It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ET intelligence has responded to a transmission we sent in 1974!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Bogus, how would the aliens understand it?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The fact that anybody took this seriously at all is worth the time clicking on the link

I mean, seriously, the alien message sounds like something a 15-year old wrote for his Star Trek fanfic. How the hell did they know our planet was named "Earth"?

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Esoterica]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Another thing, did anyone else bother to think about the address it contains "psyops", it looks to me as if it was made to mess with UFO lovers, heads.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The only thing sure about the crop circles is that they are not made by local drunks but are of some unknown inteligent origin. This has been proven by studying the sacred geometry that is embedded in them and its all too f#%$
amazing to be made by humans, at least on this scale. The crop circle researchers agree with the fact it is not natural phenomenon. The proof of this lies in the fact that the complexity of the circles has at some point surpassed the designs that you would find in nature (ice crystals and such). Also, not a well known fact is, the positions of circles many times is in alignment with the stonehedge and other arheological artefacts. What exactly is the point of this nobody knows, but i think the logical conclusion would be, that even in the ancient times these circles appeared, and old celtic druids marked the position by placing huge stones where the circles were.

I could write a whole essay here on the subject, but i would suggest to those that are interested in more than ridiculing everything they cant comprehend, to check the movie CROP CIRCLES: QUEST FOR TRUTH from 2002 which is more than filled with actual facts about the circles. After watching this all i can say is

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Esoterica.....you are quick to judge and quick to think you have found this to be fake because of the verbiage used...and that the aliens called this place "Earth." If you read the headline on the site you would have read that it says we "Decoded" their message...which means we would decode it into our language....and if it sounds childish to you, well, how easy would it be to decode something that came from an ET life form? So, it was "decoded" in simple language....and whoever "decoded" it used the word Earth because that's what WE call this planet.

Maybe pay attention to what you're reading before you express your opinion.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It seems incredible unlikely that we could decode this as fully as surposedly we have.

Also, assuming it was telepathicly sent like it said on the site (may have misunderstood) then that would be sent in thoughts so therefore be in our language anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
It seems incredible unlikely that we could decode this as fully as surposedly we have.

We couldn't even figure out Heiroglyphics without the Rosetta stone. An alien language would be orders of magnitude more difficult. Hell, we have trouble decoding scret messages that are in earthbound languages.

Also, assuming it was telepathicly sent like it said on the site (may have misunderstood) then that would be sent in thoughts so therefore be in our language anyway.

And why would that be, because that's how it works on science fiction?

Originally posted by Zabilgy
Esoterica.....you are quick to judge and quick to think you have found this to be fake because of the verbiage used...and that the aliens called this place "Earth." If you read the headline on the site you would have read that it says we "Decoded" their message...which means we would decode it into our language....and if it sounds childish to you, well, how easy would it be to decode something that came from an ET life form? So, it was "decoded" in simple language....and whoever "decoded" it used the word Earth because that's what WE call this planet.

Maybe pay attention to what you're reading before you express your opinion.

Read the above reply. The idea that we would be able to decode this into any semblence of English is amazing. There are languaged on Earth that don't even use the same rules of grammar as English, the odds of an alien language even being comprehensible is far-fetched.

And telepathic hyperspace messages that can be picked up by radio telescopes? This is science fiction, man. I see no reason at all to believe this.

You're quick to jump to conclusions that this is any more than a hoax.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
esoterica.....I never said I believed it to be true or untrue. It just makes for an interesting debate is all. I hardly know anything about it. But by posting it and getting all these responses, one learns a great deal.....There are many ways to educate oneself.....

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

And why would that be, because that's how it works on science fiction?

Telepathy is mind reading or something to that effect. So if it is thoughts being sent then surely taht wouldn't be in any language. Like me thinking about a tree and some guy from China doing the same, we are both still thinking about the same thing, that never changes.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by shorty]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join