It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we need to antagonize the Chinese when the Chinese aren't patrolling our coast or airspace?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Did you grow up in religious family?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Guam and hawaii is technically stolen land. War spoils that should have been given back to the real owners a long time ago

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: therealfreeworld

That doesn't make them not US territory.

Hawaii wasn't war spoils though. It was just grabbed.
edit on 3/25/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You should research more.

i started to say something about that, but figured he go off out in left field again talking some kind of bullsh@@.
i wonder if he even knows that the U.S. ran several covert missions during the iran iraq war,two that come to mind is Operation Praying Mantis, and Operation Eager Glacier. it is also said that the navy used Mark III boats with fake lighting to lure out irans little ski boats and blow them to hell.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Did you grow up in religious family?

No.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: therealfreeworld

Guam and hawaii is technically stolen land. War spoils that should have been given back to the real owners a long time ago

Thou shalt not point out hypocrisy.

It unnerves the war hawks.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Well, except for the minor fact that Hawaii WASN'T war spoils. Unless the US was at war with Hawaii in 1893.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: therealfreeworld

It was just grabbed.

Sort of like an uninhabited reef in the South China sea with no arable land, no fresh water.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Huge difference there. They are building artificial islands near those reefs, and claiming the airspace and water around them, and telling people that they have to have their permission to go through the area, which is in international airspace and waters. Hawaii already existed as islands, which grants them an EEZ and airspace, unlike artificial islands.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

What, in your words, do you think is going on in the South China sea right now?

I have no idea what is going on there. You should ask me what I think is going on in the Ukraine though. I could make that interesting.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Of course what complicates this particular situation is the close land mass to those ships at sea, I suppose, but it still seems provocative somehow.

Foreign ships off one's coast is nothing new under the sun.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

It's Freedom of Navigation. No one has the right to set up an artificial island and claim the air and sea space around it. China did just that, and told all vessels passing around the islands that they have to coordinate with them before entering the area. In this instance, the B-1 was heading to a bombing range on a Korean island as part of Foal Eagle. So it accomplished both a Freedom of Navigation flight, AND its initial mission of being part of the exercise.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It's all a matter of timing. The more recent it is, then the more wrong land grabbing is.

Manifest destiny. Killing the native Americans.

Manifest destiny? Did someone actually receive divine confirmation that America belonged to the people who rebelled against the British crown? Doesn't the Bible indicate that we are to respect those in authority, like the British crown as there is no authority on earth except that God established that authority. Therefore, the people who established this nation by rejecting British rule did so, by rejecting Biblical scripture which indicates that this land should still belong under the rule of the British crown.

Hawaii wouldn't even be part of the US is the first Americans didn't rebel against the rightful crown of England.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

My position is that I don't give a good goddam what the Chinese do with those little islands they dredged up. That neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, as they said in 1787.

I'd rather my tax dollars be spent on a different project than screwing with the Chinese on the other side of the planet.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

It's supporting our allies. No one in the region has the ability to stand up to their bullying, which has been pretty serious in the last 10 years, and none of them will ally with each other without a buffer. Hell, even Vietnam is turning to the US at this point because of China.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

My position is that I don't give a good goddam what the Chinese do with those little islands they dredged up. That neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, as they said in 1787.

I'd rather my tax dollars be spent on a different project than screwing with the Chinese on the other side of the planet.

It's about the tax dollars. Exactly.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We are not in ships right off chinas coast. We have been messing around thier illegally claimed man made reef Islands. Look at a map and see where china has drawn the line for what they consider is their territorial water. Vietnam , Singapore , Malaysia , Brunei , the Philippines have had China draw a line right off shore of these countries and has said this is china's stay away. Screw that , aint theirs so screw em . I say sail , fly and do whatever our military chooses to do to pester the damn thieves.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: savagediver
We are not in ships right off chinas coast. We have been messing around thier illegally claimed man made reef Islands. Look at a map and see where china has drawn the line for what they consider is their territorial water. Vietnam , Singapore , Malaysia , Brunei , the Philippines have had China draw a line right off shore of these countries and has said this is china's stay away. Screw that , aint theirs so screw em . I say sail , fly and do whatever our military chooses to do to pester the damn thieves.

You know it seems to me that the US ought to cut China as much slack as a Higher Power cuts the US.

If you've read some of my posts in this thread about how the US encourages the violation of its own young citizens sexual rights in the name of religion headed by a false prophet.

In the Old Testament people were destroyed by the authority of a angel for following a false prophet. It seems to me as Richard Abanes book, One Nation Under Gods, proves without a doubt the many false prophecies of Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. As God gives the US some leeway in allowing people to follow a false prophet without meeting the same fate of destruction that people in the Old Testament faced for following a false prophet, then the US ought to cut China the same slack the a Higher Power extends to the US.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
"I don't care if they have slant eyes. They oppose rape in the name of Jesus. The Chinese are great."
"The Chinese are probably morally superior to us."

In China, a ”one-child” policy, enforced by the state with forced sterilizations and abortions, exacerbates gendercide, leading some parents to take matters into their own hands. If you’re allowed only two children, and you already have one girl…well, in a culture where males are valued much more highly than females, it’s not hard to imagine what follows. Baby girls are stuck in sacks and thrown in rivers and down wells, even dumped upside-down in buckets of water.

www.lifenews.com...

THE Chinese government continues to carry out mass killings of innocent people in order to obtain their organs for transplants, a damning new report reveals.

The ultimate conclusion is that the Chinese Communist Party has engaged the state in the mass killings of innocents, primarily practitioners of the spiritually based set of exercises, Falun Gong, but also Uyghurs, Tibetans, and select House Christians, in order to obtain organs for transplants.

www.news.com.au... b4ae1685c160

....but "they oppose rape in the name of Jesus." Right.

Those evidence is less worst than what USA does really. Even Jesus knows this. God sees everything. "One side openly evil the other secretly evil." Corporate America loves to wipe history and antagonize everyone who don't follow suite.

One Child Policy means nothing. It was a trade off between less people and sustainable economy or more people with possible mass invasion and unsustainable life.You should see US drugs and mass abortion that isn't even forced.

You can compare India to China. India is worst than China even now. Imagine US having billions of population with lack of proper jobs, the fact that US weather is worst than China, they cannot grow food as much as China. It would be 100% worst than China. This shhs has been done before hand. Venus and Mars is your call. If you want bigger population then better bring out space technology and start space colonization.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join