It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing places.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Several stories like yours, one I read and was intrigued was the college girls in AZ or NV someplace took a dirt road short cut out in the middle of no where, all in a Chevy Nova, came up to a building with egg shaped three wheeler type cars, went to ask the men outside something, but they were odd looking humans, the girls freaked out and hauled ass, the men chased them in the egg shaped three wheeled cars, then they ran off the road, and everything was back to normal. Or something like that, I'd have to go look for it, but a good read no doubt.

Could be parallel universe or something in overlap for a moment. Or a crisscross in space time.
edit on 14-4-2017 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread/story... one of my favorite paranormal subjects is time or dimensional displacement.

I can think of close to 20 accounts I've read, or heard, about places that don't exist when people go back to them, and many of them are in the U.S. ... those 20 odd cases are the ones that stand out as "feeling" legit, that is.

I have NO idea what the answer is... but suspect drifting between realities, or realms, like the land of the Fey.. .especially since many of the accounts mention people who died ... but time slips could be an answer, too.

Maybe it is the realm we "graduate to" when we die here... same place, different frequency, so-to-speak.

Maybe it is secret black ops, ET, or dimensional beings doing what they do to us and giving false memories... but some of these cases just don't "feel" like that.

One story I remember had some poor guy fall in love with a woman at some odd harvest festival in rural Minnesota, but he never found the town again... and I imagine some of the missing over the years are "there" ... wherever "there" is.

But it is more common than most realize... and I've even seen huge buildings that appear for moments where none should be in my own city ... twice... .and my friends have stories of shacks in the woods of New York that are only sometimes there... or driving down a well known Eastern seaboard expressway and seeing a totally different futuristic city around them for a moment ... but the restaurant or diner with cheap prices and decor from the past is the most common tale, for some reason... beats the heck outta me as to why.

Just more clues that the term "reality" is faulty.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

I had a very close friend thru my teens and into my twenties. It was one of those relationships where we connected instantly and had a very deep bond. It was wierd how so many oddities and random strangeness happened when we were together. I KNOW I'll get shot down for sharing this honest to God experience, but what the hell......

So its mid eighties on a scorching hot summer day. We're driving around a local town listening to music in the car chatting it up as usual. I'm driving, when at a distant I see what looks like a massive swarm formation approaching. I'm watching the sky as we drive when this swarm turns out to be a cluster of air crafts. There must have been around a dozen or so fast approaching in this "v" formation. I kid you not!

The crafts were identical. All black, compact looking planes with blackened windshields. Nothing like I ever saw before, especially being the eighties and no internet to google images or aviation knowledge except for regular passenger airlines and army jets. LIke I said, real compact (small) and really quiet and fast (like they glided almost).

They came low over the cars. We both actually screamed in fear that they would hit us. They merely flew by and left our line of vision. It was one of those "did you see that too?" conversation. What was double wierd is that nobody else but us seemed to see it!

We shared a bunch of these random oddities, mostly paranormal in nature, but only when it was her and I together and alone.

And no, there was absolutely no illegal substances or booze involved.

The point I'm making is maybe you have a strong (pychic?) connection with this friend who brought out the strangeness. LOL

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I read a story almost exactly the same as yours. Can't remember if it was on Creepy Pasta or another site but it was one of those scary short story websites that pop up on the FB newsfeed from time to time. I'm talking almost word for word.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

here are 3 stories from the same area in liverpool england exemplore.com...

I like this quote about time slipping....... so, does time flow like a river? Or does it twist and turn, going forward then sweeping back, picking up historic events and placing them down in front of you, if only for a few moments?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I read a story almost exactly the same as yours. Can't remember if it was on Creepy Pasta or another site but it was one of those scary short story websites that pop up on the FB newsfeed from time to time. I'm talking almost word for word.

And I thought the skeptics on this site were just being cynical. There is a section for fictional stories, it doesn't make the story any less interesting. Just asking the op to not try and pull the wool over our eyes.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
Skeptic in the making.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

sounds like this episode

edit on 14-4-2017 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-4-2017 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Cool story, I had a blast reading it. I lived in TN when I was very young and lived in a very old plantation farmhouse. It was very clearly haunted. Doesn't really have anything to do with your story, except I think that "ghosts" as we call them, exist. Maybe it was an old ghost bar that only appeared in certain situations. Possibly the ghosts that inhabit the bar were killed by an FBI burn out or a Capone shoot out.

Here is a fun little thought that I like to entertain....

What if everything we believe that we remember never existed? What if we JUST NOW burst into consciousness, and everything we believe we have lived is just a dream state? What if WE are the ghosts, and we exist in a different astral plane?

