It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am ordering my 1000 dollar gaming pc build this weekend, does this look like it will work.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
1000...hmm, ever since the age of 17, I've been a fan of the 2k$ computer...it lasts a long time typically with that price put into it (up to perhaps 5 years without a need for much upgrading). this number has held true for decades.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Looks like the one I am about to order..
But, traditional HD is a thing of the past in the gaming world
SSD disk is the only way to go.. much faster

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'd wait for Ryzen R5 lineup and their reviews before buying, they are releasing in less than 2 weeks I think.

They will be an incredible bang for buck compared to that i5 IMO.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I would suggest to look into those new Ryzen cpus and even why not AMD gpus, i have and have had intel for years but its time for change, having AMD gpu right now for few months and i can tell that those horror stories going around internet about AMD bad drivers and what not, is just rumors so far no problems and their drivers settings looks cool and haves great functionals. Only difference i seen with gpus are that AMD gpu runs 10-15c hotter while watching videos on the computer and gaming also runs about 5-10c hotter on certain games but thats really not a problem at all and even if its a problem it can be just 10-20e solution to improve air cooling in case.

For 1000e i would be looking for something like this:
$900 AMD Ryzen Gaming and Editing PC Build | Ryzen 5 1500X + 8GB RX 480 + 16GB DDR4

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

use SSD. that HDD is the bottleneck. I expect it to have been posted already.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo
Since the Pentium II, 300Mhz, I always had AMD cpus and ATI graphics and never had any problems. It´s just a matter of diving into it and finding the right components. Not unlike you do with any other.

They are cheap and relieable. I recently build a rig for someone.

AMD A6-5400K 3600 FM2
SSD 120GB 500/500 HyperX FURY SA3
GiBy GA-F2A88XM-DS2 A88X
8GB RAM, 1666mhz(?)
600W NT (bequiet)

went through win7 setup in around 10 minutes and boots up so fast the windows logo isn´t even loading completely. with nogui, theres just black screens flashing for a couple seconds when you coldboot it and it gives you the win7 login. from coldboot, no hibernation or other tricks ...

I was amazed how was that rig is. Totaling 290€ without the case.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I would swap the gfxcard for this
gpu.userbenchmark.com...

and make cuts elsewhere (dvd drive isn't massively necessary these days unless you want it for older games/movies, your RAM is 3000mhz isn't needed for gaming only mem intensive tasks, and perhaps look into a cheaper case to compensate extra money if you don't want to wait until next payday)

your gfx card, motherboard and processor (ram too to a degree to prevent bottlenecks but ~2000mgz range would be fine) are key in making a gaming rig so don't skimp! My 4gb card is not as effective as it once was

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You want 32gb ram.

Ssd drive for program installation. Big normal drive for permanent storage of important files.

I7 has no real advantage for games over i5 atm but that may change in the future.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

pcpartpicker.com...

If that looks right then good.

Personally I would not get a HDD and instead opt for something like this.
www.newegg.com...
and
www.newegg.com...

Otherwise compatibility wise, looks good.

I second pcpartpicker for building your own. It's been very helpful both for putting the rig together and for upgrades when needed. It's also a good jumping off point for price comparison.

How you build depends on what you use your rig for, even what type of games you prefer. Husband and I built ours down a built because he doesn't play action style games and neither of us really play much in the way of shooters where the newest and best tech is necessary.

We did both invest in really good mechanical keyboards though. The clicky-clack keys are a tradeoff for the ease of cleaning and durability you get in them (plus mine has really cool programmable color keys ...).

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

When I build for myself, I attempt to get a good balance of bang for your buck. That requires quite abit of comparison shopping and research. Pcpartpicker is perfect for that.

I recently picked up a Corsair K65? tenkeyless keyboard. It has the MX Cherry switches in it. I'm already thinking of trying the GSkill series with MX Browns. Should be quieter from what I've been reading. Definitely a fan.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He has a Corsair for his, and I have an AZIO. I have smaller fingers, but he needed larger keys because he doesn't like "Fat-fingering." His is quieter than mine, but I like the click factor.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I thought I would like going with a smaller keyboard, thus the tenkeyless and I also have a Razer Nostromo I use as well. Turns out I miss that part of my keyboard even with it.

I like the response from mechanical keyboards but the noise I could do without. I was happy with my Saitek Eclipse for years.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

If I had to do it again, I would go with the Xeon workstations, without hesitation.

I can tell you where I got mine, but you need to PM me for that... T&Cs, of course

Hi MadMac5150,
I was browsing through ATS and came across this post where you recommended getting refurbished workstation PCs for building a gaming rig. I joined ATS so I could PM you. Could you please tell me where you got yours? It won't let me PM you, probably because I am new here.

Thanks,
Craig

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

pcpartpicker.com...

This is a computer I made based on a quick search. No DVD drive but you can easily change a few things here to get one.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I agree with the other posters recommending you get a SSD drive.... but I would also suggest going with a 1060 instead of the 1050

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join