It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Everyone on here except paid shills and malicious trolls, I assume either; 1.) subscribe to conspiracy theories as a way of life "awake", 2) are interested in alternative view points but don't feel like they know enough or 3) are on the fence about what they are forced fed on information so they explore.

No matter which category you fit into, occasionally you can't always agree or always disagree. When you don't agree with a particular theory, do you... 1) blindly accept a conspiracy because you have to. 2). Try to further the theory based on pure faith or hatred for msm or governments. 3) ignore and move on. 4). Other.. Explain

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: asinapi1

5 watch and wait to see what unfolds and remain neutral

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

First I give it the smell test..

If it passes the olfactory exam, I dissect it.

After dissection I discard the spoiled tissue and reevaluate.

Finally I decide. And for the most part keep my conclusions to myself..

I'm not here to supply crib notes.. do your own work.

What is your protocol?

Edited to add

This post was tongue in cheek..please read in the voice of Charles Emerson Winchester III...
Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 9-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

if i dont agree on a certain theory i let it go in one ear and right out the other. no big deal.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I get that.. I was just curious because I feel that if I don't subscribe to all of the theories I'm s fake. I believe strongly about Sandy hook conspiracy. 9/11 conspiracy, not so much. People freak out... How can I possibly not be behind the 9/11 truther movement.. I'm not a true conspiracy theorist. I'm a shill. Yet. I hear the argument.. I just don't agree. Not saying I'm right... But I have to believe the 9/11 to believe sandy hook? That's all

Not looking for info from others , just curious on thoughts

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

5 watch and wait to see what unfolds and remain neutral
perfect.. Lol. I can appreciate that

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

if i dont agree on a certain theory i let it go in one ear and right out the other. no big deal.
yeah, but do you get accused of being a. Sheeple or shill, etc.. You know you're not.. But people question your " allegiance'"

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

someones always going to put a label on you no matter what. Who cares what they think. You do you and let them choke on their own tears

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

someones always going to put a label on you no matter what. Who cares what they think. You do you and let them choke on their own tears
thanks.. Am I wrong for saying I can't believe the 9/11 conspiracy. But I believe the Sandy hook and Boston Marathon conspiracies.. And now.. I feel everything that happens has to be a false flag or a conspiracy. And I'm like no its not.. But people are intolerant to that.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: asinapi1
I get that.. I was just curious because I feel that if I don't subscribe to all of the theories I'm s fake. I believe strongly about Sandy hook conspiracy. 9/11 conspiracy, not so much. People freak out... How can I possibly not be behind the 9/11 truther movement.. I'm not a true conspiracy theorist. I'm a shill. Yet. I hear the argument.. I just don't agree. Not saying I'm right... But I have to believe the 9/11 to believe sandy hook? That's all

I am more of a skeptic when it comes to most conspiracies..but I do not see how those two events are connected..one conspiracy is about oil and fostering a pro war sentiment in the middle east and the other is a conspiracy to foster an anti gun agenda..

I don't see how believing in one would exclude you from disbelieving the other..

I wouldn't get caught up in arguments with people who would choose to discredit your opinions on a ....theory.

That's all this is ..opinions..

We all have them ..some of us are just more invested in our own personal brand of kool aid to admit it.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If you understand how to disagree with a theory, offer an alternative, or simply demand more investigation there should not be any accusations of shilling except by a shill themselves. Just like those who say "No SNITCHIN!" are the first to snitch, or those who accuse other of racism are more likely racist themselves, those who scream shill are very likely shilling.

I don't believe I have ever been called a shill. Anyone who formulates their opinions mostly on established facts, and demands for more research are able to maintain an impartial unbiased character.

If the disagreement merely amounts to "well because they said so! And I believe it, with no evidence whatsoever!" are actually themselves unwittingly shilling for an offending party.

The lack of desire to even contemplate that their is another narrative possible which could come to light with investigations and presented facts is a surrendering of the mind to someone else's agenda. Individual thought was surrendered, because the known lack of facts does not even factor into the opinion. It is merely the story they want to believe by the people they want to hear it from, and they will respond as if the conjecture and hearsay is gospel to be repeated as fact with everyone else who disagrees.