What is reality? If we remove the human ego, we quickly find that we know absolutely NOTHING about the true nature of our reality.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
no. it is only that you are so used to it you dont notice passing through it.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I had come across a similar thread a year back and one particular story strikes me even now from that thread.

It was about a boy who after school would walk down the path of his house and just about the bend of the road which had houses on either side, he would come across people from the past (deduced from their dress).

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
awesome!
i love high strangeness stories

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Should've checked for magnetic anomalies, spinning compass, did the radio work okay? AM, FM frequencies.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Or bad drugs.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Cool story! Divine intervention!

Thats kinda my thought. Despite ppl's negativity here, I remember it, and tend to believe it was my gaurdian angel.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eql612

Thanks for the post. Its a welcome departure from politics and all the gloom and doom. Plus its a downright cool story. Living rural, I can relate to many things you mentioned.

As I was reading, my first thought was a time slip but that don't really fit. Although I dont really subscribe to the alternate reality/universe idea, that does seem to fit your experiences. Some kind of temporary portal opening. Do you remember if the air seemed different or unusual smells when you turned down the road? Scent, for me, is a powerful memory kicker. The second time, you all got rained out. Was it raining elsewhere in the county or just while you were there?

Just some thoughts. Great story.

Wasnt time slip, despite the old ford truck, most cars were current, that is, nothing stuck out as being old/antique. I'm a car guy/hot rod lover, so if I had seen a car 20-30 years out of date, let alone a parking lot full, I would have remembered it.

The weather was the same as it was outside of that patch of woods. As far as the rain, it was raining, but rain in heavy woods sometimes doesnt barely wet the ground. I heard the rain on the roof of the bldg(metal roof, pole barn), The bar was the usual small town bar: ciggie smoke, beer, fried food.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

'Sorry, I'll have to put your tale in the questionable bin. You offer a mind-numbing amount of details about a beer-soaked outing or two. It just doesn't work. And I seriously believe in a lot of strange phenomena.

BITD (back in the day) my little group were serious hard core drinkers. 3 beers on the drive to work, 3 beers w/ lunch at a local spot (w/ the boss, no less), and a 12 pack w/ shots on the way home wasnt unusual. Of course, we were all typical midwest farm boys; over 6'' tall, heavyset, etc.

Hell, I remember a DIO concert I attended in High School (83?) when i was way too drunk to do more than walk.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

There are 2 documented cases I remember...but youll have to search them out for yourself.

1. 2 ladies walking the grounds at the French Palace of Versailles, rounded a corner and were transported to another time where people were dressed in clothes of the French Revolution. They could not find it again, and what they described was someplace that had once existed there, but gone hundreds of years...

2. A couple driving through England came upon a small village, not on any map. After leaving, they went back to find it again...and couldnt. The locals in the countryside had no idea of any such place ever existing.

MS

I saw a tv show where someone saw a confederate military maneuver at gettysburg, that they checked and was no re-enactors, displays, etc. I wish I had seen that.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
While I'm reading your oratory, it occurred that a couple of things might have occurred.

You were indeed drunk and made up stories to get out of 'dutch'. Or, you were time travelers and experienced being sent back in time.... ie' around the time of "The Twilight Zone S01E30 A Stop at Willoughby" and based your recollections on that....... (refer back to drunk)

Or, that you slipped inter-dimensionally to an alternate location ......... it could happen...
Or your story is 100% true and accurate.......... except for the part of re-locating it after that time you re-located it the second time, that just being ......something, something... . I can certify with 100% accuracy, that has never happened to me......... well everything but the 'drunk' part..

I didn't relocate it after the 2nd time, I did try. I've even tried recently.

IDK what you mean out of ''dutch''. If you mean trouble from the g/f, I was single, not married, no kids, etc. This wasnt an everyday thing, I was allowed to go fishing, etc. As far as the drinking, it was the 80's - damn near evryone drank, smoked, etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

20 beers and shots?

Might have something to do with that.

For us BITD, that literally was a common thing.
Figure 3 beers on the way to work, 3 at lunch, 3 on ride home, stop at local bar for dinner w/ g/f and our group, etc. Even going straight home to do something there, a 15-20 beer day wasnt unusual.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

My story also revolves around fishing....

On a trip to fish the headwaters of the Rio Grand, I passed thru an old mining town, north west of Creed on Hwy 149. There was a very distinctive water tower in the town.

On a subsequent trip to the same area on the same Hwy....no town, just the water tower. Asked about the town in Creed and the people said there had never been a town or mining camp there and .....no water tower.

Think Ive read about that, a ghost town that disappears? But one I read about was in NM, near Madrid/Cerrillos.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join