It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change would swamp Trump’s border wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Me thinks the existing wall and future wall belongs to the USA not an individual, you should rephrase your falsehoods...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

Me thinks the existing wall and future wall belongs to the USA not an individual, you should rephrase your falsehoods...

Yet you have no problem calling the ACA "Obamacare."

Neat.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I almost clicked the link...almost. Then I noticed that it was ThinkProgress.com, so I didn't want to get BS all over my monitor.

Anyone else remember back in the day when the AGW/globalwarming/climatechange folks preached that hotter temps would lead to drier conditions and droughts all over the world? And before that, that we were on the verge of entering an ice age?

This alarmist crap has got to take a rest at some point...

Also, speaking from a logical point of view, here, if extreme events are now much more common (which is HIGHLY debatable), aren't they just events now? There's nothing extreme when they become the norm.

If this stupid wall gets built, there are pretty easy ways where a barrier that can stop humans would still allow water to flow through it.

What a garbage article.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
So how can I take an article seriously when the last sentence says "Ignoring that restriction would require Trump to blow up nearly 170 years of treaties with Mexico." even though the article references a 1970 treaty. What is the 170 year old treaty that's about be blown up?

This isn't factual news, it's an opinion piece by the founding editor of Climate Progress. That's hardly scientific.

I think the point of that is to say that we have treaties dating back 170 years and disregarding one will jeopardize all of them.

So what? mexicos army is a joke.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

FALSE
Climate change isn't causing the Rio Grande to flood more, situational flood control devices combined with development in the contributing runoff areas that have reduced the infiltration rates around the river are causing the river to flood more. Easily resolved with rudimentary civil engineering that includes restoration of upstream wetlands to increase infiltration capacity, better management of reservoirs and holding dikes along the river, and elimination of flood and backwash irrigation in the Rio Grande Valley. They can also increase the aquafer recharge program El Paso has been using for 20+ years, in which excess water is pumped back into the upper aquafer to replace the water pumped out by all of the wells in the area.

When the Spanish first named the Rio Grande, they named it such because it was over a mile wide in many areas. Over many decades of development, man has artificially constrained the river (or what's left of it when it isn't raining) and developed in the river's natural braid plain. Back when the river's only human inhabitants were the indians, the river was a hell of a lot more meandering and vast during the rainy season than it is today. Climate change has nothing to do with it, but piss poor planning and a poor understanding of overland hydraulics 50+ years ago has everything to do with it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No longer called "Obamacare" it's called "The sinking ship" that's why all ACA providers are jumping ship...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: seeker1963

Same question. So those floods in the Rio aren't happening? How about trying a bit harder before you declare something fake?

Floods have happened thru out time!

Yes, but the point is that the Rio is flooding worse than before. This is being said is due to climate change, but if you don't want to believe in CC then you still have to account for the fact that these floods are getting worse.

It's a damn shame when people link mother nature to politics!

Climate change isn't politics. It is science.

Yah, it should be.

But then someone like you makes a thread like this in the US Pol Madness forum and MAKE it into politics.

Yah.......it's not political at all.

:rolling eyes emote:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just add some crocodiles to the river as a bonus before getting to the wall.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Well the wall is politics. I wasn't really sure where to put this thread actually. I wanted to put it in fragile earth forum, but Trump's wall is a political topic. So I was split.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Care to back your claims up with any evidence or anything? What makes you so sure that Climate Change is having no effect on the Rio? Couldn't your stuff be true AND my stuff be true at the same time?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

CO2 does not increase temperature. CO2 increased from 280 ppm to 407 ppm with no effect. CO2 isn't some wonder gas.

Tell that to the planet Venus.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Earth:

78% Nitrogen
21% Oxygen
1% other gases

Average pressure: 10.13 kilopascals

Venus:

96.5% Carbon Dioxide
3.5% Nitrogen
Trace: other gases

Average pressure: 9.3 MILLIONpascals

Cats and Dogs, Apples and Oranges, quit fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: allsee4eye

CO2 does not increase temperature. CO2 increased from 280 ppm to 407 ppm with no effect. CO2 isn't some wonder gas.

Tell that to the planet Venus.

High pressure atmosphere is going to be hotter no matter the composistion. whine all you want the MANMADE climate change laws are going to die soon. And if the oceans rise it was meant to be. so stop worrying and just live your life.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Care to back your claims up with any evidence or anything? What makes you so sure that Climate Change is having no effect on the Rio? Couldn't your stuff be true AND my stuff be true at the same time?

Proving a double positive?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If you think this discussion is going to go away just because Trump is in charge then I have a wall to sell you. There are QUITE a few countries that all agree that Climate Change is a problem. Hell China is practically giddy about our stance on Climate Change. That way they get to take the lead in CC policy and get to take the moral high road against us.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Proving a double positive?

That isn't a thing. Positives are cumulative.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

If you think this discussion is going to go away just because Trump is in charge then I have a wall to sell you. There are QUITE a few countries that all agree that Climate Change is a problem. Hell China is practically giddy about our stance on Climate Change. That way they get to take the lead in CC policy and get to take the moral high road against us.

Screw them in short. If they want the US to change Nuke us dead. remember just because you have "consensus" does not make you right. Isnt that what people who argue over the popular vote say too?

Climate has always changed. They went from 'Man made global warming" to Global climate change to sell the lie bettter because the man part was not working out as well.

Humans will adapt or die. SCrew living in misery. All i can say is those liers who say man is responsible can drop dead.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Screw them in short. If they want the US to change Nuke us dead. remember just because you have "consensus" does not make you right. Isnt that what people who argue over the popular vote say too?

Climate science has more than just consensus going for it. It also has reams of scientific data and analysis backing it up.

Climate has always changed. They went from 'Man made global warming" to Global climate change to sell the lie bettter because the man part was not working out as well.

No they didn't. You made this up.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

15 years of being a registered professional civil engineer and a certified drainage professional is my evidence. I've performed braid plain analysis, calculated flood plain impacts for FEMA, and calculated both the post development runoff increases and mitigation''s needed, so I kinda sorta know just a smidgen more about river morphology and flood characteristics than some jackass liberal climate blogger does.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Now I know that Trump doesn't want to believe in Climate Change

He will when he realizes that he can turn his wall into a real-life version of the video game 'Frogger'. Its anly a matter of time before that region turns into a swamp near the new coastline.

Simply dig a moat with a width as high as his wall.

Imagine a crocodile infested moat, floating logs and televise it as the illegal immigrants try to survive the crocodiles. If they do, then they have the highways to handle. If they get caught they lose a chance and go back to do it all again.

3 lives - 3 strikes.

Now there is a 'survivor' game show worth watching.
edit on 7-4-2017 by Tristran because: addon

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join