It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't care what people think about me. I know what i experienced and it was real at least for me and ATS helped me to understand it a little bit more. There is no way of proving it so why bother pretending that my word is the true gospel like the people who decide to profit from their experiences instead of just sharing it for free. I'm not intereted in money or material possessions. I'm just here to listen and to share my stories with likeminded people. I have no ulterior motives besides to unburden myself. I envy people who are not "special". It's very exhausting and it ruins you but i'm still not ready to give up just yet. I'm curious where all this weird stuff is going to lead me though.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I don't care what people think about me. I know what i experienced and it was real at least for me and ATS helped me to understand it a little bit more. There is no way of proving it so why bother pretending that my word is the true gospel like the people who decide to profit from their experiences instead of just sharing it for free. I'm not intereted in money or material possessions. I'm just here to listen and to share my stories with likeminded people. I have no ulterior motives besides to unburden myself. I envy people who are not "special". It's very exhausting and it ruins you but i'm still not ready to give up just yet. I'm curious where all this weird stuff is going to lead me though.
good take

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The first thing I did when starting to "wake up" was become very depressed, then angry. My reality was turned upside down.. and my paradigm violently adjusted. Still after all these years, I find myself continually amazed by the complexity of things and the fact that it would be a much easier life to be blissfully asleep and unaware. I too can accept some "conspiracy" and completely reject others. I can also see the sense in treating some things sensitively and Im also of the mind that the average Joe is NOT entitled to know everything just because they want to know. Sometimes secrets are meant to be kept... some are meant to be discovered... I think each of us here has something they experienced that made them question the "story". Some of us are just a little different.. and find people who we can communicate with here.

Be warned though, you go looking for answers, sometimes youre just unlucky enough to find them.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have never seen a bigfoot, alien, or ufo.
I have seen ghosts and a possible black eyed kid.
I am here by accident.
I think most of you are crazy.

Crazy in a good way
For the most part.

edit on 2017-04-09T23:44:37-05:002201709America/Chicago4 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: asinapi1

Cross off possibilities that are impossible.

I plays devils advocate with any improbable viewpoints that are left, eliminating them as I find their weakness

Whatever I am left with in the end become working theories that get updated as facts change.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
1 Thess. 5:6

6 So, then, let us not sleep on as the rest do, but let us stay awake and keep our senses.

1 Peter 5:8

8 Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

He is a liar! (part 1 of 2)

1 Thess. 5:20,21

20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21 Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.
edit on 14-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My answer to your question is its not always black and white.

"Conspiracy Theory" was a term made up by the CIA to cover up their involvement with the murder of JFK. That conspiracy was rather obvious to my parents from day one, so I already accepted it right from the start.

The largest and greatest conspiracy is of course the UFO cover up. It not only covers up alien visitation, but religion, civilization and the creation of mankind itself. I had seen their craft before I even knew that there was a cover up in place, so I had already accepted that one too.

So the next conspiracy to come along was the we did not land on the moon one, which of course flies directly in the face of the UFO one where Armstrong said there were craft right there up with them.

JFK and UFO's are not Conspiracy Theory they are Conspiracy Fact.

And the other conspiracy is 911. I did not even get out of bed for this one. I said "A plane cannot bring down a skyscraper." Then a few minutes later the second tower fell. I said "Are you sure" and they answered "Yeah, I am watching it on TV right now!"

So far I have stayed away from 911. I don't want to know because the conspiracy could be true.

Same with Sandy Hook. I was here on ATS when that one happened. It looked odd right from the start, but I never got into the details, because of the little kids I did not want to know.

Obama wiretapping? True too, he has always been a lying lawbreaker.

Russia loves Trump? False, no evidence at all, completely made up by the Dems.

Pizza Gate? I see no reason yet of why it is false. That Comet Pizza guy is definitely a pedo.

I guess the easy answer is I look at each one individually.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
thanks for the feedback

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
1 Thess. 5:6

6 So, then, let us not sleep on as the rest do, but let us stay awake and keep our senses.

1 Peter 5:8

8 Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.

He is a liar! (part 1 of 2)

1 Thess. 5:20,21

20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21 Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.
say what?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The first conspiracy theory I encountered was the JFK assassination. Until my freshman year in college (1985) I had never heard that there were people who didn't agree with the official narrative. I went to a 3 hour presentation and was flabbergasted. It changed my entire world view.

What I always need to remember is that conspiracy theories are just that, theories. When encountering a new one, no matter how unlikely I think it to be, I try to keep an open mind. If I find the theory interesting, I will attempt to research it a bit and see if it is worthy of a full-on commitment. When the evidence leads me to give great weight to the theory, I do a quick evaluation: Is there enough evidence to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt? If the answer is yes, I'm on board. If the answer is no, I continue to investigate with an open mind. If the answer is not even close, I let it go.

