It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In historic break, Britain gives formal notice it is leaving the European Union

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The more I see of people on the news talking rubbish about the UK and Brexit, the angrier I get.

We bled for them, from Napoleon to bloody Hitler and they try and paint us as the bad guys? Really?

If this place would allow me, I'd say eff them all.

We are supposed to be friends, yet all our best friends at an ocean away, while the people our ancestors fought and died for are now painting us as a bunch of gyppos that that no one wants in the pub any more..

edit on 28pWed, 29 Mar 2017 14:28:28 -050020172017-03-29T14:28:28-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: capitalisation

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Lol good rant

...Our best friends are an ocean or an ocean or two away.
I became excited today, not afraid.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: SprocketUK

Lol good rant

...Our best friends are an ocean or an ocean or two away.
I became excited today, not afraid.

Amen brother

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I can't my head around people spouting doom and gloom all the time. I'm an optimist and a self employed one at that, so my take is that I have to work damn hard to make sure I'm successful personally and take my country forward in the process of doing that, to give something to the world as a whole.
All I heard before the vote was that leaving would lead to isolation. I can never associate looking to the wider world as isolation. It beggars belief. Looking to your neighbour is literally short sightedness - you just happen to be residing next to them.

Business and relationships don't have borders, they can happen anywhere and everywhere with the right attitude.
edit on 29/3/2017 by firesnake because: Words

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Congrats from me!

I'd have to say ignore those who decry the UK leaving the EU. Most of those that fear monger that are Globalists. UK leaving the EU is not part of the Globalist agenda.

So congrats on having the balls to maintain your sovereignty and lead yourselves.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
To Scots I say I'm happy for you choosing independence if you wish it, just # the EU rule off, think out of the box.
The United Kingdom Free Trade Area of Sovereign nations.
All cards are on the table.
Same with Northern Ireland, make your own choice...EU free trade/movement of people/Services, or UK.
I support democracy, I support your choice.
edit on 29.3.2017 by grainofsand because: added sovereign nations

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Krazysh0t:

I have no conviction about this, and thinking I do is dishonest. At no point have I expressed that I am absolutely sure this will fail. I just don't like the road Britain is looking down and am glad I'm not on it.

Another pillock who knows nothing about what he speaks. States a thing by implication and innuendo, and then decries he ever said anything. There is nothing for you to like or dislike about the road we Brits have chosen for ourselves, and we are all glad that you are not included. You'd sour the success we have and will achieve. Stop talking as if you know anything about it, your opinion (and that is all it is) is wrong.

Britain pays more to the EU than we get back in subsidies. That is no longer applicable. We don't owe the EU anything, and are not obligated to pay anything, the EU owes Britain. The EU as an ideology has failed, and is being rejected by peoples in one European country after another. There is not a single European country where the want to leave the EU ideology is not on the rise. Other countries will follow Britain, and the EU will have to reform to a much better ideology or crash and burn.

Self-sovereignty, self-control, masters of our own destiny, trading with whomever we want to trade with (except EU states who first have to get permission from EU leaders before they can trade with Britain), An immigration control that we ourselves will set, and have it based on quality, not quantity.

The road we are on is being paved by our own intentions and our own ideas. Britain and Britons were never Europeans, but we were partners in an idea called the 'common market', not the 'common corporate tyranny'. We don't care if the road is bumpy, we don't care if it gets hard, it will be a price worth paying, yet Britain is open for trade, and we are securing that trade with each passing week.

All the fear-mongering is due to the fact that Britain has chosen its own future, and the EU knows it has lost not only a massive financial partner, but has had its voice on the world stage dimmed and lowered. The sooner the EU dies, the better it will be for each European country.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Krazysh0t:

I have no conviction about this, and thinking I do is dishonest. At no point have I expressed that I am absolutely sure this will fail. I just don't like the road Britain is looking down and am glad I'm not on it.

Another pillock who knows nothing about what he speaks. States a thing by implication and innuendo, and then decries he ever said anything. There is nothing for you to like or dislike about the road we Brits have chosen for ourselves, and we are all glad that you are not included. You'd sour the success we have and will achieve. Stop talking as if you know anything about it, your opinion (and that is all it is) is wrong.

Britain pays more to the EU than we get back in subsidies. That is no longer applicable. We don't owe the EU anything, and are not obligated to pay anything, the EU owes Britain. The EU as an ideology has failed, and is being rejected by peoples in one European country after another. There is not a single European country where the want to leave the EU ideology is not on the rise. Other countries will follow Britain, and the EU will have to reform to a much better ideology or crash and burn.

Self-sovereignty, self-control, masters of our own destiny, trading with whomever we want to trade with (except EU states who first have to get permission from EU leaders before they can trade with Britain), An immigration control that we ourselves will set, and have it based on quality, not quantity.

