It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article 50 - March 29th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I was on the fence about Brexit. One side said it will be great for Britain, the other side promised it will be something oh so horrible. As no member state ever left the EU before, none of the sides could sell me for a 100%

But now this:

Asked by Bild am Sonntag newspaper whether he was concerned other member states will follow Britain's example in quitting, Mr Juncker said: 'No. Britain's example will make everyone realise that it's not worth leaving. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thank you Mr Juncker for showing me the right side. I don't like bullies, never did. So here it is for Britain: No matter what no matter how Britain will be Great again. Sure hard times are coming, but we always stood up always solved our problems.

And then this:

He added: 'On the contrary, the remaining member states will fall in love with each other again and renew their vows with the European Union.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sure it looks like it mate! Get a grip of reality!

The full article:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Going broke because of hating a bully - is not that smart either.

I guess, for Britain, the best is to check the facts, and really ignore provocations, and not hastily jump into a pit where they cannot crawl out.

Seen a bit steep reports lately on the practical implications of Brexit, and for sure there is indeed a rocky road ahead. No denying that. Britain will be administering and stamping traffic between island and continent, and run big bill for that. Today in EU they just skip that admin - which will need to come back if UK is to trade at all with EU.

So Juncker is an idiot. But, should UK follow that example?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Going broke because of hating a bully - is not that smart either.

I guess, for Britain, the best is to check the facts, and really ignore provocations, and not hastily jump into a pit where they cannot crawl out.

Seen a bit steep reports lately on the practical implications of Brexit, and for sure there is indeed a rocky road ahead. No denying that. Britain will be administering and stamping traffic between island and continent, and run big bill for that. Today in EU they just skip that admin - which will need to come back if UK is to trade at all with EU.

So Juncker is an idiot. But, should UK follow that example?

Yes emotions are involved in this whole thing from both sides. But this attitude is probably the worst approach to handle the situation.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
He is currently speaking about his stack of cards that is on a table in a wind tunnel with no control of the on switch..

The EU when created was about free trade with member states, what it has turned into is a whole different monster.. The sad fact is people in the UK now are about one decade away from having to beg just for a minimum wage job all whilst having no pension plans and a medical system along with schooling that is at breaking point, my local area in London is little more than a third world ghetto with off the charts housing prices (that about sums it up). So he should spend a year or so living as the average Joe does in the society he helped to create before he starts telling people "what is good or not"..

Personally all I can say is f#ck him and f#ck the EU, what does it say regarding progress when I am way worse off than my father was..

I am simply going to use the EU "legacy" to my advantage and sell my over priced house then bugger off to Asian with my skill set that is ever being priced down in the current market, Brexit or not the UK sadly is about 20 years to late to recover from the failed EU experiment...

Just looking out of my window at a street that is a sh1t hole which was once very appealing, to a road that is covered in pot holes "as there is no money to repair it" to a 2 week wait to see a Doctor and the chance that ,my son will not have a school place locally...

RA

edit on 20-3-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Brexit is a goldmine for doom-mongering journalists. And now this. The threats.

You really have to wonder why there's so much concern. It's just a choice of how to run things. Surely everyone else has a life to get on with.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

There are no more just emotions. Sweden did extremely detailed analysis on almost ALL the implications and what this fun really means. There will be a wall between EU and UK, and that bill will be steep. And that is why Juncker is so assured to keep on pouring dirt on Brits.

That said, has not price for liberty always been steep...? It is perhaps time for the first time (in 1000 years) to fight for independency. Was not their referendum about that exactly?

edit on 20-3-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I almost chuckle at the doom mongering headlines these days, nobody actually knows what will happen, but personally I prefer optimism for our new independent future.

In an understanding slant I can absolutely see why the EU has to get a crap deal for Britain as there is a real chance other countries could follow.

It will be massively challenging in the short or medium term, only an overconfident fool would think otherwise. That said I am optimistic that the UK will overcome and eventually prosper.

The most problematic issue I see at the moment is Scotland and possibly Northern Ireland. I think Westminster needs to be passing some swift bills guaranteeing the money paid to the EU which currently gets redistributed back to them.
I think that sort of approach is the way forward.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Bring it on! I voted to stay in, but I don't mind. Britain certainly has what it takes to be a modern post colonial and empire nation. We have an ancient and huge history for a little Island. Cool!

How lovely they released the date on Dame Vera Lynn's 100th Birthday:

They lit the White Cliffs of Dover up for her. Isn't it lovely!

Happy Birthday Dame Vera! Happy Brexit, Britain!

edit on 20-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Another words they are going to try to punish Britain for leaving. They will sabatage their economy and try to destroy their people.

They sound like a fair bunch, don't they. You can't quit if you want without being cast to the sharks.

They sound more like a mob to me, I am glad the people from the UK decided to leave. I think the US should stop protecting those kind of people and get closer to the UK.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

That's the spirit

I've heard a few people who voted remain saying they now have more of a # you EU attitude since the threats started.
I see a trend forming.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

From the Daily Mail article

He also threatened that Theresa May will have to accept demands from the EU for a divorce bill

All i have to say to you Mr Junker is, what about the " Bill " you and most of Europe owe Britain for helping in your liberation in WW II ?

Two can play at that game.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Bring it on! I voted to stay in, but I don't mind. Britain certainly has what it takes to be a modern post colonial and empire nation. We have an ancient and huge history for a little Island. Cool!

How lovely they released the date on Dame Vera Lynn's 100th Birthday:

They lit the White Cliffs of Dover up for her. Isn't it lovely!

Happy Birthday Dame Vera! Happy Brexit, Britain!

I bet Dame Vera would know how to talk to that idiot Junker too

+ 1 for the birthday wishes! Hope she sells a stack of her CDs.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Did they not pay us back?
I'm aware that we eventually paid the US back but I've never really read up on money potentially owed to the UK.
I guess Google is my friend...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Juncker showed his true colours as soon as the Referendum vote was released. Punish the U.K has been the staple of his press conferences and Tusk is just as bad.

The thing about us Brits, that the rest of the World should have realised by now, is that we are a stoic and stubborn lot. Punish us, we will punish you even harder.

Bring on the Brexit.
edit on 20/3/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: Text

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

They certainly didn't pay for the thousands of lives lost by The British Military.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't think we ever sought reparations, simply because the rest of Europe were just as broke as us.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I think the way you describe it is the reason I've heard growing numbers of remain voters with an "Oh yeah, is that how you wanna play it now EU?" attitude.

Remain voters love their country as much as any leave voter, so with Brexit actually about to happen now, and threats making the EU political entity appear almost enemy like, it's no wonder they are backing Britain against them.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Dear Mr Juncker

Yours Sincerely

Alldaylong

edit on 20-3-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Dear Mr Juncker

Yours Sincerely

Alldaylong

Hehe! I'm lovin' this thread!

It's like being in the 1960s with Dame Vera and Brian about the place!

edit on 20-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Star for the laugh out loud

The EU political entity needs to be careful threatening us Brits though because if they push it too far they could just increase the numbers of people who say # you.
When enough people feel like that WTO rules could be accepted by the majority.

If WTO rules can gain public acceptance through sheer defiance against hostile threats then the EU are screwed with their own stick while we chase the carrots where we can.
edit on 20.3.2017 by grainofsand because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join