It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Ban Cars to Stop Terror’ Says Sweden’s Best-Selling Newspaper

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The stupid is Sweden is getting pretty bad. So, ban cars and trucks to only be allowed in cities at times when there are no people around???

Oh boy. I wonder if they thought of someone not "obeying" the rule and driving into it anyway? Unless they are putting up roadbloacks and spike stips, how are they going to prevent a rogue truck attack?

Oh, a new law!

LOL

www.breitbart.com...

Crackdowns on immigration or extremist ideology are not the way forward when it comes to terror prevention, according to the veteran journalist, writing after Friday’s terror attack in Stockholm left four people dead.

Instead, it is cars — which she calls “effective murder machines” — that Franchell says “must simply be removed from city centres and places where people gather, if people are to be protected in future”.

edit on 11-4-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well there goes the joke about car control. They really are going to start calling for it. How long until someone brings up that it also would help save the planet too?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well there goes the joke about car control. They really are going to start calling for it. How long until someone brings up that it also would help save the planet too?

Progressive PC babble also included:

The idea of reducing the number of cars in Swedish cities was backed last month by Sweden’s environment minister, who argued that driving is a gender equality issue as well as a matter of shrinking the nation’s carbon emissions.

“Cars are driven largely by men so by giving a lot of space to cars; we’re giving a lot of space to men — at the expense of women,” Karolina Skog explained.

edit on 11-4-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

If you ban hospitals, people will stop getting sick.

true story, saw it on the internet.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ban cars, eh?

How about ban muslims?

Kidding... Kidding...

They can just shut down their immigration temporarily and start working to deport people who pose a threat.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

god, what a mess Sweden is.

haha. Driving is sexist now?

Morons

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They should also ban all sharp and blunt objects!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It is not unusual for cities to ban cars from city centers, mostly for healthier environment, she is just suggesting that and then you could get more safety for pedestrian on the side.

Way overblown story, and in reality not a bad idea.

The original Swedish article headline is: Clean Stockholm. . stop the cars
edit on 11-4-2017 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Ban cars, eh?

How about ban muslims?

Kidding... Kidding...

They can just shut down their immigration temporarily and start working to deport people who pose a threat.

You can't ban Muslims. Mohammed uttered more than 100 successful prophecies. The Old Testament says that if a man's words come to pass then he is a prophet. What you should really be banning is Mormonism. Joseph Smith Jr. said that Jesus would return in 56 years, even though the Bible indicates that when Jesus returns at the Battle of Armageddon, ALL EYES will see Jesus and Jesus will appear as the sun rises in the east. Jesus will then decimate the forces of Armageddon and set foot upon the mount of Olives and it will cleave into a valley.

We can't ban one religion following a prophet whose prophecies were fulfilled and not ban another whose prophecies failed miserably.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
It is not unusual for cities to ban cars from city centers, mostly for healthier environment, she is just suggesting that and then you could get more safety for pedestrian on the side.

the state of high town shops in many UK cities makes me wonder at the wisdom of pedestrianisation.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here is my opinion have had personal contact with Sikh's, Muslims, and Christian's. I have never been mistreated by Sikh's or Muslims.

The only problem I have had with unprovoked abusive behavior has been with ...

...wait for it...

Christians.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Therefore this could be the motivation for the attacks by Muslims if Christians will attack people without provocation of their religion I assure you that they will engage in similar behaviors with these people committing the attacks in Europe.

Isolated behavior is one thing, but when Christians engage in systematic abuse then it's easy to understand these bombings that occur in retaliation.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
Here is my opinion have had personal contact with Sikh's, Muslims, and Christian's. I have never been mistreated by Sikh's or Muslims.

...wait for it...

Christians.

BS!

Second line.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Breitbart...(shakes head laughing sarcastic about that "source")

But they also should ban oxygen, because every terrorist inhaled oxygen before his attack!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

...wait for it...

Christians.

Going to go out on a limb here and just guess that you have a much larger sample size of Christians to draw from ...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It was only a matter of time before this was going to happen - many of us called it well in advance (including myself). Up next: drones, knives, batons, maybe even bicycles? Yikes...

Get it under control people

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Totally ludicrous.

It'd be easier to isolate the asshole gene and sterilise all the carriers.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

The original Swedish article headline is: Clean Stockholm. . stop the cars

Have to agree there, (of course this is Breitbart, everyone to them is stupid) a lot of european towns have been pedestrianised in the older town centres. I'm an avid car driver, while I see how relevant people are to city centres, and frankly I have no desire to feck about looking for a space there, and I don't mind a bit doing a walk here and there while I'm able. I had even said to the wife watching the news about Stockholm that street is far too narrow and busy for any traffic, while it probably had been partially partitioned anyway. They should just make it traffic free altogether, and just have the services operating in the early hours as a lot of cities do. The woman is right, a vehicle is a deadly force in anybody's hand, and there are enough noodles about even without terrorists.
I'll add, America's grid system may be less plausible for the same treatment, but still I guess they also have traffic calming measure in places.
edit on 11-4-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
yeah.... walk around with prayer-rugs.... the refugees are just busting-t-the-seams with gratitude for all the accomodations you non-Muslim people make

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yea, stupid maybe but hey.......its Sweden. They got about 10 million "citizens"; and only three cities of note:
Capital and largest city (2014 est.): Stockholm, 1.372 million; Other large cities (2014 est.): Göteborg, 536,790; Malmö, 303,873.

Doesn't sound like much of a problem to me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join