It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pravda: Kim Jong-un orders evacuation of Pyongyang

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I believe the US is quite capable of destroying North Korea. The problem lies in the backlash we'll receive from the international community.

If I think conspiratorially, it says the 600,000 who cant get in a bomb shelter are mostly criminals. What if, he wants to test one of his nukes on living people? He nukes his own 600,000, then tells his people the US did it?
Just my imagination running wild...
Carry on.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
a reply to: IAMTAT

you know what, I lived the Cold War on the side of Warsaw Pact. The civil defense was a school-day exercise, mandatory. The West just believes its own stories how bad the East is/was. I bet the Americans are less prepared for nuclear war than the North Koreans, Chinese, Russians, and on the other side, Swedish, and Swiss who have reportedly bunkers for 100% of the population.

Do you know where you will go in the case of nuclear war? What strange that North Korea, preparing for that big war for decades, cares for its citizens to continue the life when all is over? Of but their leaders are animals...we heard recently.

Go have a personal visit to North Korea and when (if) you get back you can write us a book about how you survived. Something tells me you wouldnt make it back here without a massive ransome if that even worked. Or maybe im just believing all the fake news of the North for the last several decades? Please do tell what you heard recently.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I remember the ICBM's they paraded they looked pretty bad. Made from sheet metal and poor welding

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

My intention is not to glorify the regime of Kim. I just shared briefly what it was to live behind the iron curtain, in terms of civil defense drills. Is that a problem for you?

Apparently North Koreans are behind schedule from the rest with 30 50 or more years. Is that a problem for someone? It will become a problem if nuclear war is triggered. Unlike USSR North Korea is not willing to surrender in Cold War.

Now we all sit and wait Mr Kim to explode his 6th nuclear test. And may be Mr Trump will go to clear the mess alone...to bring human rights there, and nuclear rain here.
edit on 13-4-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The thing I can't figure out is who is more BAT # CRAZY, Kim or the Dump.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CT_Flyboy
The crazy one is the one who is acting without China's blessing. At the moment, of course, that doesn't answer the question.

edit on 13-4-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If I was really paranoid, I might wonder if all the saber-rattling by L'il Kim was BS...and he really DID have viable nuclear weapons and a viable delivery system. The other "for show" stuff was poorly made and defective in testing. Then at his own appointed time, he sets off "the real stuff."

Fool me once.........

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
US miscalculation? No, not by a long shot. But it does tend make the anti-Americans show themselves...

Everyone needs to look up "2012newstart" and see the background...you may need to use the translate button to get through the Chinese characters though!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Kim is basically a cult leader with an exceptionally large cult.

Evacuating part of a major city is a useful ploy to keep his people afraid and paranoid about the outside world. It helps him convince them they are in danger and need his protection. The economic fallout is no issue to him. Control is everything.

Now, the bad news is: historically cult leaders have been known to kill all of their followers when it looks like they're about to start losing control. Like for example Jim Jones: en.wikipedia.org...

Imagine if Jim Jones had had nukes.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm going to start calling him "Jim Jones Un" from now on.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart
Please offer a better souce

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend
ain't no party like a Pyongyang party,
cuz a Pyongyang party is ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY!

I'm in my vet's office right now trying not to bust out laughing. Thanks

Yeah he's stupid, but not stupid enough to start nuking with big brother/only ally China breathing down his neck.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Kim knows that 15 minutes after he attacks the US or Japan, he will be inside of a several million degree fireball. As I sincerely don't believe he wants to experience this, I don't think there will be a war anytime soon. All his rhetoric is aimed at portraying that there is a perilous external threat and as a result he is needed as the leader of the country. I think what is more likely to happen is that one of his generals is going to park a slug in his brain pan, thus saving the country and the world a lot of pain.

edit on 13-4-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If I could see into the future. North Korea does something Stupid. China moves in...dear leader disappears. NK is now Chinese province. Japan USA help patrol the coast for China so no one escapes. Travel to NK is the same as if you were traveling to mainland China. Much better all around. Many families are reunited with their loved ones to the North and South.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

From your lips to Gods ears.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Enforcing international law and nonproliferation policies is now "provoking?"

So, how exactly does nonproliferation work? Is that like one country with 10000 nukes telling another country with 6 nukes "You get rid of half of yours and we'll get rid of half of ours" ?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I feel like Kim Jong-Un has a perpetual thirst to be relevant.

Napoleon complex maybe?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
if we keep provoking NK, then they retaliate. not hard to figure out. why should they let another country tell them what to do or face military actions?

while i understand that viewpoint and agree, its just not the world we live in. maybe one day but we humans are far to stupid for it yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This evacuation thing might be real. The 600,000 evacuated could be the "chosen ones". 2.4 million remain in Peonyogang.
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

A friend of mine had an interesting thought today, he asked me if I thought Kim would nuke his own capital and blame it on the US. So I am wondering the same now. The situation is so crazy at this point almost anything could happen.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join