It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military bases in Antarctica?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What do you guys think about this pic? Anyone think anythings under it. I've never seen anything like it before.

Heres a few more:

server2.uploadit.org...

server3.uploadit.org...

server3.uploadit.org...

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
out of nowhere...I got bit with the Antarctica bug too...after wasting all my personal time planning a trip to area 51 over the last 3 weeks, I needed a new suckhole for my spare time...I found your posts through the military facilities forum where all the 51 stuff is and was blown away by your excellent BS filter...the links you posted are superb and I really appreciate having most of the junk thrown away even before I began my research...anyways thank you very much, I'll be dead to my girl for another 3 weeks now.

Personally I loved BDG and the other beaker/personal sites you put up...but my interest is primarily beneath Lake Vostock right now...Magnetic Anomolies...50 tonnes of freon and jet fuel poised like the sword of damacles above the most pristine water/environment on earth...fresh water warm enough to support life and hard evidence of bacteria living in the reforzen lake water...too good to be true? I would love to believe there is a spaceship, lost civilization or some new type of life down there...but you have a better idea than me at this point...What do you think is most likely behind the magentic anomoly and why were so many folks med-evacuated from Scott a few years back(according to the Vostok ?'s conspiracy link you put up)...if you have minute to offer your best guess as to what the most current developments are and what's going on I'd love it...

PS: I'm looking into finding a way to make it down there on the govt's dime...any ideas for folks without a scientific background? Is there a need for janitors and cooks? or are those duties just shared by the researchers?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What kind of power source do you think they use for electricity? It seems like this base would take a lot of power.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
What do you guys think about this pic? Anyone think anythings under it. I've never seen anything like it before.

Event Horizon, I've seen all those pics but the first. I guess it might be an overhead shot of the infamous Lake?

Just to clear the air here. I've seen so many damn pics, I figured it would be better to not add to the bandwidth need of this thread, and just post links, since other people had been posting pics already.

-VW

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by azraeltheonionpeeler.

I found your posts through the military facilities forum where all the 51 stuff is and was blown away by your excellent BS filter...the links you posted are superb and I really appreciate having most of the junk thrown away even before I began my research...anyways thank you very much, I'll be dead to my girl for another 3 weeks now.

I've been posting in the Area 51 thread? I seemed to have lost track here..hm....

But hey, I'm glad you liked the list of links. There really is a treasure trove of sites out there, but they are hard to find. In fact, most of the links I found were through other sites I found on BDG. Heh. Go figure. In fact, I'll state something that sometimes really make me go hmmmm!. I found a link to the BDG article on ModernDrunkard, via a link on Fark. That, and my search for pics, was where it all began. But here's the funny thing. During my search on Antarctica, I found ATS. I bookmarked it right away, and then forgot about it for a week. So in a way, Antarctica brought me here. Weird eh? My friends have forgotten I exist, as ALL my time has mostly been either looking at Antartica, or ATS.

But my interest is primarily beneath Lake Vostock right now...Magnetic Anomolies...50 tonnes of freon and jet fuel poised like the sword of damacles above the most pristine water/environment on earth...fresh water warm enough to support life and hard evidence of bacteria living in the reforzen lake water...too good to be true? I would love to believe there is a spaceship, lost civilization or some new type of life down there...but you have a better idea than me at this point...What do you think is most likely behind the magentic anomoly and why were so many folks med-evacuated from Scott a few years back(according to the Vostok ?'s conspiracy link you put up)...if you have minute to offer your best guess as to what the most current developments are and what's going on I'd love it...

Lake Vostock, eh?

Well ya know, I've more or less ignored the non-proved stuff about this region, primarily because: The really out-there legends about the area started when the first explorers (not going to bother with details here) found Antarctica. Some of them died, some barely made it out, and they made these journeys horribly un-equipped for the weather and region. Some surely went nutzo, crazy, insane during those journeys, and whatever lush, green lands were found, were probably the result of frostbite and starvation.

You might ask why I am on ATS and have that sort of opinion. Well, first I'm a skeptic. But not entirely. If there are a ton of usual, normal reasons for something, and those reasons are things I already believe, I will tend to not believe in something. Such is the case for the legends of this Lake.

The bacterium that has been found in the lake is really important. The rest of The Ice is so lacking in life! We could learn so much from what is in the water of that lake. Is it possible the lake is the way it is, because of some higher purpose or reason? Of course. But first and foremost, I think it's important that we do not YET destroy areas of Antarctica based solely on reasons of conspiracy.

As for those widely publicized medvacks...Well first we have a female doctor in the most desolate part of the world. Who becomes ill with cancer during a Winter Over. Sheesh! That alone is newsworthy, especially if you know what it's like there during the winter. Next, you have 2 (or 3, not sure) people who come down with....gallstones. Of all the damn things. At least it was that, or something very close. Sure, that is a tad odd, but really, only newsworthy because of the trouble of getting these people off The Ice. and they did have to leave, because medical services were (and still are) poorly represented on The Ice. After all this happened, Raytheon starting testing all support, and some others, with ultrasound before heading to the ice. These tests are part of a fairly major medical examine most have to go through to go to The Ice. Since then, nobody else has had to be taken off the The Ice for such a condition. These are random, unforeseen, events. Nothing more.

PS: I'm looking into finding a way to make it down there on the govt's dime...any ideas for folks without a scientific background? Is there a need for janitors and cooks? or are those duties just shared by the researchers?

Eeesh, your making me post a corporate link here! Gach!

Raytheon Jobs on the Ice

It depends on the station, and what your capable of doing. These, such jobs are there, and no, the beakers generally do not end up JUST doing that. (Some beakers are lame, and will not lift a finger when something needs to be done, others will help out on the station if they are not busy with a project).

