It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb hits german football team bus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: DerBeobachter

My prediction, this was an attempted terrorist attack from a radical Muslim

That´s what all hope that want to spread a bit of anti muslim hate and help to divide the people.

Btw, i am not muslim!
I am not a religious nut following any cult!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So we do all know something or we dont?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: Nikola014

My prediction, this was an attempted terrorist attack from a radical Muslim

That´s what all hope that want to spread a bit of anti muslim hate and help to divide the people.

Btw, i am not muslim!
I am not a religious nut following any cult!

Then stay out of this thread...duh. It's like talking about the election when you didn't even vote, shut up.
edit on th31Tue, 11 Apr 2017 14:31:34 -0500K201743430pm4 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Pulisic is so good that the jihadis are trying to take him out as they don't want an American being so good at the world's game.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That's not anti-Muslim hate, it's called applied logic due to observation.

Is it anti-lion hate to acknowledge they eat humans?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Without further info and taking into account the bus only lost a window, I'd expect this to be the work of the hools rather than jihadis.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

A German prosecutor says that a letter was found near the bus where the explosives went off. The letter takes responsibility for the bombing.

twitter.com...

edit on 11-4-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

A German prosecutor says that a letter was found near the bus where the explosives went off. [Details withheld]

twitter.com...

You missed the main part...

A German prosecutor says the letter found near the Dortmund soccer team bus "takes responsibility for the act."

This sounds a bit strange

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Officers searching the L'Arrivée hotel and spa, in Dortmund, Germany, found a "suspect" device.

DailyStar.co.uk - 'Suspicious package' found at Borussia Dortmund hotel after bus bomb blasts.

They report the bus hit by three explosions when leaving. No mention of a note. And Barta is OK too.

Thank goodness.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is directly from the german press conference and i'm just translating the vital parts. Newest developments are the following.

The BVB bus was indeed the intended target and there were four IEDs. After leaving the parking spot in front of the team hotel 3 exploded right away and a fourth didn't detonate due to a faulty assembly it seems. The BVB player Marc Batra is still in surgery. He suffered a broken sproke at his right wrist. They need to remove some fragments from the bus window too. The police is treating this as attempted murder. This is pretty serious.

The IEDs were intended to wreak a lot more damage. I guess it' was pure luck that nobody got killed. The letter they found was briefly mentioned but there was no further information. They check the letter of it's authenticity first before they decide to realease any information. That's it for now.

I can't stress enough that this looks not good but please refrain from jumping to conclusions. This goes beyond the usual rock and firecracker throwing and the police felt that it's necessary to reinforce there presence at the stadium on Wednesday. I hope they catch the perpetrators who did this pretty quick.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

Edit: I should mention that the 3 IEDs were well hidden but the bus was only hit by the impact blasts. The explosions were far enough away to not deal any serious damage.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Thanks for your detailed update.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

No problem. We have to deal with a lot of hooligans but this is a whole new level and unprecedented. Certain football rivalries escalated in the last few years. This is taking it too far.

@BVB Fans Als HSVer verurteile ich diesen Anschlag aufs schärfste. Gute Besserung an Bartra und die ganze Mannschaft. Einfach nur krank diese Menschen.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

No problem. We have to deal with a lot of hooligans but this is a whole new level and unprecedented. Certain football rivalries escalated in the last few years. This is taking it too far.

This doesn't appear like hooligans at all.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Do hooligans use remote detonation to set of bombs?

Muslim terrorists do so all the time.

Three roadside bombs that struck Borussia Dortmund team bus were detonated by 'MOBILE PHONE' as police say they found a letter near the scene taking responsibility – but won't reveal other details

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 11-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

This doesn't appear like hooligans at all.

There is some speculation that some BVB hools did this as retaliation to the arrest of some of their friends. It's still unclear to me why 3 very powerful IEDs did nearly no damage at all. The fourth one didn't even detonated. I also want to know if they were triggered by remote or set off with a timer. It feels and looks like amateurs set this up to send a message. I doubt Daesh would be this sloppy. Though we had a kid not long ago who tried to set off a homemade shrapnell bomb but he failed and it didn't detonate. Sometimes we just have to rely on luck i guess. Sad times we live in.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: added some clarification

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

There were 4 bombs, 3 exploded and the police have one that failed.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hmm. First of all, glad to hear that casulties were limited, sad to hear that there were still casualties, and circling back to glad to hear that the casualty is not a fatality.

Second... it seems a bit... specific?

Jihadist nonces trying to set off bombs/suicide bomb in the middle of the crowd at the match itself or the queues outside - that I could esily believe. Multiple IEDs all coordinated to target the team outside their hotel just seems like someone cared too much about that specific target.

So, strong possibility for a lunatic fan, maybe even one trying to pass the attack off jihadists.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Do hooligans use remote detonation to set of bombs?

Muslim terrorists do so all the time.

Three roadside bombs that struck Borussia Dortmund team bus were detonated by 'MOBILE PHONE' as police say they found a letter near the scene taking responsibility – but won't reveal other details

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Please take the info with a grain of salt because the german police did not release any information how the bombs were triggered. I have no idea where the mobile phone stuff comes from.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the team that was the victim of the targeted bombing.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Just checking the updates for this the last 10 minutes.

No mention of a bomb yet though just an "explosion".

The big game (Champions League Quarter Final) might be called off.

Hope everyone is safe.

Sorry "bomb" was my word. I misread "blast" on the headline.

Yes a bomb just not one dropped but planted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join