It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article 50: May signs letter that will trigger Brexit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Damiel

it could be argued that given that May is an un-elected Prime mnister

Oh the irony.

And who exactly voted Jean-Claude Juncker for President Of The European Union ?

The MEP's. You know, the ones WE elected....It would be silly to open a vote to the 27 members states as each country would vote for one of their own MEP's... If that was the case you would have a German in charge from now until eternity.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Damiel

it could be argued that given that May is an un-elected Prime mnister

Oh the irony.

The MEP's. You know, the ones WE elected....It would be silly to open a vote to the 27 members states as each country would vote for one of their own MEP's... If that was the case you would have a German in charge from now until eternity.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

edit on 30/3/17 by Damiel because: That's how i feel

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

edit on 30/3/17 by Damiel because: That's how i feel

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Dear OP. Its over. Have you looked at the house of commons?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
The majority of those that voted, not the majority of the population - as with the US elections, a minority of people voted to change the future of a country : 17 million in the UK voted to leave (out of a population of 64 million), 63 million voted for Trump (out of a population of 326 million) ...let those figures sink in a wee bit ... which majority again ?

The majority who voted. The rest who simply couldn't be bothered will now

have to take what those who could be bothered voted for!

I know of a few 'remainers' who were either too busy or just simply couldn't

be bothered.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Due to the Eu­roscep­tic vote, the left failed to gather enough votes. Even if we add the so­cial­ists, en­vi­ron­men­tal­ists, rad­i­cal left and the centre together, no al­ter­na­tive ma­jor­ity emerges. Juncker is cho­sen by Par­lia­ment, in­clud­ing by his op­po­nents for the Pres­i­dency of the Com­mis­sion, as the victorious 'can­di­date' from the elec­tion re­sults, and thus, is de­mo­c­ra­tically elected.
But, as you prob­a­bly already know, the can­di­date for the Com­mis­sion is ap­pointed by the Coun­cil of Europe or the heads of state, 'based on the results of the Eu­ro­pean elec­tions.' In the­ory, things are pretty sim­ple.

Ini­tially, this is also what An­gela Merkel hoped for. As usual, the pow­er­ful Ger­man Chan­cel­lor has flipflopped and intends to chal­lenge the re­sults of the Eu­ro­pean elec­tions (even though her own party cam­paigned for Juncker when he was nominated for the elec­tions.

www.cafebabel.co.uk...

If I remember rightly didn't Tony Blair think he was up for the post? cosying

up to ALL the EU leaders.... till it was given to Juncker!! Lol!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join