It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article 50: May signs letter that will trigger Brexit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Damiel

it could be argued that given that May is an un-elected Prime mnister

Oh the irony.

And who exactly voted Jean-Claude Juncker for President Of The European Union ?

The MEP's. You know, the ones WE elected....It would be silly to open a vote to the 27 members states as each country would vote for one of their own MEP's... If that was the case you would have a German in charge from now until eternity.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Damiel

it could be argued that given that May is an un-elected Prime mnister

Oh the irony.

The MEP's. You know, the ones WE elected....It would be silly to open a vote to the 27 members states as each country would vote for one of their own MEP's... If that was the case you would have a German in charge from now until eternity.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

edit on 30/3/17 by Damiel because: That's how i feel

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

edit on 30/3/17 by Damiel because: That's how i feel

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Dear OP. Its over. Have you looked at the house of commons?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
The majority of those that voted, not the majority of the population - as with the US elections, a minority of people voted to change the future of a country : 17 million in the UK voted to leave (out of a population of 64 million), 63 million voted for Trump (out of a population of 326 million) ...let those figures sink in a wee bit ... which majority again ?

The majority who voted. The rest who simply couldn't be bothered will now

have to take what those who could be bothered voted for!

I know of a few 'remainers' who were either too busy or just simply couldn't

be bothered.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Due to the Eu­roscep­tic vote, the left failed to gather enough votes. Even if we add the so­cial­ists, en­vi­ron­men­tal­ists, rad­i­cal left and the centre together, no al­ter­na­tive ma­jor­ity emerges. Juncker is cho­sen by Par­lia­ment, in­clud­ing by his op­po­nents for the Pres­i­dency of the Com­mis­sion, as the victorious 'can­di­date' from the elec­tion re­sults, and thus, is de­mo­c­ra­tically elected.
But, as you prob­a­bly already know, the can­di­date for the Com­mis­sion is ap­pointed by the Coun­cil of Europe or the heads of state, 'based on the results of the Eu­ro­pean elec­tions.' In the­ory, things are pretty sim­ple.

Ini­tially, this is also what An­gela Merkel hoped for. As usual, the pow­er­ful Ger­man Chan­cel­lor has flipflopped and intends to chal­lenge the re­sults of the Eu­ro­pean elec­tions (even though her own party cam­paigned for Juncker when he was nominated for the elec­tions.

www.cafebabel.co.uk...

If I remember rightly didn't Tony Blair think he was up for the post? cosying

up to ALL the EU leaders.... till it was given to Juncker!! Lol!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Both the EU and the UK are still trying to avoid Brexit. May is still attempting to break or nullify the invocation of article 50 under whatever pretext.

UK is attempting to re-enter from the window with the help of Eurogarchs ...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Just your opinion or you got some links?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Fractured Europe is not in the interest of Europeans but is in the interest of Russia. I bet that this whole immigration crisis was engineered by Russia together with Turkey to make Europe weak, divided and on a brink of culture war. On the other hand I really don't understand islamoenthusiasm currently seen in Brussels and Berlin.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The EU was given a chance during the end of the 90s. Either become a powerful big country, with all needed attributes of sovereignty and independence from NATO and the US, or face ultimate destruction.
To do that the first step was to throw out the British from the EU. Euro#ers, didn't even manage to do that. It was the Brits that had to quit by themselves. Or at least are in a long process of limbo-quitting....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join