It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wondered what North Korean TV looks like? Here's an hour worth of it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

This pretty much looks identical to my experiences with the east german media i grew up with as a kid. It had a lot of nationalism and copies of shows from the forbidden west germany media. I don't even recall any cartoonshows except the east Sandman and the show was far superior to the west Sandman.

To be perfectly honest we were most of the time just playing outside and exploring the world. That part is actually one of my fondest memories. There were also barely any fights in school and pupils always helped other pupils and we respected our teachers. I had no idea that people got shot at the wall or that family members and neighbors spied on each other and one day they just disappeared forever. No questions asked.I figured that out much later when i went to school in the west. Many people of the eastern population were pretty oblivious to all the shady things that surrounded them. Seeing how Northkoreans act and present themselves whenever military is around reminds me of that all the time.
edit on 19-3-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You should do a thread about growing up in East Germany. I have many questions regarding your experiences and a thread would have helped.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the interesting idea but there are some things from that period in my life i tried to forget for decades now but maybe it is time to write them down. Granted it would be mostly from a kids perspective because like i said the horrible stuff never reached us.

Edit: I'm now considering to make my own thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

America and the rest of the world should be just like them huh! Yeap! North Korea is a perfect example of how to properly educate and inform the minds of people!

Or maybe they are both views of two different worlds that need change.

One that may need to move a bit forward and one that may need to move a bit back.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

To be perfectly honest we were most of the time just playing outside and exploring the world. That part is actually one of my fondest memories.

I saw a video last night of children in a poor mining village playing in the streets. Their joy and happiness was infectious and reminded me of my childhood.

We were very poor, but we were clueless of that fact. We played, did our chores, shared with our neighbors, and life seemed grand. Life has changed so much in the last 50+ years. There is a lot of good that comes from progress, but progress unchecked with no thought of what happens in its wake, can be disastrous.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: intrptr

Sorry, did you have anything relevant to what I said to add or...?

Yeah, If you got something to say about me, say it to my face.

Gossip is the worst.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If you really want to get into the crazy of North Korea then vice
has a documentary where the editor takes a trip there.
Since releasing this documentary the editor is now banned from North Korea.
I wonder what got him banned?
Could it be him signing Anarchy in the UK on a Karaoke Machine?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It's easy to think about how propagandized their TV programs are until you really think about U.S. television these days.

Every time I see someone's TV, it's little bits of show mixed in with so very many commercials anymore.
Yes, there's some good programs and certainly a greater element of freedom, but the shows tend to be utter crapola like Kardashians or some reality-based show. The sitcom and kid's shows have devolved into hyper-formulaic propaganda of their own type, where the kids rule and the parents are blundering failures, especially the dads.

Oh and don't forget the sports. So much sports. And the News. All controlled by a few particular companies feeding the viewer the pills of their choice.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for the liberation of the Korean people. Sadly, they have no oil so they are of little interest to the leaders of our nations. They only "liberate" countries with oil or that ones don't have their systems ran by a privately owned central bank...yet.

While I succomb to my own box being this computer, I'm so glad I haven't owned a TV with cable service for years now and will never again. Every time I see that box in someone's house it's a great reminder of everything I'm not missing out on.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It was interesting, but the psycho Catholic killing the defenseless child with the cross was a bit much... All in a day's propaganda I guess...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I sure hope you know that America also copied Godzilla
from the Japanese.

Let's see, how many countries have North Korea invaded
under the pretext of weapons of mass destruction, or
fighting against terrorism in the last 50 years compared
to America?

Appears some are still clueless America has a propaganda
program more diverse and effective than North Korea.

edit on 3/20/2017 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well I mean it's a computer screen but okay...?

It's not exactly a shadowpost, I didn't hide anything. If the shoe fits it fits, if it doesn't it doesn't. Not my fault you tried to shoehorn your way into a conversation with something irrelevant.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Appears some are still clueless America has a propaganda program more diverse and effective than North Korea.

As evidenced by the number of us parading our ermines and gems while buck naked.

It is amazing when you witness the power of the mind under remote control. I too have been a victim of media, corporate, religious control, the danger is ever present, so I have to be ever vigilant. Yet still I still often fail.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

As evidenced by the number of us parading our ermines and gems while buck naked. It is amazing when you witness the power of the mind under remote control. I too have been a victim of media, corporate, religious control, the danger is ever present, so I have to be ever vigilant. Yet still I still often fail.

Most of us have and are still victims of detrimental influences. I still seek to maintain
a positive perspective, since I detest with a passion pessimistic outlooks, but
unfortunately my understanding brings me to the conclusion the testing phase of
Remote Neural Monitoring/Manipulation Technologies (Mind Control) on TI's will
eventually serve it's purpose by being replaced with a program on ALL the populace.

I realize many courageous activist have been seeking to inform/warn the public,
but even if 100 million are informed before midnight, it would not penetrate,
nor arrest the agenda of these people.

May God have mercy on our souls.

edit on 3/21/2017 by MrBlaq because: Editing mistakes..I think

top topics

<< 1   >>

join