Respect yourself, and question everything, especially the official story! Then do your own research, and ask yourself "am I being reasonable in my assessment considering what is ACTUALLY KNOWN only, and not what others insist on telling me is the truth without corroborating data?"

If the first thing someone stated was repeating the unverified line of proven liars, then they have surrendered their minds to those liars, and may not even realize it.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

You can believe whatever you want about anything. I might believe reptilians flew the plane into the towers ( i just wouldnt post it for everyone to see).

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

You can believe whatever you want about anything. I might believe reptilians flew the plane into the towers ( i just wouldnt post it for everyone to see).
lol

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
If you understand how to disagree with a theory, offer an alternative, or simply demand more investigation there should not be any accusations of shilling except by a shill themselves. Just like those who say "No SNITCHIN!" are the first to snitch, or those who accuse other of racism are more likely racist themselves, those who scream shill are very likely shilling.

I don't believe I have ever been called a shill. Anyone who formulates their opinions mostly on established facts, and demands for more research are able to maintain an impartial unbiased character.

If the disagreement merely amounts to "well because they said so! And I believe it, with no evidence whatsoever!" are actually themselves unwittingly shilling for an offending party.

The lack of desire to even contemplate that their is another narrative possible which could come to light with investigations and presented facts is a surrendering of the mind to someone else's agenda. Individual thought was surrendered, because the known lack of facts does not even factor into the opinion. It is merely the story they want to believe by the people they want to hear it from, and they will respond as if the conjecture and hearsay is gospel to be repeated as fact with everyone else who disagrees.

Respect yourself, and question everything, especially the official story! Then do your own research, and ask yourself "am I being reasonable in my assessment considering what is ACTUALLY KNOWN only, and not what others insist on telling me is the truth without corroborating data?"

If the first thing someone stated was repeating the unverified line of proven liars, then they have surrendered their minds to those liars, and may not even realize it.
thanks for you feedback.. I appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

originally posted by: asinapi1

I am more of a skeptic when it comes to most conspiracies..but I do not see how those two events are connected..one conspiracy is about oil and fostering a pro war sentiment in the middle east and the other is a conspiracy to foster an anti gun agenda..

I don't see how believing in one would exclude you from disbelieving the other..

I wouldn't get caught up in arguments with people who would choose to discredit your opinions on a ....theory.

That's all this is ..opinions..

We all have them ..some of us are just more invested in our own personal brand of kool aid to admit it.

Respectfully,
~meathead
great insight.. Thank you.. Mr Head or can I call you meat.. Lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
What do I do?

I try to listen, trust me, it ain't always easy, to what people have to say, not just the ones I happen to agree with, but those with whom I disagree most strongly.

I've had my mind changed a few times over the years...

I have a brain, though some might challenge that, capable of thought. I assume, sometimes wrongly, that others can do the same... If they disagree with me, they must have a reason, so I want to hear it/read it. I've had more than one "Ah-hah" moment over the years here.

Listening, reading, thinking. Not always easy to do, especially when it's an issue with some emotional weight to it.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
What do I do?

I try to listen, trust me, it ain't always easy, to what people have to say, not just the ones I happen to agree with, but those with whom I disagree most strongly.

I've had my mind changed a few times over the years...

I have a brain, though some might challenge that, capable of thought. I assume, sometimes wrongly, that others can do the same... If they disagree with me, they must have a reason, so I want to hear it/read it. I've had more than one "Ah-hah" moment over the years here.

Listening, reading, thinking. Not always easy to do, especially when it's an issue with some emotional weight to it.
i get that.. Some claim to listen and but they don't hear #. Lol. Thanks for the response

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
We as a human race love to label people, places and things. Lefts and rights. Bad and good. It's all just labels. We live in a world where our perspective is all we have really. You can chose to view the world just like the rest of us. But where's the fun in that.

There's two sides to ever story. Why except the one they give us. Let's think outside the box and figure out the second side. Life's to short to do what everyone else does. Plus it's boring.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Was that a M*A*S*H reference ?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I think 1) blindly accept a conspiracy because you have to.. Hello Orion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join