It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military bases in Antarctica?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

Lake Vostok is interesting, I'll give you that. I just think that it is strictly controlled due to the research going on. As of last year, over 3,500 new species had been discovered. Now if it is life that originated on earth or elsewhere is the question (if you want to go down that hole)... No matter how small. Unfortunately, my job only has to do with transportation of materials and such. I wish I had access to it!! As for the needing to be a German Citizen to work there, I've never heard of that. Definitely something to look into.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowstalker

Yea I'd love to go down that hole and see what's there!
Until then, yea the German citizenship thing is weird.
I guess I'll have my friend ask the guy about it, - carefully lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Event Horizon The U.S. Coast Guard sends a ice breaker there every year to clear channel for McMurdo. They resupply and bring scientist there, for crew change.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
holy necro thread

stargate.wikia.com... well your right about the stargate base from the tv show but i guess its a real one too

en.wikipedia.org... inreality it seems to be a station as opposed to an airbase for death gliders

McMurdo Station is a U.S. Antarctic research center located on the southern tip of Ross Island, which is in the New Zealand-claimed Ross Dependency on the shore of McMurdo Sound in Antarctica. It is operated by the United States through the United States Antarctic Program, a branch of the National Science Foundation. The station is the largest community in Antarctica, capable of supporting up to 1,258 residents,[1] and serves as the United States Antarctic science facility. All personnel and cargo going to or coming from Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station first pass through McMurdo.

www.coolantarctica.com... info on base

www.usap.gov... web cam on site

astro.uchicago.edu... virtual tour

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The advantage of a southernmost location on the globe makes all other locations in the southern hemisphere as equally easy to reach in a global emergency. Also, studying the Antarctic ice brings scientists critical data. Land claims. Other thousands of reasons that I couldn't tell ya about even if I wanted to.

originally posted by: Event Horizon
My g/f's brother works for Raytheon. He is in the Army Reseve but works for the Navy. All of a sudden he had to go to Antarctica for a month to install some new system there. Hes kind of a jerk so I dont ask him any questions. Are there military bases there? What could possible be of interest there its freezing?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Event Horizon The U.S. Coast Guard sends a ice breaker there every year to clear channel for McMurdo. They resupply and bring scientist there, for crew change.

Back in the late 80s and 90s I flew to McMurdo for 5 or 6 years out of Travis AFB as part of Operation Deep Freeze. We would stage out of Christchurch for 45 days at a time flying the scientists in there during the spring time.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

I think it is or has been an "Alien" base
the north pole probably is as well
and a few others around the globe

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowstalker

What's everyone's thoughts on maybe the "Flat Earth" theory and that the Antarctic is the ice wall on the edge of the Earth?

Sound crazy? Maybe... But no more than the GOVERNMENT bans on anyone visiting the area and doing their own exploring etc. And why hasn't anyone ever flown in straight line directly over the Antarctic, say from Australia right over the middle due south and come out the exact other side, directly sue south and no deviations.... Because there is no official recording of this ever happening.

The Flat Earth theory has some merits - but we all know how much NASA love telling us the TRUTH and we all know they wouldn't lie....Don't we??!!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Eagle1Hawk

Proof the government bans people going to Antarctica?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eagle1Hawk

The Flat Earth theory has some merits

...and the thinking person has some brain cells but somehow, somewhere, between you and me you lost those merits and brain cells, chap.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Do some research and you will find this is the case.

Below is from page 2 on this thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:41 AM

link quote reply

Originally posted by Schaden
Any proof for this claim ? Who told you that ?

Forgive me for not getting the source immediately. It hadn't occurred to me that in a certain light that did seem like a somewhat strange claim to make.
I learned it in the CIA World Factbook.

www.cia.gov... (under "legal system")

Public Law 95-541, the US Antarctic Conservation Act of 1978, as amended in 1996, requires expeditions from the US to Antarctica to notify, in advance, the Office of Oceans, Room 5805, Department of State, Washington, DC 20520,

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

So you've been to outer space and seen our "round" globe have you aorAki?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I've flown 'great circle' routes more than 'small circle' routes.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Here's a 30 day holiday package to Antarctica, includes trekking to a bunch of original explorer's huts...

www.worldexpeditions.com...

These guys offer a ski expedition to the South Pole..

polarexplorers.com...

As do these guys..

www.icetrek.com...

edit on 21/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Awesome post guys! Love the Antarctica stuff Always have since I read about Hitler's fascination there(Most likely because of ET's.. Yeah I'm one of those guys).

Anyway, I have been using Google Earth to explore both the moon and Antarctica. I found some great tuff on the moon but not so much in Antarctica.

Hope I can post this cool link here. This is my first reply or post on here, so hopefully it's all relevant and in the right thread.

www.antarctica.co...[p5jGLJmtTzA].cfm

The video in the above link shows you where to explore Antarctica on Google Earth. It's mainly the weird 14 mile thing, but look around, I hear they updated the pictures. Some of you are most likely bored of this topic by now, but for those of you who aren't..

Another thing: Would it not make sense that if, in the past, Hitler was accused of "looking for aliens in Antarctica".. That IF, every nation has their hand in AA somehow... Plus many other weird facts or accusations about AA -That it could be very likely something is happening there?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Event Horizon
I believe the U.S Army, Navy, Air Force all have a presence down in the Antarctic. The U.S Coast Guard goes down there all the time to break up ice. As far as how many people are there from each branch of the service I am not sure, about that count.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Intriguing

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The antartic land mass is healing reserves + body % + no totured. The missles are used for the defense of travlers wishing body no torture.

Arizona desert, georgia, is currently being tortured. Where are georgias reserves?
ia
United states and soviet areas that the antartica and alaskian bases no heal "Georgia."

LoL Wow man so soviets push georgia to united states =ing united states citizens on georgia land =ing united states citizens tortured.

LOL Wow man is it so hard for the lazy soviets leaders to educate their land =ing reserves?

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, + me a result and it would be done as god himself would do it now get over it.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Yes it went public in the 90's. BlackHawks, B2 Bombers... All this is the education formate 1990 youth and no onl ty that % came into our innocence homes, + + =ing our innocence no % + -d innocence eyes. And weird # like that.

David Sanderson -s Area 51 students televisions, David Sanderson Neglects my work to stop bio enhancement theives, David Sanderson +s =ing no 1 seeing him - televisions and stuff like that. hmm interesting,

David Sandersons location has been pinpointed, SSO torture reserves are being linked to his body, now disconnect the link and death him. I don't have time for this #, their is a global terrorist on the loose and david sanderson no stop the global terrorist 1 time yet +s "David + him house he no + to david." David Sanderson spent 2 hours talking about he no - + wish to talk to world trade center but david sanderson no stop global catastriphy while 1 studeent, 1 goauld + =ing land mass no flooding the united states + david sanderson says "We leave, they talk global catastriphy we gone." But yet no +s to the world trade center that world is in jeperty so obviously david sanderson wish goauld _ + + =ing world % =ing david no + =ing world % + - from the 1 + = world % = the world no %

Bio Enhancement theives (Death (+=% no %) Dr. Drew, Dr Richard Offutt, George H Bush, Christian Cage, Hitler, Dick Cheny, 1st IOTT... The bohemian grove in california.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
the extremes in temperature makes "combat" there non-workable. according to this article, the "warmest" month down there is January, with the high being minus 18 degrees and the lowest of the "warm month" minus 21 degrees....equipment and soldiers don't function well in that type of cold.....look at the WW2 combat in the Aleutian Islands, both side were bogged down, with equipment failures and casualties just from the extreme cold. and it's a lot colder in Antarctica.

traveltips.usatoday.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join