It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ET intelligence has responded to a transmission we sent in 1974!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
An extraterrestial humanoid intelligence (ET) seems to have responded to our 1974 deep space transmission of a coded message describing earth and mankind. And their reply has now been decoded . . .

Full info can be found at: www.eionews.addr.com...

Very interesting indeed. What does everyone think? Is this true or some kind of hoax??

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i think this picture has been discussed on here before.... try doing a borlean search.

(im not sure but i think it is a hoax) i oculd be wrong though

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
For sometime this big wouldn't the media be all over it? Sorry, I'm not buying it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It doesnt really matter if it is a hoax or not. The message will never see the public anyways. If it is a hoax it will be played off as a hoax. If it is true, it will be played off as a hoax.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Blind....good point!!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
At first glance the header of the page says 24-27th August, 2001. I think if it were true we would of had heard more about it by now.
I'll have to look around on it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

However we have a slightly different DNA structure

slightly?

bull poo

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Aside from the fact that this story just sounds fake, it's from 2001. IMO, if it was remotely true, it would have made a bit more stir don't ya think?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
At first glance the header of the page says 24-27th August, 2001. I think if it were true we would of had heard more about it by now.
I'll have to look around on it.

Haha! You beat me to it Umbrax

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
....and also, the TEXT part of the message doesn't appear ANYWHERE,.....nowhere in any of the crop images,....not on a note left at the scene,.......not in a radio transmission. It's a first person description of the differences between the 2 images. Somebody LITERALLY made up the verbal "translation". I have to qualify my answer by saying that I don't believe in telepathy. And anyway, it would be psychokenisis wouldn't it? Crop circles, images, what have you have a dubious record to begin with. And as others have said, there remains the 4 year old age of the article.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by spike]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Quote: Article "We too are a hydrocarbon lifeform." well that should interest bush and the republicans (hydrocarbon = oil for those of you that dont know)

Edit: Still an interesting read

[edit on 1/2/2005 by Paladin327]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
"we are smaller than you, with large heads"

large heads sounds wrong. their heads might be larger than ours or they might be large compared to their small bodies. Either way, it is rather vague in a description that mentions dna as a differing factor. The large head comment sounds like someone saying what they think the alien would say.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What would the media say? A new crop circle is a possible message from aliens? Besides, the media, as you well know, it tightly conditioned against delivering news of this kind.

Like Blind said, it would be reported as a hoax either way. Or simply not reported, as is the case most often.

AHAHA just because you don't believe in telepathy doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'm afraid that a vast portion of the human race "believes" in it...and 100% of it uses telepathy every moment of their existence.

Whether this crop formation is real or not can be found out very quickly. Crop formations in England are very well-analyzed every year. And it's always easy to distinguish a real formation from an obvious hoax just by looking at the aerial image...and if that's still confusing, a description of the crop lay will be enough to provide a conclusion.

I've seen this formation in several books before, but never in conjunction with this translation...or any translation. But yes, it's not an unknown crop formation, just a rather old one - hence the lack of talk about it. Hundreds upon hundreds of formations have been created since it.

As for the validity of the message's transmission, well, as has been said already "it has been literally made up", so we'll have to keep that in mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
theyre just interpreting the picture. There is a stickman with a large head on the crop circle-square picture.
I saw this a year ago. Quite amazing considering the size it was made on dont you think. But what bothers me with this one is that its not straight, at least not looking at the pictures. Alien error?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i dont buy it either

simply because the 'translation' is inconsistant

we have just recently mapped our DNA sequence fully...Genome Project

than how would the ET's know "their DNA is slightly different than ours"???

seriously ive struck a chord here
the message was sent in 1970s
we didnt have a map of our DNA back then

so basically its all a hoax made by someone who doesnt know history very well at all

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
flash...just because we didn't have the proper DNA info in the 1970's doesnt' mean an intelligent race couldn't have learned the knowledge of our DNA structure on their own...hell, they have supposedly been visiting here forever and abducting people and probing them....if this stuff is to be believed, then why couldn't they have deduced our DNA structure themselves??

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is from quite some time ago. Its a crop circle alteration of the message sent, implying the number of planets and the chemical makeup of the aliens (silicon based of all things). Carl Sagan was involved in creating the original message, and also the rejection of this crop circle response, i beleive.

There is nothing in it that is inherently credible. The message the US sent was publicaly available. The response is a weird redoing of it. If they wanted to make contact, it'd have to be less cryptic than responding in a medium that has been proven to be full, if not completely composed of, hoaxsters.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Cassiopaeans claim that this is an authentic crop circle.

Note that on the original diagram Earth is singled out by placing it slightly above the row of planets beside our Sun, so that there is a gap where Earth is supposed to be, whereas on the crop-circle version of the diagram this removal from the row of planets is done differently: three of the planets --Earth, Mars and Jupiter-- are removed and placed side by side above the level of the row, and, furthermore, Jupiter is shown as a circle of four dots, which immediately suggests that these are the four Galilean moons. This would be indicating that life can be found on all these places that have been thus grouped together. It is as though they were saying: "No, not only Earth, but these other five places too."

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Interesting, however would would of made it more interesting was if they told us which galaxy,moon, and the two planets were and there location numbers.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't see how they could've conveyed that information easily. All their information had to be displayed by slightly modifying the original message, and they realized that they could tell us something about our own Solar System by doing so, if my interpretation is correct. Moreover, wouldn't you, as a scientist, or simply the man in the street, want to know this --the presence of life forms elsewhere in our own immediate neighborhood-- rather than what you suggest?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join