It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A PC ideology induces change which offends people.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ms898

Just shows how moronic the PC adherents are, doesn't it? My Mrs calls her friends Mate quite often, it's not merely a male thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Just shows how moronic the PC adherents are, doesn't it? My Mrs calls her friends Mate quite often, it's not merely a male thing.

Yep, I call men and women "mate". My definition is the Cockney one! It's Cockney "Down The Market" talk. I love it. I don't really giving a "flying" what anybody thinks about it. I use it and I will use it as long as I want to.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It baffles me why people can get so offended over being polite and civil with other people.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

my mum sometimes calls me monkey boy. And I'm white !!!! imagine that.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
You would think being Christian would include having consideration for others. Say you say "Merry Christmas" to an atheist and she found it offensive. Don't you think it would just be nice, considerate, and Christian to say "Happy Holidays" instead. Or, do we just take the low road and eff em by saying "Merry Christmas" ?

I never understand the outcry against political correctness. I think it is important to take other people's feelings into consideration. I don't say the eff word around my grandmother because she doesn't like.

Of course, my grandmother used say in her Edith Bunker like voice, "If you don't have anything nice to say, shut your God damn mouth."

I'm an atheist, and all I want us for you to wish me whatever holiday title you want & I'll do the same in return. You say Merry Christmas and I'll respond with Happy Holidays. Then we move on with our lives. Fair I would hope

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It baffles me why people can get so offended over being polite and civil with other people.

Are you reading this thread properly?

I already told another member why.

I am perfectly civil with my own code. You have no right to inflict your code on me. Do I inflict my code of behavior onto you? My code is very important to me. I have spent years working on it and it is still not finished. Take your clumsy PC and apply it to yourself if you want to, but don't expect others to behave like you want them to.

You are adhering to something very draconian that is forcing its way onto us everywhere. It will not work. It will backfire and make everything much worse. That is why people are so "anti" it. Do you not see that?

If you force a morality onto others that you think is right you might as well call yourself Hitler unless God Almighty gives you the authority over the Universe.

I wrote in a song once:

"You thought you were the victim
Until you became the cause".

Dylan wrote:

"Know your song well
Before you start singing".

Do you know your PC well? Do you know who is ordering it and for what specific purpose? I know that it is being used as a weapon by minorities to control majorities. It will not wash. The majority will just shut you down and be even harder on you for daring to attempt to try and take away their freedom. I will be there nodding my approval because I feel the same way.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If you are insulted by what someone says ... walk away or just ignore them. Restricting someones' rights to say something will also technically put restrictions on your rights to say something ... in turn restricting everyones' freedom.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

my mum sometimes calls me monkey boy. And I'm white !!!! imagine that.

I think that is so funny. My Mum calls me some right nasty names. I get really angry with her. Lol, love her to bits though.

PC people will never understand how fascist and hypocritical it is by nature and what creeping control freak sabotage behavior. It is like they are either blind to its insidiousness or coveting it as a WEAPON IN THEIR ARSENAL that they hope will become more powerful so they can be assured special treatment, just because they have minority status and so can push their way first in the queue for opportunity. That opportunity is very significant: I mean opportunity for vital services like housing, jobs, status, inclusion and exclusion, etc.

I'll say the same thing to them as I say to Satan when He tries to get in front of me in the queue:

"Get behind me, Dude". No special treatment for you!

Lol!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yeah yeah. I've heard this sob story before. I'm evil and awful because I want you to show a little respect to the people you are talking to. Like I said, it confuses me why asking you to be polite with other people when in mixed company is such a big deal.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yeah yeah. I've heard this sob story before. I'm evil and awful because I want you to show a little respect to the people you are talking to. Like I said, it confuses me why asking you to be polite with other people when in mixed company is such a big deal.

Tell me where I do not show respect then all wise One?

Look how low my naughtiness behavior is with the ATS mods for how long I have been here.

Why are you so amazing and civil and I am a savage then? Hmmm???

Did I ever say you are evil? Shall I tell you what I think of you: I think you are very bright and very gentle. I think you are trying to push your agenda on me though. I think you want me to behave like you want me to behave because you think you are right and that I am wrong. I don't agree with you on that score.

PC is evil though. That psychological virus is a disease. If you want to do it then I am fine with that. If you expect me to play that game; well no thanks, I have some more easy going dudes to play with who let me be free and myself, who don't judge me at every turn.

This is personally for you: This is who I am. I am not black, yet I hang out lots with Black Culture. So much so that I spend all my money so I can get better at playing Black Music and singing songs about the Bible. I am not PC, but I am a loving and gentle human being. I am my own creator as an artist. I live and think creatively, autonomously. Any control of my being other than basic law and order will have that whip lash returned as a BACK LASH because I work so hard at trying to improve myself and don't want the clumsy state and control freaks forcing me to behave in the way they think I should behave:

soundcloud.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Look how low my naughtiness behavior is with the ATS mods for how long I have been here.

Then you DO support PC behavior, because that is all PC is. Being civil.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Because everyone should have the freedom to express their dislikes even if that may result in people not agreeing or liking what they have to say.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Since when does PC inhibit freedoms? Asking you to be polite doesn't mean you are required to listen. Pitching PC as freedom depriving is a HUGE spin as PC itself is an expression of free speech. It is people voicing their dissatisfaction with your choice of wording/phrasing.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Ok, I said lens, but because you can't value my analogy, I'll use another. It's a spectrum.

I do not claim to be politically correct, but I do fall on the spectrum. I would not want to live in a world where everyone is only identified by their worst slurs. Just because you think I'm hypocritical to a standard doesn't change it's a relative standard.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Then you DO support PC behavior, because that is all PC is. Being civil.

No, I do not. I utterly reject it and give people full autonomy over their own being. I have no wish to control them. If they want to hate me I am fine with that and I would not want to change it. I don't want to control behavior. I want a man or woman to be able to express themselves when they are angry so it doesn't get all pent up and end up manifesting as a political force to the point of Nazism. Suppression will lead us right to that door.

If you are truly concerned with everyone being free and safe to live the way they want to then the last thing you should want to do is force a political ideology on them. It is so very dangerous.

Enough said. I can't say any more and we shall both have to live with this stale mate.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Then you and I both agree there should be no restrictions. We should be free to say what we want, and if it offends someone that person has the rights to voice their opinions or walk away or ignore. Yup sounds about right ... no point to PC.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You are able to say what you want and there are no restrictions. PC is just a request from a segment of the population to be polite within mixed company. You don't have to adhere to it and it isn't legally enforceable, but acting like PC people's disapproval or even the general public's disapproval of you using words like the "n word" or other racially charged words is your speech being suppressed is dishonest.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I do get it and we do agree, there should be no restrictions and it should not be legally enforcable. But there seem to be many poeple who wants PC to be enforcable and to those people I strongly do not agree with.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

I never understand the outcry against political correctness. I think it is important to take other people's feelings into consideration. I don't say the eff word around my grandmother because she doesn't like.

That is basic manners. PC is messing with us on a behavioral level. That is something to worry about. It is being deliberately forced on us by agents who are not revealing themselves to us as an authority yet claiming MORAL AUTHORITY over us all.

I have not idea what you are talking about. There are no agents telling me what to think or say. The only people forcing you to do anything is because you are letting them to do so.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

That is a conservative created bogeyman. No PC adherent (or exceedingly few of them) want to change free speech laws to enforce political correctness.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join