It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing places.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Several stories like yours, one I read and was intrigued was the college girls in AZ or NV someplace took a dirt road short cut out in the middle of no where, all in a Chevy Nova, came up to a building with egg shaped three wheeler type cars, went to ask the men outside something, but they were odd looking humans, the girls freaked out and hauled ass, the men chased them in the egg shaped three wheeled cars, then they ran off the road, and everything was back to normal. Or something like that, I'd have to go look for it, but a good read no doubt.

Could be parallel universe or something in overlap for a moment. Or a crisscross in space time.

If you find it post a link here?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eql612

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: Brywilson2

I read a story almost exactly the same as yours. Can't remember if it was on Creepy Pasta or another site but it was one of those scary short story websites that pop up on the FB newsfeed from time to time. I'm talking almost word for word.

And I thought the skeptics on this site were just being cynical. There is a section for fictional stories, it doesn't make the story any less interesting. Just asking the op to not try and pull the wool over our eyes.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Skeptic in the making.

No wool, this happened. Apparently not just to me.
Another poster mention a harvest fair, that sounds familair.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Found the thread!

The Nevada one!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.rense.com...

This one!

edit on 15-4-2017 by 38181 because: Added another link

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here's a link:

______beforeitsnews/beyond-science/2012/01/multiverse-mayhem-screaming-girls-sucked-into-alternate-universe-1700705.html

But egg shaped cars do exist, the BMW Isetta was around in the 1950's. There are the Volkeswagens.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Saw that as well. It was either GHOST HUNTERS, MOST TERRIFYING PLACES, also perhaps HAUNTED AMERICA. I was amazed at that footage too!

In the 70's, I spent the night one summer at Gettysburg in a very old, white single story motel across from the battlefield. Quiet. Really quiet. No noise, cars, birds...nothing. And that was what made it weird...so quiet...you'd think you were hearing cannon fire in the distance.

We thought we left something or other at the motel about 10 minutes back, so I turned around on the same round and went back. We could NOT find the motel. So I drove farther up the road about 10 more minutes. It wasnt there.

We asked around, and the locals said there was no such place. One older woman at some store said there USED to be a place like that, but it had long gone back when she was a little girl...prob. about 40-50 years after the end of the Civil War.

Everything was cash in those days, credit cards just mostly like American Express which we didnt use...so we looked for the receipt we did have...

We never found the receipt...or the motel

edit on 15-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: spl err

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I know this has happened to me - can't recall specifics, but I know I've had similar incidents in the past. Can't say whether it was just shared mis-remembering, as we were focused on the experience at places we didn't originally have an exact intention of going to, or if there's some kind of quantum reality jump going on, but several people sharing the same "no...I know this place was here" effect.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2

originally posted by: KTemplar

Cool story! Divine intervention!

Thats kinda my thought. Despite ppl's negativity here, I remember it, and tend to believe it was my gaurdian angel.

Your account reads as perfectly genuine. It is definitely divine intervention. You needed it.

I've had divine intervention, too. I know what it looks like.

God love you man. Don't let people's ideas turn you off. Though it makes me feel fiery passion reading their remarks, I also remember to feel sorry for them that they haven't experienced such.

You knew what it was before you posted, though. That means you were both interested in sharing your experience for exploration and also for others' benefit. No one could ever convince you against what you know.

Sly dog.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That reminds me of the final episode of Quantum Leap. (A show I used to watch religiously as a kid. Though I was left in awe at the ending where scott bakula walked into a bar.
Here is the episode:

Possible time skip?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Wow, nice story!! Reading it, I am reminded of old stories of fairies in the woods, and parties that travelers could stumble across. How intriguing, too, that you found it more than once! Anything about those two times that was different from other times? Other than that, no idea what o make of it! At least you are here to share the story!!

Nothing like that to share, but there was this house.....well, my sister and I were driving around one night, just to drive, and exploring streets in the area. We came across this large house, at a 90° curve in the road. Large place, 2-3 floors, and bigger than most anything in the area, so it caught our eye. It was set a little back from the road, and I don't recall any vehicle there, or any lights being on. Just this big house. We drove past it more than once that evening, chatting about it, and speculating on the size, who could live there, and so forth, as people will do. Some time later, weeks, we wanted to see it again, and drove back through the area. No house. It was completely gone. Mind you, this was NOT some decrepit-looking place, that anyone would tear down, but a nicer-looking home, on the large side. It was as though nothing had ever been built there. We never could explain it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

You mention beer 8 times...might have a little to do with it. haha
Seriously thought, could be a parallel universe. This has certainly happened to me a few times in life. Very interesting topic!
edit on 15-4-2017 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Good Lord, cleaning catfish is enough of a hellish thing without the specter of Aliens or ghost rednecks.....pulling that skin off still freaks me out....but they taste sooooooo good.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Disappearing people.. dead ones... I know about personally... disappearing and reappearing places and numerous people? Nope.. dont know much, but loved reading your account!!

