failure in memory circuits) but as the believer version.
In my case, I think (but I will never verify it, sadly) that if I had ask to the guy at the bus stop... He will certainly have answered : "No, there was no girl. What are your talking about ?". But we're not talking about hallucinations here : just real things... that are rewritten.

Long demonstration, but you said you wanna people to share so I shared

edit on 17-4-2017 by PlugYourBrane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anomalie

I will watch the video but time slip? Last March, I was driving to Texas and went through the entire State of Indiana in 20 minutes. Crossed the IN/OH line and literally locked my brakes up when, 20 mins later, I crossed into Illinois. That is freakin' impossible and I have wondered about it since it happened. It's like I warped across the state, bro. Is that an example of a time slip or is it something else? I have no explanation for it. I had only been driving for 2 hrs at that point so I wasn't tired or anything. Still to this day, I don't understand how that happened. I completely passed Indy wo seeing it somehow. Super weird.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PRSpinster

I will watch the video but time slip? Last March, I was driving to Texas and went through the entire State of Indiana in 20 minutes. Crossed the IN/OH line and literally locked my brakes up when, 20 mins later, I crossed into Illinois. That is freakin' impossible and I have wondered about it since it happened. It's like I warped across the state, bro. Is that an example of a time slip or is it something else? I have no explanation for it. I had only been driving for 2 hrs at that point so I wasn't tired or anything. Still to this day, I don't understand how that happened. I completely passed Indy wo seeing it somehow. Super weird.

That IS odd......What part of Indiana? WHat Highway? I live north/central part of the state, and there seems to be a lot of weirdness here: Hauntings, my experiences, UFOs, etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

This is very similar to something that happened to me when I was younger. In fact, it is what bought me to ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Your story closely matches the experience of many abductees since you could'nt account for the lost time (known as Missing Time in abduction phenomenon). Not saying thats what happened to you..just the first thing that came to mind. Time Slip stories usually involves ending up in some strange place that significantly changes or disappears entirely on a follow up visit.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Ok. Now THAT freaks me out because six months before I left the Midwest, this happened to me. Bro...my account of that night is gone, man. It isn't in my comments under My ATS.

I saw something up close and personal. A black cube that came out of a storm cloud. I lived in an area of high elevation and it was at eye level, about 200 feet off of the deck.

Keep in mind that I've always been a cynic about this stuff. I wanted to believe but wo proof, it was hard to swallow and then, I unfortunately found the proof I was looking for, I guess?

Now your comment has left me with more questions than answers although I do appreciate your effort.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

I noticed you used the word "unfortunately" in your find. More info please!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Have you ever obsessed over something for 20 years and when confronted with the absolute truth, it completely freaked you out? I wanted to disprove the whole UFO thing bc it's pretty fantastical. Be careful what you wish for. I haven't slept more than 4 hours in 18 months bc of it. I think they call them night terrors but it's like I have PTSD or something. If I think about it too much, I have panic attacks. I think...I think I assumed the crafts were ours but last time I checked, a cube isn't aerodynamic. Js. It was HUGE, too.

edit on 12-5-2017 by PRSpinster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Left Columbus, OH on 70W and took 70W all the way to STL. I think I jumped on 44S after that. That's like 165 miles, Bry. I went from Richmond to Terre Haute in 20 mins. Indy wasn't there. I didn't see it nor did I drive through it which is impossible. In fact, when I saw Terre Haute from a distance, I assumed it was Indy.

I had several sightings during my time in Ohio and the last one was a couple of months before I experienced that. Prior to that, I've never seen anything minus lights in the sky. I always assumed they were satellites, though. I don't know what the answer is, man. I have no explanation for any of it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

You know what stands out the most about it? It was foggy and I remember the lights on the highway looking far away. At eye level but...it's really hard to explain, man. Even when I drove under them, they looked far away.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

Thank you! Yes I know your pain, discovered that reality intrusion when I was a child. Just know that Jesus saves!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Left Columbus, OH on 70W and took 70W all the way to STL. I think I jumped on 44S after that. That's like 165 miles, Bry. I went from Richmond to Terre Haute in 20 mins. Indy wasn't there. I didn't see it nor did I drive through it which is impossible. In fact, when I saw Terre Haute from a distance, I assumed it was Indy.

I had several sightings during my time in Ohio and the last one was a couple of months before I experienced that. Prior to that, I've never seen anything minus lights in the sky. I always assumed they were satellites, though. I don't know what the answer is, man. I have no explanation for any of it.

This is going to sound like a copycat, but something similar has happened to me, more times then I can count.
I used to drive from Lowell, Indiana after getting off work at 11 pm, to Renssellaer, IN, home at that time. Distance was about 34-35 miles door to door. Usually took 50-60 minutes (25m was interstate, rest was 2 lane highway / in town.) I KNOW I never clocked out early, but sometimes made it home before the national news was over, at 11:30. Never checked odometer or watch, and I know if I had driven fast enough to do 35 miles in 25 minutes, I would have surely gotten pulled over and fined.
NOTE: There is a Stephen king story somewhat similar, where the distance b/t two towns was 90 miles, and woman did a trip in like 20 minutes, finding unidentifiable animal remains in her grill.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is quite fascinating. Definitely sounds like the alternate reality veil is mighty thin at times. My experience is a little different but mind twisting none-the-less. About a year ago on several occasions i would find one of my cats toys layed in the floor in the middle of my bedroom door. Its a little blue bird that chirps when you move it. Id put it back in her toy pile and later it was back in the exact same spot. One time i swear it was moved back almost as fast as i turned around. I never saw her do it and i never heard it chirp either. One night i was in bed watching tv and i looked up at the wall above the door and all of a sudden a "Portal" the size of a basket opened up. Looking into it looked like snow on your tv when the cable is out. It lasted a few seconds then closed back up. It took a few moments to process what i just saw. I tried rubbing my eyes, shaking my head, you name it, but there was nothing wrong with me. That little blue bird has never been layed on the floor under my bedroom door since that happened. Like i said. ..i really dont think my cat was the one laying it there to begin with. She barely plays with it anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join