It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant man-eating snakes do exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This video is graphic. Again, very disturbing video. Gruesome You can skip the 1st 2 mins if you'd like.

This poor 25-year old palm oil plantation worker was found inside the snake on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi.
After finding him inside this monster reticulated python, his co-workers are staying away from work.

I had heard tales of children being eaten, but I didn't realize a full grown adult male was possible.

NatGeo
edit on 3/29/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/29/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ah, the magical circle of life! The benevolent and loving universe watches over all of us ... unless you run into something that's hungry and larger than you are, that is.

Some of these constrictors reach 30+ feet , so yeah, people are chow, too. Reminds me of that photo from the 1950's taken by a bush pilot in Africa of a monster snake (conservatively) estimated to be over 50 ' long... reportedly it lunged at the plane.

Anyway, yup... monsters exist and thanks for the lovely corpse from the gutted snake video.. .I needed impetus to stick to a diet.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

It seems if the snake can get big enough it can eat anything.I have heard
of pythons eating alligators in florida.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yep,snakes get big over there.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Ah, the magical circle of life! The benevolent and loving universe watches over all of us ... unless you run into something that's hungry and larger than you are, that is.

Some of these constrictors reach 30+ feet , so yeah, people are chow, too. Reminds me of that photo from the 1950's taken by a bush pilot in Africa of a monster snake (conservatively) estimated to be over 50 ' long... reportedly it lunged at the plane.

Anyway, yup... monsters exist and thanks for the lovely corpse from the gutted snake video.. .I needed impetus to stick to a diet.

Cool story, just found it

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

woa

i need to find out more about this big bastard

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

That's the one. If memory serves, he thought the brush were mesquite -like trees that were around 8-10 feet diameter, making the snake closer to 75 feet long... either way, way BIG.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I hate snakes.

This thread has given me no reason not to continue in hating snakes.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ive seen that pic before, but Im not sure its as seems. Some estimates say it was 195 ft long. Goolge some of the stories and you will find some that claim its head rose almost 200 feet out of the trees. I think its a pic of a big snake, but not as big as claimed, that got exaggerated.
edit on 29-3-2017 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

i hear that if the snake is exactly 3.14 feet long it's called a.............. Pi - thon.

:-)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

195' ??? !!! Wow... but that really sounds ... er, exaggerated.

I guess either my mind edited down to a more believable size, or the account I read was from an earlier version of the account (likely from Ivan Sanderson) .

Unusual events tend to grow as time goes on... just like a snake!

edit to add: although IF those bushes are really scrub trees, then they might be 15 or 20 feet wide, making the snake a couple hundred feet long... which makes me fervently hope never to run into something like that... ever. Jeepers.

edit on 3/29/2017 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ummm...I didn't see any giant men...eating snakes...

What a click bait thread title...

Sheesh...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes they do. Scary Video.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

They call them 'nope ropes' for a reason!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yep there are snakes big enough to eat things bigger thn full grown men. Anacondas have been seen eating caimen and small horses.

Heres my list of snakes than can eat you.

Green anaconda (but not yellow anacondas which only get to ten foot)

African rock python (couple cases of people being eaten by them.)

Reticulated python. Longest snake in the world. Mean too. They are the ones most commonly found to have eaten people.
edit on 29-3-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

That video wasn't "graphic" at all. Well.. maybe to kids under age 8 it is. How does a giant snake kill you? With fangs and venom?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When a bigass snake is being cut open and you see your missing co-workers shoes, it's time to find a new job.

edit on 2017-03-29T20:04:50-05:002201729America/Chicago3 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Different forum so you're good to go. *winks*

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ah shoot, I did not see that. Sorry for the duplicate thread.

@carewemust
This reticulated python squeeze you so tight, the heart isn't physically able to pump your blood. The article says death can come in seconds; faster than suffocation.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ah shoot, I did not see that. Sorry for the duplicate thread.

@carewemust
This reticulated python squeeze you so tight, the heart isn't physically able to pump your blood. The article says death can come in seconds; faster than suffocation.

At first, it has to get a lock on you to coil.

It takes a huge bite and holds on.

Kills ya and then swallows you head first.

I think I'd stop my own heart if that snake got a hold of me.

edit on 3 29 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join