When I was a kid we had a bad storm and it washed out a one lane bridge .. it was a spooky narrow bridge, just over a creek which became a raging deathtrap with bad storms. The day after the storm my cousin and I went down to look at the high water and flood and cut through a small field to toward a dirt road that went to the little bridge. WHen we were almost the the road we saw a dead guy laying next to a motorcycle. The guy wasnt wearing a helmet and was DEAD. No way to fake that. The motorcycle was more like what youd think of as a dirt bike these days. Remembering how it looked, it appeared the guy crashed and laid it down to avoid the washed out bridge, back then all we knew was DEAD GUY! RUN! So we did .. I mean we walked right up on the body.. so it was a little disconcerting for young kids. We got home and told granddaddy there was a dead guy by the bridge. He used his CB and called the cops and we met down there. Both my cousin and I refused to walk to the spot, but showed them right where it was. They looked a while and came back. We insisted and they looked more. NO BODY and NO MOTORCYCLE. Worse yet, no sign a motorcycle ran off the road according to the cops. We caught all kinds of hell over wasting their time after a flood and etc etc. Granddaddy yelled at us in front of the cops, but when we got back in his truck.. bawling like babies.. he said it was okay and he wasnt mad at us. We never talked about it again.

Either a dead guy got back on his motorcycle and drove off and left no sign of laying a bike down.. or something even more weird happened..

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

I think this guy is ignoring the questions I asked him about the incident. But yes, it feels like an episode from the show Fringe, parallel universe, maybe this place and this woman would've existed if there was no Vietnam war lets say.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Me and a friend of mine was heading to Busch Gardens for an afternoon of thrills and chills. We decided to stop a near by McD for food because we all how expensive theme park food is. Best quarter pounder I have ever had. Not did it tasty amazing but it looked like the picture and everything. Best sandwich I'll never forget. A few years later I took my family and I remembered the best sandwich ever place and decided to take them there as well. But I could never find it again. That whole building gone. Even my friend told me he tried looking for that place again and couldn't find it.

That McDonald's will always have a special place in my heart.
edit on 16-4-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
Me and a friend of mine was heading to Busch Gardens for an afternoon of thrills and chills. We decided to stop a near by McD for food because we all how expensive theme park food is. Best quarter pounder I have ever had. Not did it tasty amazing but it looked like the picture and everything. Best sandwich I'll never forget. A few years later I took my family and I remembered the best sandwich ever place and decided to take them there as well. But I could never find it again. That whole building gone. Even my friend told me he tried looking for that place again and couldn't find it.

That McDonald's will always have a special place in my heart.

Dummy, that was a dream. Everyone knows McDonalds burgers look NOTHiNG like the pics...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Thats kinda my thought. Despite ppl's negativity here, I remember it, and tend to believe it was my gaurdian angel.

Your account reads as perfectly genuine. It is definitely divine intervention. You needed it.

God love you man. Don't let people's ideas turn you off. Though it makes me feel fiery passion reading their remarks, I also remember to feel sorry for them that they haven't experienced such.

You knew what it was before you posted, though. That means you were both interested in sharing your experience for exploration and also for others' benefit. No one could ever convince you against what you know.

Sly dog.

I wouldn't say I ''know'' or ''knew''..........I certainly suspected.
Ive had experience that makes me go ''WTF'', several times......

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
a reply to: Staroth

I think this guy is ignoring the questions I asked him about the incident. But yes, it feels like an episode from the show Fringe, parallel universe, maybe this place and this woman would've existed if there was no Vietnam war lets say.
The vietnam comment was ridiculous. And there is a reason such shows as 'Fringe' are popular, they strike a chord with us, we've had similar experiences.

As to your previous questions, there were no drugs involved. C'mon, mid 80's midwest farm boys, in a very conservative state? Maybe some weed from time to time, but no real drugs like coke, heroin, lsd, etc. hell, a cop catching a high schooler with a six pack and a joint made page 2 of the local paper back then, FFS.

As far as magnetic anomalies / compass, I couldn't say. Why would I have a compass? I grew up in that area, had been down that road a few times (backroad 2 towns away, maybe 15-20 minutes drive time), like farm boys at the time, our entertainment was cruising backroads, drinking, fishing, etc.

Actually, I go down that road now, more often, as it's a shortcut from one town to another, to visit my hometown.

As far as AM/FM signal, I dont remember.....We always had a boombox with us, and a case of cassettes.

Any other questions ?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Sly dog.

I wouldn't say I ''know'' or ''knew''..........I certainly suspected.
Ive had experience that makes me go ''WTF'', several times......

Sometimes, something is simply exactly as you perceive it. To rob yourself of either subjectivity or objectivity without balance will indeed cause you to doubt all of your senses and intelligence. Best not to do that friend.

(post by humanoidlord removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Good story sounds like a Time Slip others have experienced this you might want to check this video out with witness testimony

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join