Believing in a particular theory, for me, just usually means that I don't buy the official narrative. To conclude what the real story is takes a lot more evidence in my book. For instance, I fully disbelieve the official narrative for 9/11. However, I've seen no evidence that would allow me to conclude who was to blame.

I don't buy the Sandyhook theory. I'm still on the fence with pedogate, though there's a lot of smoke there. Super soldiers, reptilian overlords, and many more have no evidence to support them at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

The first conspiracy theory I encountered was the JFK assassination. Until my freshman year in college (1985) I had never heard that there were people who didn't agree with the official narrative. I went to a 3 hour presentation and was flabbergasted. It changed my entire world view.

What I always need to remember is that conspiracy theories are just that, theories. When encountering a new one, no matter how unlikely I think it to be, I try to keep an open mind. If I find the theory interesting, I will attempt to research it a bit and see if it is worthy of a full-on commitment. When the evidence leads me to give great weight to the theory, I do a quick evaluation: Is there enough evidence to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt? If the answer is yes, I'm on board. If the answer is no, I continue to investigate with an open mind. If the answer is not even close, I let it go.

Believing in a particular theory, for me, just usually means that I don't buy the official narrative. To conclude what the real story is takes a lot more evidence in my book. For instance, I fully disbelieve the official narrative for 9/11. However, I've seen no evidence that would allow me to conclude who was to blame.

I don't buy the Sandyhook theory. I'm still on the fence with pedogate, though there's a lot of smoke there. Super soldiers, reptilian overlords, and many more have no evidence to support them at all.
generally that's how I look at it. I view it on my own. Then I start to research all angles. Eliminate some, research further others. I never worry about the reasons why or end game until I have a bunch of info. I focus on evidence and that's it. Reasons why or explanations are debatable, but facts can't be disputed. What I see and what I believe is enough for me

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

i refuse to tell you why i am here till i get my shillbucks

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I absorb as much information from as many sources as I can. I investigate and do my research on subjects that interest me. I connect dots and persistently deny confirmation bias.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

I absorb as much information from as many sources as I can. I investigate and do my research on subjects that interest me. I connect dots and persistently deny confirmation bias.
Yup

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Interesting...

I know there are things that government will not tell us until we are at the point that we would find out ourselves. Then they cant wait to "do the right thing". When I find something that fits the basic description of a conspiracy I start digging. Places like this are as good as any. The only problem is that you can hear something enough times to think it must be true, or at least possible. That isn't always the case. And people will repeat those things believing they are true or correct. I know I have. So you take any information you get second hand with a grain of salt and try to put together a working theory.

As for disagreeing with people, I tend to hang on to a position and try several different ways of making it stick. That is not to convince anyone else, it is for me. If I can throw everything I have at an argument and someone can still disprove it with more than just wishful thinking, I have my answer. Or at least incentive to look further. Some people think I am being ignorant or stubborn. Whatever. I made a good living seeing things differently than other people. The old saying about thinking outside the box..I don't see the value of the box. I don't even see the box. Unless it is filled with doughnuts. Then I see the value of the box. Donuts, or Schrodinger's cat. Schrodinger's donuts. They are both eaten and uneaten until I open the box and eat them myself. Dunking them in a nice Brazilian Brownian motion vessel (the donuts, not the cat) is a great way to start the day. So hanging on to a position until I have exhausted all of its potential is a normal process for me. I see that it aggravates some people here. I find that amusing. Not that I do it for that purpose. But I still find it amusing.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Interesting...

I know there are things that government will not tell us until we are at the point that we would find out ourselves. Then they cant wait to "do the right thing". When I find something that fits the basic description of a conspiracy I start digging. Places like this are as good as any. The only problem is that you can hear something enough times to think it must be true, or at least possible. That isn't always the case. And people will repeat those things believing they are true or correct. I know I have. So you take any information you get second hand with a grain of salt and try to put together a working theory.

As for disagreeing with people, I tend to hang on to a position and try several different ways of making it stick. That is not to convince anyone else, it is for me. If I can throw everything I have at an argument and someone can still disprove it with more than just wishful thinking, I have my answer. Or at least incentive to look further. Some people think I am being ignorant or stubborn. Whatever. I made a good living seeing things differently than other people. The old saying about thinking outside the box..I don't see the value of the box. I don't even see the box. Unless it is filled with doughnuts. Then I see the value of the box. Donuts, or Schrodinger's cat. Schrodinger's donuts. They are both eaten and uneaten until I open the box and eat them myself. Dunking them in a nice Brazilian Brownian motion vessel (the donuts, not the cat) is a great way to start the day. So hanging on to a position until I have exhausted all of its potential is a normal process for me. I see that it aggravates some people here. I find that amusing. Not that I do it for that purpose. But I still find it amusing.
yup

top topics

<< 1   >>

join