It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military bases in Antarctica?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Officially everything is of a "scientific nature" but I doubt this is the actual truth. Hollywood seems to have access to lots of classified information when they make their movies or just a vivid imagination.... I am not saying everything in these movies is true but certainly they know more than you and me.

Another thing that strikes me odd is the general lack of interest in the poles other than the occasional, expensive cruise to the antartic perimeter. If you are american you gotta go through all that red tape. Why are people being so discouraged from going there? What are they trying to hide? Why not any satellite photos? I have tried zooming in on the perimeter of the continent but everything is from high altitude.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The word you are all looking for for is "Vostok".

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
hmm funny, i just finished writing another post on secret bases and one part i covered was the harewood u.s base in christchurch international airport. although in that post i did fail to mention that the american military operates there under the the antarctic agreement of 1961. both overt and covert miltary and intelligence support operations that have little or no relationship with antarctic science or logistics. operation deep freeze has gone on for many years in christchurch and antarctica. you can check out my post in the area 51 and other facilities forum under finding secret bases. it has some interesting points of new zealand involvement in global spying and the tip of the iceburg of australasia/pacific involvement in nwo and globalisation. also any comments and new friends welcome.

antinwochick

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Spent 4 months on ice 98-99. Mostly mcmurdo but a few cool boondoggles out. No real secrets in Mcmurdo, and believe me I was looking.

Only three things of interest I found were that
1. A science project that was studying a fish that basically had antifreeze was reportedly partially funded by the military but there was no military oversight on Ice.
2. Mil van alley, there were 3 to 4 Mil vans (Shipping containers) that had been heavily locked and unopened for years. No one really knew what was in them and the old timers told me "Its wise not to ask too many questions"
My guess is radioactive material from the failed reactor. Possible a small cache of weapons but very doubtful. I was however semi promptly reassigned after asking about them, but there were other very legitimate4 reasons for that as well (Inventory for Winfly, didn't get along with ym boss ect...) Spent the rest of my hitch in 191-b an unheated (accept for the 3 space heaters I surrounded myself with) janesway tent full of bolts, screw, nuts, nails, ect....
3. The Radar Domes opposite Ob hill (visible on google earth). No one is even allowed to start up the road towards them. They are total military operations and the personel generally never mix. Most of the rest of the restriction on travel are for safety (and rightly so, crevasses are always popping up and it can go from sunny to full on blizzard from "Herbie alley" in a matter fo a half an hour ) But they are the primary source of ATC for all of the planes coming in and out (Navy C130's and 141s) and with a crew of only 3 to 5 people if I remember I doubt there are much shenanigans going on up there...

I still REALLY want to know whats in those mil vans though

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hello members:
Bear with me - this is honestly my very first attempt at the social media thing, so any suggestions are welcome. I have been consumed with researching all things Antarctica - specifically as it relates to any military/intelligence agency presence. So I am jumping in (without a clue how to participate...) to try and share my knowledge base with others who have similar interests, and perhaps gain more understanding myself. For now, I am exploring the site to learn how to find threads on Antarctica and hopefully receiving any generous guidance along the way. Thank you in advance for any input or assistance. It seems like a great community!
VicFirth
[email protected]

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicFirth
Hello members:
Bear with me - this is honestly my very first attempt at the social media thing, so any suggestions are welcome. I have been consumed with researching all things Antarctica - specifically as it relates to any military/intelligence agency presence. So I am jumping in (without a clue how to participate...) to try and share my knowledge base with others who have similar interests, and perhaps gain more understanding myself. For now, I am exploring the site to learn how to find threads on Antarctica and hopefully receiving any generous guidance along the way. Thank you in advance for any input or assistance. It seems like a great community!
VicFirth
[email protected]

A good place to start is to read up on Richard E. Byrd and NEUSCHWABENLAND

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I had read these websites in the past about antarctica and i confirm what the super moderator said.

Here they are

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

rense.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.beyondweird.com... azi_Invasion_17.html

All that i can say is that all the stories say that the US navy aircrafts were attacked by faster, more powerful and bigger round flying objects and that they had no chance to defeat them.

Also read this from the ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and it may explain to you what the US army, navy etc wants from Antarctica.
edit on 26-7-2013 by JesusChristwins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TortoiseKweek

...This is also an interesting show with Richard C. Hoagland

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy

This video does not seem to exist at this link. If you could repost a new link that would be great!

