It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

WASHINGTON—Mike Flynn, President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, has told the Federal Bureau of Investigation and congressional officials investigating the Trump campaign’s potential ties to Russia that he is willing to be interviewed in exchange for a grant of immunity from prosecution, according to officials with knowledge of the matter. As an adviser to Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign, and later one of Mr. Trump’s top aides in the White House, Mr. Flynn was privy to some of the most sensitive foreign-policy deliberations of the new administration and was directly involved in discussions about the possible lifting of sanctions on Russia imposed by the Obama administration. He has made the offer to the FBI and the House and Senate intelligence committees though his lawyer but has so far found no takers, the officials said.

WSJ

Now, of course, we don't know what General Flynn knows ... but ... really, we must ask the question ... if he's done nothing "wrong" why would he want immunity to testify before Congress?

It's beginning to look like trouble on the horizon ...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No takers???

+53 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Where there is smoke, there is fire. Where there are conservatives posing as conspiracy theorists, there are threads asking to "end this russian blah blah blah".

This is one of the greatest conspiracies of our time and it is unfolding before our eyes. The United States got outplayed in a new form of information war fare by a derelict state run by criminal oligarchs and former KGB agents. This should be a wake up call.

Listen closely. No one asks for immunity exchanges if there is no crime. It does not happen.

That dossier, it's real.
www.documentcloud.org...

19.5% of Rosneft = How much it costs to sell out your country.

No flags but gold, I guess.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

WASHINGTON—Mike Flynn, President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, has told the Federal Bureau of Investigation and congressional officials investigating the Trump campaign’s potential ties to Russia that he is willing to be interviewed in exchange for a grant of immunity from prosecution, according to officials with knowledge of the matter. As an adviser to Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign, and later one of Mr. Trump’s top aides in the White House, Mr. Flynn was privy to some of the most sensitive foreign-policy deliberations of the new administration and was directly involved in discussions about the possible lifting of sanctions on Russia imposed by the Obama administration. He has made the offer to the FBI and the House and Senate intelligence committees though his lawyer but has so far found no takers, the officials said.

WSJ

Now, of course, we don't know what General Flynn knows ... but ... really, we must ask the question ... if he's done nothing "wrong" why would he want immunity to testify before Congress?

It's beginning to look like trouble on the horizon ...

This most likely does not bode well for the current administration. I am not sure I wouldn't be requesting witness protection.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

It implies they don't even need his testimony. Which is an indication that the evidence and connections are abundant, clear, and nearly indisputable.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Either that or nothing at all

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
"according to officials with knowledge of the matter"

mmmmk

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
Where there is smoke, there is fire. Where there are conservatives posing as conspiracy theorists, there are threads asking to "end this russian blah blah blah".

This is one of the greatest conspiracies of our time and it is unfolding before our eyes. The United States got outplayed in a new form of information war fare by a derelict state run by criminal oligarchs and former KGB agents. This should be a wake up call.

Listen closely. No one asks for immunity exchanges if there is no crime. It does not happen.

That dossier, it's real.
www.documentcloud.org...

19.5% of Rosneft = How much it costs to sell out your country.

No flags but gold, I guess.

I think you have a valid point.

We may be witnessing the next "Watergate" and people are too busy playing politics to take the time to watch it unfold before their eyes.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think they've found the weakest link.

If his offer is taken up by law enforcement (I don't think Congress can offer immunity, can it?) that's going to be bad for the Trump Administration.

If his offer ISN'T taken up ... I think it's going to be even WORSE.

We'll see.

Either way, this is not good for the USA. I am saddened by the whole mess, whatever the truth.

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
... and I have to say ... no wonder they've been desperately trying to muddy the water with accusations against the Obama Administration ... they had to know this was coming.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I think they've found the weakest link.

If his offer is taken up by law enforcement (I don't think Congress can offer immunity, can it?) that's going to be bad for the Trump Administration.

If his offer ISN'T taken up ... I think it's going to be even WORSE.

We'll see.

Either way, this is not good for the USA. I am saddened by the whole mess, whatever the truth.

Not 100% sure, but I do believe that congress can offer immunity.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Looks like Trump's loyalty lessons may not have ended with his failed healthcare bill.

Can't imagine why anyone would ask for immunity if none were needed.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
"according to officials with knowledge of the matter"

mmmmk

yet you are willing to buy that Obama tapped Trump with nothing more than Trump's words.

mmmmmmmmk
edit on 3/30/2017 by BubbaJoe because: can't spell

+38 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am a Texan.

Hillary was a terrible candidate.

I voted for Donald trump.

My reason for doing so hinged not upon anything Russian.

The sole reason I voted for him was he did not illegally have a server in his basement while serving as Secetary of State.

Furthermore my father, a lifelong yellow dog Democrat, did not vote for Hillary because she was/is a terrible person.

Russia had nothing to do with his assessment. He used his eyes.

Democrats were roundly defeated from coast to coast in both congressional and senatorial races because their liberal utopic vision of governance boils down to nothing more than progressive newspeak long since void of any tangible, real ideas.

[snipped]

Sorry y'all lost in the election...obama will be remembered as a parentheses in the history books..

-Chris
edit on Thu Mar 30 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: foreign phrase removed

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I just heard about this information, but the question is in behave of whom he was to testified.

Now the intelligence committee do not want to take his offer, interesting, now why?

Because the information he have is information that is already known?

Or because what he have can actually open a can of worn on the former administration.

I will love to hear what he have.

edit on 30-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
link   
But...

according to officials with knowledge of the matter

not this again !!!

+6 more 
link   
The dominoes are starting to fall ...Couple this with all of the dead Russians diplomats and politicians since the election

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I just heard about this information, but the question is in behave of whom he was to testified.

Now the intelligence committee to do not want to take his offer, interesting, now why?

Because the information he have is information that is already known?

Or because what he have can actually open a can of worn on the former administration.

I will love to hear what he have.

Probably because the FBI already has enough evidence.

link   

link   
Flynn's a Democrat. Of course finding 'takers' will be difficult.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join