It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United passenger David Dao has concussion broken nose says dragging more horrific than Vietnam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The man who was removed from a United Airlines flight in Chicago has retained a lawyer.

Apparently the man suffered some injuries when 3 officers dragged him off the plane before takeoff.

The man is from Vietnam and compares this incident to when he fled Vietnam.

Obviously, a lawsuit is likely.

Good God.

Lawyer: United passenger David Dao has concussion, broken nose; says dragging more horrific than fleeing Vietnam

An attorney for the man forcibly dragged from a United flight earlier this week said passenger Dr. David Dao suffered serious injuries and that both the airline and city of Chicago are responsible.

Dao’s attorney, Thomas Demetrio, said at a press conference Thursday morning that Dao suffered a significant concussion and a broken nose, lost two front teeth and would need reconstructive surgery after three aviation officers dragged him off a Louisville-bound flight at Chicago’s O’Hare Airport.

Demetrio also also said that Dao, who is from Vietnam, said the experience of being dragged from the flight was more horrifying than fleeing his home country.

Dao was discharged from the hospital late Wednesday night and had no memory of going back on the plane due to the concussion, Demetrio added. Demetrio said Dao will eventually speak publicly about the matter and that Dao wants no part of an airport at this time and will likely be driven to his home in Kentucky. Demetrio dismissed the idea that the incident was racially motivated, a theory that led to discussions on Chinese social media of a United boycott.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What upsets me also about this, is that he came from another country to our country, and serves and helps heal people here, and this is how he gets treated....idk. Maybe I think Doctors deserve a little respect, especially foreign ones. He could have been a Dr in Vietnam.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They give it easy in the VIet, ever try leaving the TSA unlawfully?

LOL your title made me think he was a Vietnam vet from the other side....

Hahaha

"Back in Nam man...."

edit on 13-4-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Once the passenger was seated, the flight was not oversold,
and the passenger was not doing anything to warrant his removal,
Seems the airline is on the wrong side of the law here to "remove"
him. Not to mention the physical attack on the man.

Hope he prevails, the Airline is in for a PR nightmare that will
make them regret everything, they deserve it.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Guess he should have gotten off the plane.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I cannot help but LOL at your title and the fact that this has been dominAting media for the last 48 hours...

To me the only truly concerning part of this whole situation is the fact that publicly funded police did a private company's dirty work.

Besides that who cares ?

Just like "no shirt no shoes no service" certain agreements are made upon purchase and united has every right to ASK people to "reoccomodate "... not saying it's good practice or that it right, but as a private company they reserve the right imho..

This seems like the lamest media distraction I have seen in years...

But what do I know?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Boycotting united seems to have a following, and a debunk team in the throws?

google search
ext
good luck with that

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

He was a pill Doctor. A convicted felon.

That said, his treatment was off the charts.

His payday finally came in...maybe he can expunge his record now. lol

mg

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So the airline will continue to lose money for its shareholders.

If the airline fails now good riddance. They should not be allowed to treat people like that.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Still, though-
You have to give a moment to think that the guy is being a loser and trying to extort money via lawyers.
Like the lady who sued McDonald's for coffee that was too hot, or the one who sued a haunted house for scaring her too much.

Granted, it's not that extreme... But a lot of lawyers push to sue over stupid # so they can get paid.

My guess is he's just annoyed, as he should be- and a lawyer said "hey buddy, want to make some money?"

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Now might be a good time to book a United flight.
Maybe the plane will have a bit more room to stretch out.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Now might be a good time to book a United flight.
Maybe the plane will have a bit more room to stretch out.

Lol.. Thats if you don't get thrown out of the plane for using more precious seating than you were allocated.
edit on 13-4-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Guess he should have gotten off the plane.

Agree only no guess about it...
If a crew member tells you to do something do it... If the situation escalates to the cops arriving and they tell you to stand up and get off the aircraft and you don't... guess what... it is gonna get ugly .... The original story said the airline needed seats for dead heading crew members..Which is Normal in the airline industry... You have a flight that departs from another airport and you have to get your crew there or the original crew ran out of time, due to delays, to take the flight out... thus you send another crew... The feds make the rules on flight time limitations and if the airline bust one of those rules they get fined.. Every flight in the USA is allowed to be over booked because they know a certain percentage (history of location and time of departure) will never show for the flight..Very seldom do the airlines get caught with the flight's pants down as far as over booking.. ... and when they do it is usually handled in a much better way than this episode
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If I wasnt terrified of flying i'd go buy a united ticket, cause a teeny weeny disturbance, wait for the assbeating, and go straight to the lotto office to collect my riches

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I hope he sues the crap out of them. What makes it worse (not that it isn't already) is that they booted him to make room for a UA employee. The best thing UA could do is just give him a substantial settlement to make this go away. The guy deserves some serious bucks for this, IMO.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Haha sometimes I swear to god your the only smart person hear! Oviously the jerk should of gotten off the plane if he did than he wouldnt of had to be roughed up. I sure wish the snowflakes would stop crying over this criminal who refused to get off the airplane when ordered to. If someone tells yuou to get off the airplane than youd better get off the airplane. Its private property not a choice and i dont care if your a paying customer or not. I have no patience for stupidity during a wartime crisis like this.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

He's gonna be a rich doctor, I bet the lawyers are clambering all over each other to be the lead prosecutor in what will be a very public and very ugly court case.

Good luck finding a jury that hasn't seen the various footage out there for all to see.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

I still want to know who leaked the man's name (and his wife') to the press so they could dig that story up? Dr. Dao hadn't come forward yet. The DailyMail had an 'EXCLUSIVE' photo of part of his passenger file. Someone with access to it leaked it to the press and they commenced to smearing Dr. Dao before he even had a chance to come forward or lawyer up.

To me, that's the greatest injustice. I wasn't even paying attention to the story until I saw the press had his name and had dug up the 2003 dirt on him. That's reason enough to never fly United...if anything happens and other passengers video record it, you can expect your identity (and your spouse's) will be leaked to the press and anything you did 15 years ago will be used against you. Who needs that kind of grief?

ETA: And, BTW, the media never seemed to specify how they got Dr. Dao's name. Par for the course when it comes to media collusion with their uber-rich masters.
edit on 13-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

He's gonna be a rich doctor, I bet the lawyers are clambering all over each other to be the lead prosecutor in what will be a very public and very ugly court case.

Good luck finding a jury that hasn't seen the various footage out there for all to see.

United will settle and all the details will be sealed.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

My guess is he's just annoyed,

So he was handled with "kid gloves"? Maybe his lawyer is making it up (sarcasm) ....
but then again these injuries sound pretty horrific to me

from the link

suffered a significant concussion and a broken nose, lost two front teeth and would need reconstructive surgery

edit on 13-4-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join