It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pravda: Kim Jong-un orders evacuation of Pyongyang

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

UN Security Council resolution? USSR was a permanent member of the Council. Why didn't they veto it?

They were boycotting Security Council proceedings over its refusal to recognize the communist regime in China.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

...The same as one must wonder if the gas attack video wasn't from the one in 2013...Or whatever, wherever...

A reasonably good reverse still image search is available online, is there a reverse video search available online also?.

I'll have to look into this and tell y'all what I find...
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You were right. I just read the Wikipedia article on that resolution.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Probably showing my age right now.....but I feel this song is fitting for Ol' Chubs.

That fat son of a B is gonna get a 360 degree sunburn. Bring it on Porky.

edit on 12-4-2017 by CaptainBeno because: Post link to youtube correctly

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't worry about an ICBM hitting the US, but I do think the the USS Carl Vinson strike group is vulnerable to a low altitude detonation. Perhaps little Kim could make a case in the world court that it would be self defence after the US strike in Syria last week.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
nk has been doing forever

seems like that 15 years they do this every 2 or 3 years

and they always say give us some $ and food and we will scale back
edit on 12-4-2017 by homers1226 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: 2012newstart

I doubt the story is true.

North Korea has a handful of nukes with no delivery system.

I doubt war is about to start.

Classic North Korea rhetoric.

North Korea might even nuke its own and say we did it. Their missiles are dysfunctional.

Or we will nuke them and say that they did it.

Nuclear weapons leave a signature. It's possible to determine the source of the fuel.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: ketsuko

I doubt the story is true.

North Korea has a handful of nukes with no delivery system.

I doubt war is about to start.

Classic North Korea rhetoric.

North Korea might even nuke its own and say we did it. Their missiles are dysfunctional.

Or we will nuke them and say that they did it.

Nuclear weapons leave a signature. It's possible to determine the source of the fuel.

People on ATS/alternative media might figure that out, but the MSM and the masses wont.
edit on 12-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Soon N Korea will be without a leader, perfect place to set up a Middle East safe zone to ship all the unwanted radical Islamic immigrants around the world to. They can face the Russians to the north, the Chinese Red Army on the western border or tiptoe through the DMZ landmines if they don't want to stay there.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: kuhl

They have some, but they're hit or miss.

We could intercept most of their systems if not all.

But would we? That would be a great crisis to not let go to waste, by letting some of them hit.

We could have stopped Pearl Harbor, but didn't. We needed an "event'

If they happen to pepper Seattle, Portland, LA and San Fran with nukes, I guess we'd have to do something.

Maybe Trump will go to congress for a declaration of war or thank you note, after a couple of investigations when the smoke clears.

Who gets to leave Pyongyang? lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No war. We/China/Russia...every nuclear power knows where any nuclear warhead is launched from, even China, NK's only powerful "friend" doesn't want war and will do whatever it takes to prevent it and will probably help us contain them.

Our only issue is that if there is war with North Korea, We need to understand that It's important to China not to have a unified Korea. We can't just go strolling up north and do what we want. We don't want another Korean War um..I mean police action.

Better for everyone involved if North Korea becomes a Chinese province or puppet state.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
No war. We/China/Russia...every nuclear power knows where any nuclear warhead is launched from, even China, NK's only powerful "friend" doesn't want war and will do whatever it takes to prevent it and will probably help us contain them.

Our only issue is that if there is war with North Korea, We need to understand that It's important to China not to have a unified Korea. We can't just go strolling up north and do what we want. We don't want another Korean War um..I mean police action.

Better for everyone involved if North Korea becomes a Chinese province or puppet state.

Very well put, if China deals with the problem then I don't think Americans would be too concerned about NK becoming a Chinese puppet state. It's better than the lives of our sisters and brothers.

