It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEPOSAURUS World’s largest dinosaur footprint discovered Down Under/and it’s as big as a man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The Gobi desert is not in Australia it is in China
Don't understand why they said Australia

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

please read the article - and understand it :

it clearly states that the latest find in australia is superior to and of greater scientific significance than an earlier discovery in the gobi desert

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Denoli
Its a ROCK a reply to: seasonal

no food shortage for the cavemen and cave erm women

Seems to me that a man would be like a cow eating a grasshopper. Cows do eat bugs you know. Even these vegetarian dinosaurs probably sucked up a few monkeys or humans in the trees.

Like a crunchy steak caesar salad!

That is a big foot, tho.

I always wondered how "loud" it was back then, with so many huge beasts running around.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That's one big print!! Sheesh, I could lie down inside that thing. Hard to imagine such a massive animal, but what a find!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I always wonder why these things grew to be so big. I presume there was sufficient food source, but why so huge? What was the advantage? The biggest mammal now is the whale (I think) - so evolution has scaled everything down now.
I wonder if ionizing radiation was much greater back then - perhaps a thinner ozone layer.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouseMaybe humans actually evolved from small raptor dinosaurs, we lost our tail though.

No. The broad stroked of our lineage is not a great mystery and it certainly doesn't involve dinosaurs.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

originally posted by: rickymouseMaybe humans actually evolved from small raptor dinosaurs, we lost our tail though.

No. The broad stroked of our lineage is not a great mystery and it certainly doesn't involve dinosaurs.
So where did monkeys, apes, and all Hominids evolve from? We are not like the other four legged animals.

What did all mammals evolve from? It seems like science draws a blank on that subject, mammals did not just appear after dinosaurs disappeared. We probably share over sixty percent of our DNA with a dinosaur. Would it be possible to share sixty percent of our DNA with a dinosaur if evolution was completely seperate?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: GetHyped

So where did monkeys, apes, and all Hominids evolve from? We are not like the other four legged animals.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

What did all mammals evolve from?

en.wikipedia.org...

It seems like science draws a blank on that subject, mammals did not just appear after dinosaurs disappeared.

www.newscientist.com...

We probably share over sixty percent of our DNA with a dinosaur. Would it be possible to share sixty percent of our DNA with a dinosaur if evolution was completely seperate?

www.timetree.org...

We share 50% of our DNA with bananas. Yes, if you go back far enough, you will find a common ancestor with each.
edit on 29-3-2017 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Faith has no evidence, just dogma, thus it could be considered to be "drawing a 100% blank" on the proof front.

Science however works on an iterative increase in knowledge, which can be verified. We will never know how much DNA we share with any species of dinosaur, as DNA does not survive that long. However we have very good models to show how long ago we diverged from them.

Thus your argument is empty and vacuous.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Lol imagine it's belch or flatulence!!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

because common ancestors are reptiles. One or two branches went evolving into dinosaurs, one of it into birds. Another branch evolved into mammals, another remained reptile. I over simplified but that's the basic.

Also, cross breeding might have been possible, say between dinosaurs and reptiles, even among first mammals, who knows.

edit on 20-7-2017 by Conan The Usurper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Had you bothered to watch the Flintstones you would know the answer to that.
People deprive themselves of vast amounts of knowledge by failing to watch cartoons.
Never understood that.

While some tracks look nothing like feet they are able to tell it was a track because of where it appears in relation to other tracks. Sauropods had one basic gait - a slow walk with the rear feet never overstepping the front.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
they were able to gte big because more co 2 and o2 pulse the atmosphere pressure was 45 # per square inch compared to the 14.5 we have now so more o2 per breath .
The next step was get so big the predator could no longer kill you .
T Rex could never have killed one alest it would have been hard very hard and he was one of the biggest there was .
as for Arizonan raptors + aka the real raptor that was six feet tall .
Hunting in packs stuck with smaller animals as well ( smaller being relative lol )
I watched a National geographic video of a lion trying to kill a baby elephant ( and i mean darn near new born )
even they are over 200 # . After attacking it 5 times in 30 mints it gave up and the baby was fine .The lions teeth just cant penetrate the thick skin .
these huge dinos would have had skin and fat so thick how the heck could any animal bite through it .
Heck no gun we have would even be enough to annoy it . It would take a rocket launcher to kill it and even then a lucky first kill shot .

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

A Stegasaurus is not a Sauropod so doubt it was a steggie - they were heavily armoured so not that big.

To somebody else - the blue whale is bigger than any dinosaur so far discovered.

Also the dino's were about for millions of years so as the ongoing fight between prey and predator developed those that chose to get big to be safe had millions of generations to do so. The largest sauropods were more or less immune from attack even from the biggest raptors - their babies were prey though till they got big enough.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join