The personal blog link I posted is run by someone on The Ice right now, and they respond to email. BDG is edited by someone who has been to The Ice five times, and he responds to email.

The Ice People forum link I posted has existing threads about looking for jobs on The Ice.

Good luck!

-VW

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hi, well there's the problem - yes?

Cant sent 279 million into one tunnel.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Trawling about on the web for Secret Antarctic bases seems to result in loads of mad stuff on a huge secret Nazi base full of Aryan supermen being supplied by submarines and whizzing around in UFO's!

It seems to crop up quite a bit and apparently the US "attacked" them, but no one even poses an opinion regarding who won or lost.

Seems the sort of thing that would pop up in a Helloy comic! Pretty fun reading all the theories though.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
-------------------

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Wodan]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wodan,

One of those pictures is inappropriate for this website. Can you please remove it? Also, can you just supply the links to the pictures and not show the pictures.

I don’t want to get in trouble for content or bandwidth problems. Thank you

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Wodan,

One of those pictures is inappropriate for this website. Can you please remove it? Also, can you just supply the links to the pictures and not show the pictures.

sorry, I will remove the pics, and set links some day

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wodan

Wodan,

sorry, I will remove the pics, and set links some day

Shucks. I missed it. I never saw any of the recent pics. Might I ask why one of them was not PC for ATS?

-VW

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The pictures were cool. A lot of them were of places most dont see. I asked Wodan to supply us with just the links and not the pictures so we can still see them. There were alot so I didnt want to hog bandwidth.

The picture was of two naked women posters above a desk. Im sure Wodan did not mean to do it because there were a lot of pictures but I didnt want to risk anything so I asked him to remove it.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WODAN

yeah, even germany has a base there ( ... )

Neuschwabenland is an area, thats 600,000 square kilometers huge, is mostly full of ice, but has also areas that are free of ice, and have hot springs, it is also rich by minerals and other natural resources..

( ... )

There is also a base of the federal republic of germany, its called Neumayer-Station, last year german government said, they want to build a new base, also in Neuschwabenland, called "Neumayer III"

You are presenting twisted facts-

It is not correct to imply that "Neuschwabenland" is (still) a german claim, nor is the Neumayer station a military installation. Still you may present Neumayer III as a government project, since it's going to be financed by the german ministry of education and scientific research.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I just lost my first rendition of this post. And my first is always my best. So I hope you will forgive for my lack of flair this second time around. Anways!

There's an odd tradition amongst those that season on The Ice. Each season, many bases watch John Carpenters "The Thing". They hunker down and watch this movie, meanwhile displaying an enormous degree of MST3K type of humor.

It’s a tradition because it’s one of the few movies centered around Antarctica, and one of the most entertaining. Since most American people here have probably seen this movie, I wish to submit a newish movie, just for information’s sake.

“Alien Hunter” is a movie loosely centered around aliens, government conspiracy, and Antarctica. While much of the movie is inside, exterior shots are appropriate for the area, and McMurdo station is mentioned early on in the movie.

For those interested in conspiracy and Antarctica, it’s worth a peak. Just don’t expect an A movie. It’s worth seeing a couple of times, and I’d suggest renting it before you buy.

I’d like to mention I hadn’t seen this until after being on ATS for these past weeks, as well as my 3-week research binge into Antarctica. It was interesting to watch from my new, improved perspective.

IMDB Link

-VW

P.S. BDP has been updated. Big Dead Place

[edit on 16-3-2005 by VisionWithin]

[edit on 16-3-2005 by VisionWithin]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Ages ago when i was in primary school I did a research topic on Antartica

and I remember two important facts that I have never forgotten an

haven't been mentioned in this topic (as far as i know). One that Antartica

is rich in gold and other important minerls and a lot of it. Part of the deal that the treaty was signed was so that these minerals were not mined.

Two that Antartica is broken up into parts and contries kind of own that part, Australia, US etc. I don't know if this has any significance but i guess

it could help.

P.S. Living in Australia I have never known of any type of Concpiracy in Antatica as far as I know its all science in the summer and paperwork in the winter.

Peace Out

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perverbial Eye In The Sky

P.S. Living in Australia I have never known of any type of Concpiracy in Antatica as far as I know its all science in the summer and paperwork in the winter.

I think it's fair to say that science studies there could include things our governments don't want us to know about. And I don't mean on secret bases either. And yes, it's true most of the science happens in the summer. Though what that usually means is that teams set up the experiments in summer, and then folks in the winter-overs might report observations during the winter months.

"Secret" science projects would be possible on the larger bases, such as McMurdo, but not so easily kept covered up on other stations, such as Palmer.

As for the other bases (German for example), I don't know much, as most of the info I've come across is not in english. So I have no idea what they are doing.

-VW

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VISION WITHIN:

As for the other bases (German for example), I don't know much, as most of the info I've come across is not in english. So I have no idea what they are doing.

... nur Anständiges:

English Information about German Bases ...

and about Neu-Schwabenland / New Swabia

[edit on 20-3-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Popular mechanics did something on a military base in Antartica its name was Ice Station X it was suppose to be a submarine base. I'll try and find the link for you.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
Popular mechanics did something on a military base in Antartica its name was Ice Station X it was suppose to be a submarine base. I'll try and find the link for you.

No, that was "Popular Science" !

Nor am I affiliated with the "Popular Mechanics" magazine btw.
I can't remember why I chose this silly username at all.

If a moderator reads this:
Please let me know if I can get a new, and perhaps more lofty name, like "Optimus Fett" or so...

Thanks,

*Pop*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join