It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female athletes crushed by 'women who were once men'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here in the US there is a growing trend to have trans males join regular women's teams. There has been controversy.

You’ve heard the expression, “Boys will be boys.” But what happens when a brawny boy wants to be one of the girls – fiercely competing with females in weightlifting, brutally tackling girls on the football field or even dealing powerful knockout punches to ladies in a mixed martial-arts cage?

It’s now happening across America and around the world
Read more at www.wnd.com...

With trans men joining women in the field of sports, an odd thing is happening. The trans men are dominating a bunch of sports. So the movement of equality is now turned into a paradox, the gender gap in sports cannot be erased, but we must be fair.

TextBiological males are joining women’s teams, smashing records and dominating in sports such as weightlifting, softball, cycling, track, wrestling, football, volleyball, dodgeball, handball, cricket, golf, basketball and mixed martial arts.

The movement for “equality” has apparently inspired transgender athletes to join teams of their preferred gender. And that often means biological males are competing against biological females on women’s teams. But in the world of sports, critics argue, equality between the sexes simply doesn’t exist. Physiologically speaking, there’s a gender gap between men and women that cannot be erased.

Men have longer and larger bones, giving men mechanical advantages over women. Muscles, being taller, larger frames, tougher ligaments all give men an advantage over women when it comes to sports. So is it fair with men who have larger lungs, hearts, greater strength and acceleration even fair to have them on the same field as women?

On average, men have longer and larger bones, which gives them mechanical advantages over women, since they have greater leverage, increased height and larger frames to support muscle. Their bones are also more dense, and they have tougher ligaments, making them less prone to sports injury.

Since these physical and physiological factors give most men a clear competitive edge in sports, is it fair or even safe for biological males – with larger muscle mass, hearts and lungs and greater strength, acceleration and speed – to compete against girls and women?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
racist.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Heres my thought . If they feel that strong about being a woman that they get their tackle cut of then let them go for it . If they havent , sorry but they dont get a start .

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

I'm not sure if that name would apply in this case. I would more think trans phobic would be more fitting of a knee jerk reactionary name call.

That's just my thoughts.
edit on 26-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm pretty good with equality ..not in sporting though..you play on the team with the same junk you were born with.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I think the point of the article was even if an outtie is turned into an innie, the bones and muscles remain the same.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wait a minute... you complain about this no matter what they do...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember when the girl wanted to wrestle boys but had to wrestle girls and you complained that she won...
I do.

Now you're complaining that they've let the transgender go against their own...

You just love bringing up transgender issues so you can complain.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I think the point of the article was even if an outtie is turned into an innie, the bones and muscles remain the same.

Erm, I'm a 5'8 male...

My bones are not that large in comparison to many women...

You bring no scientific fact to these discussions.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Who are you addressing?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Averages don't lie.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

but the lion's share — 95% of it — is made in our testicles

So most of the testosterone is made in your testicles , lets have a look at what happens if you remove your tackle .

Decreases in testosterone can lead to physical changes including the following: increased body fat decreased strength/mass of muscles fragile bones decreased body hair swelling/tenderness in the breast tissue hot flashes increased fatigue effects on cholesterol metabolism

Seems to me they come back to the field rather quickly .

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Erm, I'm a 5'8 male...

My bones are not that large in comparison to many women...

You bring no scientific fact to these discussions.

But yet science says you are wrong.

In terms of brute strength men are 50% above women.

I'm sorry that you are not statistically a normal male.

That doesn't change science though.

Real Science Stuff

More Science stuff

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
goes back to, I think the name was Renee Richards? male doctor went female, immediately became a major tennis player
IIRC

not holding my breath to see a story on this in the major media

only a matter of time before some poor girl gets serious hurt and then maybe they'll pay attention.

edit on 26-3-2017 by ElGoobero because: add useful info

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

That uh..made me laugh out loud. Star for the bold.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is what happens, at least in some sports if this is allowed to continue.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Agreed, this goes against the liberal media's fair to everyone.

What is laughable is the fact that men say I am trans and boom play with the women. Fair to everyone but all the women who were the protected class up til now I guess. Now we move to the trans being given special treatment in place of women.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Yep, there is a difference when women train and take "supplements" then when trans from men to women do.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: ElGoobero

Agreed, this goes against the liberal media's fair to everyone.

What is laughable is the fact that men say I am trans and boom play with the women. Fair to everyone but all the women who were the protected class up til now I guess. Now we move to the trans being given special treatment in place of women.

Provide evidence of any transwoman or transgirl that just decides one day to transition and the next day get on a girls team.

If not, your example is at best misguided.

Also the concept of equality is not from the liberal media, but the Constitution of the United States.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The constitution says nothing of trans men playing with women.

Time has no baring on this.

Do you disagree that a man could say I am transitioning and want to play women's softball?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I don't see how that could possibly be controversial. It's all within the law of Liberal Code. If they start complaining about it now, the entire system will fail. And that would create chaos and a deep resentment, further creating an atmosphere of division amongst the people of planet earth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join