However, if China doesn't take care of it, we should.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I Bet Little Fat Boy Kim has Lost a Few Pounds these last 2 Weeks Worrying about his Sorry Little Fat Ahass being Shot Off by a U.S. Tomahawk Missile . If he tries to Hide in his Super Secure Underground Bunker , his Sorry Little Fat Butt Still won't be Safe from U.S. Military Technology . I Bet his Chinese Comrades will be Unavailable on his Hotline too , Probably get a Recorded Message .......
edit on 12-4-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Jong-un, are you playing with the internet again?

I don't think the news from Russian and South Korean media is made by Kim's staff. It is unwise to underestimate the enemy. I never said I supported Kim's policy, now or ever.

The withdrawal of population from big cities, under whatever pretext, is a sure sign of imminent nuclear conflict. Read Nyquist for more to understand the logic of the nuclear war, now forgotten after the Cold War. (Nyquist cannot be accused of being pro-communist or pro-Russian).

And...

To criticize today's US administration absurd stance that is willing to start two regional wars at once, one of them with a nuclear armed country, doesn't mean to be anti-American or non-patriot for those who are Americans. Just read what CNN writes on its frontpage today. edition.cnn.com...

Trump's saber-rattling is North Korea's propaganda dream come true By Will Ripley and James Griffiths, CNN Updated 1254 GMT (2054 HKT) April 12, 2017

edit on 12-4-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

North Korea has lots of submarines piloted by people who would only be too happy to go on a suicide mission,so Id say maybe they can hit the usa without a delivery system.

that is a possibility. Sure they will not tell the world what they will do.

They demonstrated they have missile/rocket that put TWO satellites on orbit pretty functional and secretive

www.n2yo.com...
www.n2yo.com...

Both of them could have EMP device, nuclear or other. It needs only a remote command when the satellite is over NK and time mechanism to wait until reaching over US territory. Whatever happens with North Korea later, USA will be already EMP-ed.

Could USa take down the satellites as precautions measure? That would mean the war has already begun, and Kim will attack the South with all forces. However not perfect his missiles are, they are as good to reach nearby US bases and also Tokyo. The Soviet missiles in Cuba were even less perfect, still they could destroy Washington DC in 5 minutes.

As we see from the reports of population withdrawal, NK prepare for the worst scenario for themselves, under whatever pretext for the international public.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Did the evacuation really take place and if so, where did 600k people go? I think it's a ploy by KJU to scare his peolpe.

I guess it did. The posted articles are my only information. I am NOT in North Korea, as the CNN journalists are.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
The story is in the Korean news too mengnews.joins.com...

Kim Jong-un orders 600,000 out of Pyongyang Apr 12,2017 North Korean leader Kim Jong-un recently ordered the deportation of nearly 600,000 Pyongyang residents to the suburbs, a local source told the JoongAng Ilbo Monday. The deportation represents one-fourth of Pyongyang’s current population of 2.6 million. It is not known when they will be forced to move or to where.

This article suggests it was just a crazy dictator move to make the capital more pure with loyalists.

It doesn't offer any pretext for war.

Well, what do you expect them to say: we evacuate our capital because our next move is to use nuclear arms to USA and we fear the retaliation? Not good news, not even for the North Korean common people. Read the whole article, it is heart breaking. The people were invited to say good bye to the country, fields, etc. The idea that the communists and the muslim ...whatever, have no human feelings, no instinct of safety, is wrong.

The terrible thing here is not that, but the resolve of North Korean regime to use nuclear weapons, as it declared so many times. I doubt USA will intercept all the missiles. Did it intercept even one foreign-made missile? We just got the fact of 50% tomahawks failing to reach target. Radiated by unknown EM weapon may be? US weapons are not perfect either.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is getting interesting. Not sure I understand though... in a tunnel ??

North Korea Said To Be Preparing Nuclear Device Detonation; Test Site Is "Primed And Ready"

In a striking development involving the rapidly changing North Korean geopolitical situation, moments ago Voice of America reporter Steve Herman stated that according to US government and other sources, North Korea has "apparently placed a nuclear device in a tunnel and it could be detonated Saturday AM Korea time."

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Whatever dudes, just don't nuke HK, mmkay??

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Breakdown on step by step acquisition or how it came to be. They also have local uranium.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join