I found this instead:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
People are always putting fear in Antarcica, they always say "there's no life up there"
"you cant go up there" "cold dark"

You get what I mean. By us fearing and/or not wanting to go up there, that gives governments the chance to do whatever they want up there.

There's things going on, we all know it.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I know that this thread is mostly dead now, however, I just want to make a couple of comments.

It was pointed out above that there are virtually no good images of the Antarctic outside terrible images on Google and the like. Yes, lots of images of icebergs and scenery from the ground around the bases but nothing which would show the same kind of detail other parts of the globe have on the map websites. The images must exist because there are satellites up there which can take detailed pictures - so why not add these to Google Maps rather than showing fuzzy images of the parts which they dont want us to see.

It is highly likely that any ET race which comes from another world would have different biology and different weaknesses to us. We all know space is cold so they could actually survive in cold places far better than humans can. I think that some of the Google images of Antarctica do show settlements which are not human ones. Although humans are at a great disadavantage in the freezing cold, aliens may not have the same need for warmth as we do. They may even be cold blooded etc. I dont think we travel very far from our Polar Stations and into the deep wastes of the Poles so there could easily be ET there.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Event Horizon

Been on my mind, thought i'd share here - most threads on this topic are old, this one popped up again recently.

I have a friend who I've known for about 15 years. She knows nothing about any of this. I see her rarely, she works in a bar, so conversation is usually pretty casual.
One night I stuck around til close, and I can't recall if it was something on the TV or something in conversation, that led me to say something about an Antarctic Nazi UFO base, half-jokingly.

She got really freaked out, and told me she has an old guy friend from high-school (we're both in our early 40's) who recently found her on Facebook. He is in the military, and stationed in Antarctica. For some reason, most of his correspondence consists of attempts to persuade her to MOVE to Antarctica. She hasn't seen this guy in years...

Then she tells me, he just came back here to Chicago about a month ago - just for a week - and just to acquire German citizenship!

She said that seemed weird, and so did he, and she chose to not meet up with him while he was back, but it seemed odd to her that a member of the US military stationed in Antarctica would need German citizenship for anything, until I informed her that a very large chunk of the continent is called Newschwabenland.

So, anyone have any "logical" explanation for this? And no, he didn't go to Germany - straight back here, "got" German citizenship, straight back there...hm.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowXIX

Can't help but notice Germany opted to NOT sign this treaty. Again, hm.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

the area has been reported on before and there are stories about expeditions where shangrala were found and some explorers never returned so maybe still there, might be an secret base

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schaden
Not like a supply officer would know any operational details though. I'm not clear on exactly how many people are there, but he told me that most personnel leave for the winter.

Actually by looking at what he was supplying, supporting and repairing he would have a very good idea.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

Haven't heard anything about having to be a German citizen to work there, perhaps it might be needed to work as a German defense contractor. I do know people who have worked out there. A lot of former military government contractors can find work out there, apparently it is a pretty good temp job for some. Work 6 months, take off 6 and travel or whatever and they are US citizens.

There are some wild rumors I have heard(not from anyone who was worked there) about a well established non-human base somewhere out there and well hidden.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod
I can't think of any reason why US military personnel would need German citizenship to work in Antarctica either, except that Germany didn't sign the treaty...the Neumayer Station could technically be military then (if not another base there identifying as "German").

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Speaking from experience, my Air Guard unit does send a couple people down to McMurdo Station once a year.
There is a lot of supplies that need to be run in and out of the area for the people that live there, the South Pole, and other smaller stations around there... Believe me, it's nothing interesting. Just a difficult (but unique) trip that's balls cold and a good way to get to every continent before you die!!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadowstalker

I heard a woman who worked there say she got colder in Chicago than Antarctica lol - and living here, I agree.
It's a huge continent - "nothing interesting" probably depends on where you are. Lake Vostok isn't interesting? The US government thinks it's so interesting, you don't get to see it anymore.

Anyhoo, still don't see why an American would suddenly need German citizenship to work there.
edit on 4-11-2014 by KAOStheory because: typo

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I thought that's where the Ancient weapons platform and the 2nd stargate are...?

Oh wait, that was a TV show. My bad. LOL

I'd LOVE to go to Antarctica. I think I'd do OK there, seeing as I've lived in Alaska for 30+ years. I'd take -40F with no wind over -10F with a 20 MPH wind any day!

When it's so cold out that your tires turn square from sitting, and you have to keep your vehicle running 24-7...you know it's C-O-L-D!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

truth in fiction, my friend, and...friction lol. yea, the wind sucks!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join