It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The German Super Baby

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Why he is so strong?

Superman Lives

In 1999, a former professional sprinter gave birth to a bouncing baby boy in Berlin, Germany. For the past 4 years the baby boy has had a somewhat normal life - that is until researchers found out about him.

Researchers are not releasing much information and the family wishes to remain private. What they will say is that the boy is able to hold weights weighing nearly 10 pounds out to his side with his arms completely extended. Most adults have trouble doing this with half that weight. At 4 years old, the boy is extremely muscular displaying bulging calves and biceps. His muscle mass is twice that of normal 4 year old children and his fat content one half as much. He is as near a perfect specimen of man as you can possibly get.

Why he is so strong?

Researchers have explained that the superhuman strength is the result of a mutated gene that is intended to restrict the production of myostatin. Myostatin, in the human body, limits the growth of muscles. In rare cases, one copy may be mutated producing extremely powerfully built people. The boys mother, father, uncle, and 3 other close relatives all have mutated copies and are know to be very muscular and extremely strong. In the boys case, it is even stranger - he has both copies of the DNA segment mutated, something scientists have never seen before. The result - a human that may grow to enormous proportions with the ability to lift extreme amounts of weight and possibly run faster than any human to date.

Researchers had already known that myostatin restricts muscle growth and knew that drugs limiting its production would produce super mice. Such super mice had been created in early 1997. Researchers are happy to report that the boy is perfectly healthy right now but fear that he may suffer heart or other ailments as he grows older.

Info found at: www.spartechsoftware.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the link... There have been some instances of whole families of athletes "blessed" with myostatin deficiency: I remember at very least one Finnish family of long-distance runners and skiers, but I can't get a hold of the name. At least one body builder in the 70s (some say either A. Schwarzeneger or L. Ferrigno) had also myostatin deficiency. Right now there studies to breed a new species of cattle with very low levels of myostatin-producing genes, to get a less fat and more ample supply of meat. I'll look into it a bit.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Actually the existence of myostatin and its effects are directly attributable to Belgian farmers. For many generations they selectively bred Belgian Blue cattle. The bigger and more muscled animals wer continually crossbred with each other to produce more massive offspring. Eventaully the breed was refered to as "double muscled" Belgian Blue.
www.ultimate-exercise.com...
fig.cox.miami.edu...
fig.cox.miami.edu...

Studies and experiments have been conducted at John's Hopkins on one particualar bodybuilder named Flex Wheeler. His claims of being natural have been given ore credibility since the discovery that he posseses a mutation of the myostatin gene.

I would throw out there the idea that this child is the direct result of possible Nazi era experimentation. Coincidental it may be but to be the only known instance of possessing both copies of the mutant gene is rather intriguing.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
why is he so strong ?

hmm..I'm gonna go with..Researchers have explained that the superhuman strength is the result of a mutated gene that is intended to restrict the production of myostatin. Myostatin, in the human body, limits the growth of muscles

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I used the article about this boy to make a few speculations about the nazi "super soldier" program during WWII.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was thinking about this Genetic egineering to make "super soldiers" when I read about the super boy in germany with "genetically mutated genes". If this boy is the grandson of successfully engineered "super soldier" babies. They already claim that the boys mother has one mutated gene and the boy has two. So lets follow this scenario...

Two babies genetically engineered in WWII grow up and have children. They pass one of those genes on to each of their children. Their children get together and each one passes a gene onto this baby. Now with two genes, this baby is the fruition of the Nazi "Super Soldier".

Just a thought...

Basically He could be the grandson of two of the original failed "super soldiers". Since they were all males they would have to have married and produced offspring that they passed one mutated strain to and then two of those children would have to marry and produce a child with two mutated strains.

Phae

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Interesting connection with Germany "superman" programs.....I've also read that similar experiments have gone on in this country. I read an account by a gentleman on this site claiming to be one such "super human" but a lot of his story seemed more like a story he'd write to Penthouse letters where he decribes how women in the program were using him as a sex slave.....either he was telling the truth and just making the story more interesting with some made up parts or he was just plain lying about the whole thing.

Whatever....interesting topic none-the-less!!