The road we are on is being paved by our own intentions and our own ideas. Britain and Britons were never Europeans, but we were partners in an idea called the 'common market', not the 'common corporate tyranny'. We don't care if the road is bumpy, we don't care if it gets hard, it will be a price worth paying, yet Britain is open for trade, and we are securing that trade with each passing week.

All the fear-mongering is due to the fact that Britain has chosen its own future, and the EU knows it has lost not only a massive financial partner, but has had its voice on the world stage dimmed and lowered. The sooner the EU dies, the better it will be for each European country.

Bloody well said

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Krazysh0t:

This is spot on
well said.
edit on 30-3-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I am with you 1000% as an American in the truest sense, I believe the United Kingdom did the extraordinary in its return to sovereignty and I tip my hat to the British for having the wherewithal to make it happen. Great work, your destiny is yours!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
We joined in 1973 and then had a referendum in 1975 as to whether we stayed or left. We voted to stay. It was all about a Common Market. This developed into the EEC as we now know it, a vast project including the European Commission, European Parliament, Council and Court of Justice and the whole sprawling gravy train.

We never got to vote on this, the referendum was about the Common Market.

I am delighted that we are now getting divorced from this nightmare and that at long last we have had a chance to vote on the issue.

Lord and Lady Kinnock are estimated to have had their snouts in the EEC trough to the tune of around £10,000,000.00. A drop in the ocean.

Utterly scandalous.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

With the spirit of independence you guys have in the states I'm surprised any American would disagree with Britain's decision.
I may be wrong but I've always thought the OP is from the US, he/she seems to have bailed on their own thread though now.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: av8r007

With the spirit of independence you guys have in the states I'm surprised any American would disagree with Britain's decision.
I may be wrong but I've always thought the OP is from the US, he/she seems to have bailed on their own thread though now.

There are plenty of globalists in America, too. Brexit is a setback for the globalist agenda, so they're dutifully attacking it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Ah got ya, I forgot those who love NAFTA and all that sort of thing. They are the same types I reckon who called us racist for wanting sensible management of immigration.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We haven't left yet, still paying into the system, yet the British flag was taken down in Brussels today. Bitter much? I wouldn't be surprised to find it bundled into a black bag and thrown on the lawns of Brussels.

I was listening to some financial guy today on the radio and the talk of the £50 Billion divorce bill was mentioned. Apparently if the E.U want this, then the U.K can claim around £118 Billion in their share of E.U assets. Take the £50 Billion out of that and invest the rest in our NHS, deprived areas and industry.

I also had a interesting conversation with my ex boss, whom I bumped into lunch time. He voted remain and is still bleating about the result, stating that not all those who voted to leave were racist, but you can bet all the racists voted out. I retorted that everyone has a right to vote regardless of their beliefs, but if he preferred to live in a facist state, then maybe he should vote for BNP at the next election. You can imagine how he reacted.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
We haven't left yet, still paying into the system, yet the British flag was taken down in Brussels today. Bitter much? I wouldn't be surprised to find it bundled into a black bag and thrown on the lawns of Brussels.

I was listening to some financial guy today on the radio and the talk of the £50 Billion divorce bill was mentioned. Apparently if the E.U want this, then the U.K can claim around £118 Billion in their share of E.U assets. Take the £50 Billion out of that and invest the rest in our NHS, deprived areas and industry.

I also had a interesting conversation with my ex boss, whom I bumped into lunch time. He voted remain and is still bleating about the result, stating that not all those who voted to leave were racist, but you can bet all the racists voted out. I retorted that everyone has a right to vote regardless of their beliefs, but if he preferred to live in a facist state, then maybe he should vote for BNP at the next election. You can imagine how he reacted.

Have you got a source for any if this?

Can't find anything on flag removal and that figure for assets seems closer to the EU total than the UKs share.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I'm surprised they didn't smear the Union Jack with crap and put it back up. The Globalists aren't a very classy act. (At least, the American ones aren't.)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Can't find anything on flag removal and that figure for assets seems closer to the EU total than the UKs share.

I was watching BBC news around at 5:00 and saw the flag being lowered and removed, unless it was their usual negative propaganda of course.

As for the assets, no, I don't have any source for that except for the guy who stated it on the radio today. You seriously think the E.U assets are only valued at £118 Billion? Are you kidding me?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I was watching BBC news around at 5:00 and saw the flag being lowered and removed, unless it was their usual negative propaganda of course.

As for the assets, no, I don't have any source for that except for the guy who stated it on the radio today. You seriously think the E.U assets are only valued at £118 Billion? Are you kidding me?

I would suspect that was a bit of stock footage the BBC was using as symbolism for article 50 rather than a live event.

What assets do you think the EU owns that would give the UK a 100billion + share?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Lol, wouldn't surprise me!

To be fair though there are some pretty unsavoury types in both camps here, remain and leave voters.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join