It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wondered what North Korean TV looks like? Here's an hour worth of it!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Interesting to see a glimpse of North Korean media

Now in order to deprogram yourself from North Korea propaganda here are two videos:

edit on 3/19/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Interesting!

I wish it had subtitles.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yah, haha to funny, the munchkins in munchkin land.

Ask yourself if you had lived in a box with no windows for more than half a century, how backward would you appear to the rest of the world?

Embargoes, sanctions, intense surveillance and even occupation by the worlds biggest super power military have been imposed on other countries like Cuba, for example.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

You do realize Team America is satire? Its a puppet show...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You know I meant that as a joke right?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Some people have a sense of humor and some people are completely devoid of anything approaching a sense of humor. Can't win em all.

ETA - do you think that last bit is from Best Korea's Got Talent?
edit on 19-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
meh, I've seen worse on CNN. I can probably watch North Korean TV all day if I was stoned, I actually caught myself finishing that first part up with those dancers in teh very beginning.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

err thanks - but as i dont have any korean linguistic skills and no context was provided for any clip [ have to wonder why your source did that ] - then its value is minimal

i could edit together 15 clips from UK tv sources - that a non english speaker would be left baffled by

for example - how would a viewer with no idea who gilbert and sullivan were interpret a clip from any of thier works [ if they dont understand one word of english ] ???

or an adpation of a dickens novel - is it meant to be drama or a documentary ???

context is everything

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Lol trying to copy us despite hating us "capitalist pigs".

Did you know Kim Jong il tried to make a copy of Godzilla?

a reply to: ignorant_ape

Not sure why. If you want to see subtitled North Korean media here is one:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

You know I meant that as a joke right?

I think you meant it both ways, depending on the response you got to this:

Now in order to deprogram yourself from North Korea propaganda here are two videos:

What propaganda dd you see in the hour of NK TV?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Brilliant , no Pop Idol or soap opera's !
Very informative , they feed their populace a mixture of culture , information and Nationalism rather than our diet of stodgy celebrity this , that or the other , it's like watching TV from the early years here.

Thanks for the video.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Some people have a sense of humor and some people are completely devoid of anything approaching a sense of humor. Can't win em all.

"Some people" justify military invasion and occupation of foreign lands, pretending its all a joke...

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Sorry, did you have anything relevant to what I said to add or...?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. What a strange set of extremes on our planet! Here in the west we have unfettered access to crazy chaotic sea of media and cross pollination of cultures. Yeah, we get lied to by our governments as well, but we are free to seek out alternate sources of information and to express our disagreement.

I read a fascinating book several years ago: " Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea" by journalist Barbara Demick. Very well researched and readable - she tells the different stories of six North Koreans during a 15 year time period. They had each managed to escape by various means. Disturbed me on many levels - Recommended reading.

PS --- the stage performances in the video you share are like a bad Lawrence Welk Show performed by Stepford women and children in uniforms.... shudder
edit on 19-3-2017 by SeaYote because: typo

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

OMG! They still use Jack legs in mining over there!
Todays mines are drilled by completely automated drills. You upload the blast design to the computer and send the drill on its merry way.
Bada bing your ready to load and blast!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
No nudity, no sex, no same sex couples, on their TV. I guess they will remain backwards and pathetic until their entire culture catches up and is dominated by distractions, titillations, and the constant desiring of what they don't have or what other have that they don't.

Of course, there are those that have access to the internet. They will get there soon enough.

edit on 19-3-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Accidentally posted prematurely.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

America and the rest of the world should be just like them huh! Yeap! North Korea is a perfect example of how to properly educate and inform the minds of people!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

please actually address what i wrote

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well I did tried to find more context, I couldn't find anything.

In fact your gonna need a Korean speaker here.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I wonder what that white stuff they were mining was.

The workers seem pretty straight faced, the dancers are pretty good. The Dino looked real fake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join