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Changeling, thanks for the links! That's just what I had in mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
G'day.
Not really adding much to the conversation, but my father and I both have the "superbaby" mutation. severe myostatin deficiency. My father's bones are near unbreakable and he became locally famous after lifting a minivan.
His strength is comparable to between 3 and 5 normal men and his strength peaked at about the age of 40. His brother Joseph is suspected of having the mutation aswell.
Our muscles grow at incredible rates, but dont grow much larger. The muscle fibre packs tightly- so tightly in fact that they tear under their own strength, causing us to suddenly collapse for no apparrent reason with massive muscle tears.
We have body fat of >1% and abnormal muscle definition.
You talk of this german baby as if he is the strongest of us.my father once jokingly held a washing machine in his outstretched arm, obviously considerably more than this 10 lb from the 4 yr old.

I don't know what we are really capable of, but I can tell you from experience that myostatin deficiency is not always a benefit. The constant pain from muscle growth and the inevitable tears that follow are horrendous and it is suspected that the huge muscle mass presses on our blood vessels, forcing blood pressure up and making our hearts less effective.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wow Kangarooistan man, thanks for the personal insight. I hope you find our other forums intersesting too. You said that the muscles aren't necessarily bigger, they just can form very quickly?

Do you and your dad weight train, or would it be too much?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wow finally. I tell you i have been interested in this since i have read a article about it in the science journal or something.

Oh yea her is the German boy

isn’t he just the cutes little superhuman you have ever seen

I actually wrote a little threat on this and about the mrl mice. Its actually interesting you guys should check it out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now this has been going on for a while. I have tried to stay current with this. I have come up with a actual theory on how to produce this mutation/superhuman and it is actually not even that complex. Just take 2 athletes and make them reproduce in two generations or so you will have the mutation. Now don’t think that just because some has this mutation they are perfect. Just like Kangarooistan man there are some problems. also Kangarooistan man are there any heart problems that you and your father may have, Severe myostatin deficiency results in more of the muscle growth in the heart h which can put more strain on it and possibly lead to Sevier problems.

Also i would like to know if you guys have been actually working out or do the muscles just grow by themselves?

Here are some pics of what the mutation does and looks like:

lol

scientist have thought that this also can combat Muscular Dystrophy, but now they are saying it cant and can make muscular dystrophy even more lethal for some reason.

Some drug companies have also tried to create drugs that athletes can use. Most have shown to be ineffective.

It is also said that just like with the mrl, and mighty mice. That if for example, someone was to take a blood sample of Kangarooistan man blood. They could then inject themselves with it and give themselves the mutation.

Also it makes me sad for some reason. I like to train in fact I am interested in mma. I would love to have ur strength. But even with all my training it will never seem to be able to happen or compare to your strength. One thing is for sure, I will try to get into genetics to learn more about this and if can correct some problems that are shown when having myostatin deficiency.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by ATSGUY]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Is this something that is important to test for? My oldest son is like this. At nine months old, two weeks after he started walking, he picked up a 10lbs bag of patatos and carried accross the kitchen floor. His thighs at a year old were as big as mine and solid as as brick. Now he is nine, and even the neighbors are in awe when he goes out without a shirt on because he is as built as a perfectly fit man. We always knew he was abnormally strong, but I didnt know that there could have been a reason like mutation. Do I need to worry or have him checked?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangarooistan man

Pics or it isnt true.

Originally posted by mrsdudara

Pics or it isnt true.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
mrsdudara, i think that if you didnt have him checked out you should do so. Like i said before and like Kangarooistan man said, in the future there will possibly be heart problems.Try to also see if anyone in your family was also very strong. And try to look on the bright side, when he grows up and goes to high school he will be a MVP in sports

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
German Super Baby @ 25:

Damn... hehe

[edit on 16-1-2006 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
thats freakin me out!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Bah my pic got removed, here it is again:

Just something to think about... hehe

[edit on 17-1-2006 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh my freaken god...is that humanly possible..or is it just photoshop...who is that thats unreal.

(i fell of the chair)

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
First of all, OMG
eeeeewwwww ... I do think it is photoshopped though. It has to be.
Second of all, is that a balloon in his g string?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i wonder what kind of tank that man drives....

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
haha a balloon that looks like a bball... i still think it photoshoped...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join