It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a nuclear exchange with Russia necessary mean armageddon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If Russia or USA were to strike first with nuclear weapons. A retaliation would be evident but would it necessary mean total obliteration of both nations?

Perhaps after a major Russian and American city was destroyed. Peace talk would start right away.

Also been reading about an entire nuclear arsenal being aimed at Russia to automatically fire different cities in case of an attack on US soil. Is this true or every missile launched need an authorization?
edit on 102017Fridayam430Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:34:14 -0500America/Chicagov34 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 102017Fridayam430Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:35:42 -0500America/Chicagov35 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Yes....

We both have 10's of thousands and for redundancy will launch twice what is needed..

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I can't answer your question I'm afraid, i just hope we never have to find out.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
what we should do. is round up the top 100 people who run the world, the true internationalists, and let them knife fight each other till one person is standing. then there would be no war for a few months, then do it again, and again till they all kill each other.

if these bastards want war, let them kill each other off.

there is only about 100 people or less truly deciding these events. its a shame we cannot just take away their power so no regular people will by hypnotized into killing.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Would a nuclear exchange with Russia necessary mean armageddon

Yes, the ensuing fallout would last ages...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Excellent, I like your style.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

This leads me to believe that surely they wish to live too and a nuclear war would destroy what they feed off. Money and people's hard work

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I don't think there has ever been a "nuclear exchange" of strikes between two (or more) Earth nations, has there?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No only america on japan.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I dig it
chance would be a fine thing though.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

100s of nuclear bomb have exploaded already on earth. If it was only a few bombs i dont see the fallout being such a huge problem.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I guess not if they just took pot shots. 1 city for 1 city. Now if they launch everything then yea.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: FauxMulder

100s of nuclear bomb have exploaded already on earth. If it was only a few bombs i dont see the fallout being such a huge problem.
except those have been in remote places. Major areas would be uninhabitable for a very long time.

And i don't think it would only be a few. I think if someone launched it would be all out.
edit on 7-4-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes, it's called Mutually Assured destruction

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

If Russia or USA were to strike first with nuclear weapons. A retaliation would be evident but would it necessary mean total obliteration of both nations?
You not serious are you ? I have heard of ignorance but this is just daft. In less than an hour after the 1st launch is detected both countries will be glow in the dark stone age.

link   

You not serious are you ? I have heard of ignorance but this is just daft. In less than an hour after the 1st launch is detected both countries will be glow in the dark stone age.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I don't think there has ever been a "nuclear exchange" of strikes between two (or more) Earth nations, has there?

No, the only country to use nukes in war is the United States at the end of World War II they dropped a nuke on each of two cities in Japan. At the time, the U.S. was the only one with nukes, although it was in competition with Germany.
edit on 07amFri, 07 Apr 2017 10:58:58 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Yes....

We both have 10's of thousands and for redundancy will launch twice what is needed..

Where are the Boomers, anyway?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
what we should do. is round up the top 100 people who run the world, the true internationalists, and let them knife fight each other till one person is standing. then there would be no war for a few months, then do it again, and again till they all kill each other.

if these bastards want war, let them kill each other off.

there is only about 100 people or less truly deciding these events. its a shame we cannot just take away their power so no regular people will by hypnotized into killing.

Nice sentiment, except all the armies protect them, and they wage war because they don't have to fight.

But hang on, Ill just crank up my mechanized armor divisions and hidden base airforces and march on Washington...
edit on 7-4-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Only one is needed anymore...

Russia has revealed its biggest ever nuclear missile which is powerful enough to destroy a country as big as France with a single strike

Source
While America was simply reducing it's nuclear capabilities the Russians were doing the same but updating their systems. Something we should have done as well. Now we are rather out gunned...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join