It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who do you support, ISIS, so called moderate rebels like Al Nusra (Al Qaeda), or Assad?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
People who do you support, ISIS, so called moderate rebels like Al Nusra, or Assad?

For those who don't know who Al Nusra is, it's an Al Qaeda offshoot which is the same organization that launched attacks against the US.

Al Nusra

Al-Nusra Front or Jabhat al-Nusra (Arabic: جبهة النصرة الله-ليثيوم أهل الشام من مجاهدي الشام في الساحات الجهاد‎‎, transliteration: Jabhat an-Nuṣrah li-ahli ash-Shām min Mujahideen ash-Shām fi Sahat al-Jihad, "The Victory Front for the People of the Levant by the Mujahideen of the Levant on the Fields of Jihad",[35] often abbreviated to JN), known as the Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (Arabic: جبهة فتح الشام‎‎, transliteration: Jabhat Fataḥ al-Šām) after July 2016, and also called al-Qaeda in Syria or al-Qaeda in the Levant,[36][37] is a Sunni Islamist terrorist organization fighting against Syrian Government forces in the Syrian Civil War, with the aim of establishing an Islamist state in the country.[38] The group announced its formation on 23 January 2012.[39]

en.wikipedia.org...

Lately I have been seeing that some people are calling for Assad to be bombed.

Here's the problem, if Assad is taken out of power then your left with Jihadists. There are no moderate rebels left in Syria.

Even the US admitted there are no moderate rebels:

The Russian air force in Syria has flown straight into the West’s fantasy air space. The Russians, we are now informed, are bombing the “moderates” in Syria – “moderates” whom even the Americans admitted two months ago,no longer existed

It’s rather like the Isis fighters who left Europe to fight for the “Caliphate”.Remember them? Scarcely two months ago, our political leaders – and leader writers – were warning us all of the enormous danger posed by “home-grown” Islamists who were leaving Britain and other European countries and America to fight for the monsters of Isis. Then the hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees began trekking up the Balkans towards Europe after risking death in the Mediterranean – and we were all told by the same political leaders to be fearful that Isis killers were among them.

www.independent.co.uk...

In fact I'm pretty sure many Jihadis are probably cheering for the US to take out Assad because then they can seize power.

If the Jihadists won then there will be dire consequences including more refugees coming to the West and even the Far East (Japan took some refugees and they have been having problems too)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Screw all the politics.
Me and mine guard our space.
You kill me, I'll kill you back.
It's better for all if we just get along in peace.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I support assad and the sovereign nation of syria.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

I support assad and the sovereign nation of syria.
I don't even know the guy.
I really give a rat's ass what he does.
Keep it on your side of the fence.

link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
I am against any of the terrorist factions gaining power. Assad is probably so fed up he will just step down after he gets the country together and they will have carefully moderated elections.

Finish up liberating and creating Rojava, and then git out! The Kurds, Assyrians, Turkmen and Arabs will do their own thing.

link   

Here's the problem though, US forces are about to be dragged into the war and they are gonna have to pick a side Jihadists which are the same group of people that killed their countrymen or Assad.

In fact I'm pretty sure many US Christian soldiers will defect en masse if they are ordered to support Jihadists while at the same time shoot Assad's Syrian Christian soldiers and populace.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

you are right. jihadists cheering

www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I support The IRPGF

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

None!

There are no good guys in Syria.

We should just stay away, have them kill each other, then show up and kick the sh#t out of the winner.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
I support The IRPGF
Is that some new gender orientation group? I need to keep up with these new acronyms so as to avoid offending someone.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Putin seems to have a better handle on the situation than most...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I can't really support either. Assad is obviously a tyrannical creep. However, if he falls, then Syria is going to become another Libya, Iraq, Somalia. It will be a failed state that will be a drag on civilized societies throughout the region. This war isn't really about a tyrant, however. It's about who's pipeline project your support.

Pipelines
edit on 8-4-2017 by TobyFlenderson because: correcting link

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Whoever the US Israel and Saudi Arabia isnt financing or training

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It is indeed a complicated situation.

Aren't there actually about a thousand different groups of rebels, all with varying goals?

Assad has lost control of the situation. How does he deal with his own people?
Chemical Weapons
Siege Tactics and Starvation
Mass Executions and Torture
Targeting of Hospitals
Scud Missiles

Assad’s History of Chemical Attacks, and Other Atrocities

I live in an area with a large Syrian population. When they started bringing in more "refugees" from Syria, there were reports that the locals, who had fled Syria due to Assad's terror, were again terrified because they feared some of the newcomers would be Assad sympathizer/spies, and they would be in danger.

The reason you mention is a valid concern. If Assad is overthrown, there is a chance that Islamic extremists could take his place.

What should be done? Let Assad continue his reign of terror? That's not a good option either.

edit on 4/8/17 by BlueAjah because: spelling

link   
I support the President of the USA and the American troops.

link   
a reply to: glend

The neo cons want assads ouster, install a puppet who will be aligned with israel, Jordan and saudi and a new oil pipeline is up for grabs.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
None of the above.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Plus the installation of the world bank aka rothschilds bank

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why do I have to support either party??
If both parties disappeared tomorrow,the world would have less violence than it had yesterday.

Here.
1 group is wearing green while shooting people.
The other group is wearing green and shooting people.

When you strip it right down to us being dumb apes....thats really what it is.
2 groups wearing green,while shooting each other like dumb monkeys,while pretending each is better than the other.

The politics are the excuses and the excuses are always political.

Thats my toned down version.

I can't choose a side,I still have to look at myself in the mirror tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I genuinely don't understand the US admin's stance.

Why this stubborn drive to oust Assad?

Okay, he's not the Dalai Lama. But surely he's better than the alternative?

Trump's sudden volte-face suggests he's under pressure from nameless powerful sources within government.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join