It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano: Obama used British spies for Trump wiretap caper

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Now THAT is a conspiracy theory...

Could be totally boll ocks but it's a good one at least...

ETA: sillyolme, you said: "I could show you where pieces of the dossier puzzle are falling into place too but until that is presented as evidence to congress it's just my theory."

I would be interested to hear that theory also.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb

I sincerely hope that this is proven false and that Britain has had no involvement in this, in any way. I fear it would be a matter of great national shame if it were to be proven true.

I totally get where you're coming from and appreciate your sentiments, we don't know the circumstances surrounding the transfer of data. It could have been completely routine -- just grunts following orders from above.

I might be a little biased since my dad was from Ireland and half my family lives in Britain...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This is not a report. It's an op-ed. It's uncorroberated. It's a straw man.
Yes those agencies are real. Yes we share information.
The assumption is that Obama utilized these relationships to influence the election.
When that line of inquiry is presented as evidence in the hearing next week it will carry a lot more weight.
Until then it's just another theory presented by another infotainer.
I could show you where pieces of the dossier puzzle are falling into place too but until that is presented as evidence to congress it's just my theory.

I understand that you're desperately hoping your boy is not involved in this as described, but he has a long history of spying on his adversaries starting with his Senate run in 2004. Added to that, there is a considerable amount of evidence at this point to indicate something was going on -- all of which comes back around to the Obama Regime.

Personally, knowing what I know about Obama, I think he's in this up to his nether regions.
edit on 14-3-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has no legacy other than failure.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What he did was declassify all that he could about Russia's influence on the election and distributed as much as he could to other nations who's elections may be at risk. And yes part of his motive was that trump might try try to hide the info based on his affinity for Putin. It was a logical move given the circumstances as they were at the time.
Of course this assumes acceptance that Russia influenced the election. I imagine they will present as much evidence to support this as they can next week.
This also assumes that someone actually seeks the truth and not just exoneration of their "side" at all costs.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

edit on 3142017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thinking on this further:

I think that this issue has become absolutely pivotal for Donald Trump's government.

Trump has completely backed himself into a corner here.

If he produces evidence of the wrongdoing he has claimed, then it will be an ENORMOUS boost to his credibility. It will vindicate him and his team and there will be absolutely NO WAY that the media or anyone else would be able to spin this as anything other. It would be huge for him.

Winning. Bigly.

Conversely, if he fails to back up any of his claims, if there is not a shred of evidence, after making this such a huge public deal, then his credibility will be in tatters. The media will have a field day (and probably justifiably to some extent) and faith in him will be severely undermined. I'm not sure he would live it down.

If I may be allowed to mix my metaphors momentarily; he either comes out swinging or he's dead in the water.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This is not a report. It's an op-ed. It's uncorroberated. It's a straw man.
Yes those agencies are real. Yes we share information.
The assumption is that Obama utilized these relationships to influence the election.
When that line of inquiry is presented as evidence in the hearing next week it will carry a lot more weight.
Until then it's just another theory presented by another infotainer.
I could show you where pieces of the dossier puzzle are falling into place too but until that is presented as evidence to congress it's just my theory.

I agree iwth you actually.

This theory holds no more or less credibility than the theories of Trump collduing with russians.

Yet that russian theory has been pushed nonstop by dems and their media lapdogs, has influenced every cabinet conformation, and has been used by some to even call Trump a traitor and demand his impeachement.

Why are these groups so voracious when it comes to that theory, but mock the theory presented in the OP?

Could it be that they are not interested in the truth, but instead are just interested in their team winning?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What I'm surprised about is that anybody actually believes this B.S.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
Thinking on this further:

I think that this issue has become absolutely pivotal for Donald Trump's government.

Trump has completely backed himself into a corner here.

If he produces evidence of the wrongdoing he has claimed, then it will be an ENORMOUS boost to his credibility. It will vindicate him and his team and there will be absolutely NO WAY that the media or anyone else would be able to spin this as anything other. It would be huge for him.

Winning. Bigly.

Conversely, if he fails to back up any of his claims, if there is not a shred of evidence, after making this such a huge public deal, then his credibility will be in tatters. The media will have a field day (and probably justifiably to some extent) and faith in him will be severely undermined. I'm not sure he would live it down.

If I may be allowed to mix my metaphors momentarily; he either comes out swinging or he's dead in the water.

I think there is a third and much more likely option.

That is that some of Trump accusations will be proven, but there will not be 100% proof that obama personally did anything wrong. And so the anti trumpers will ignore any wrongdoing coming from the Obama admin, and pro trump people will continue to hate Obama.

And the beat will go on.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

I do not know how to do any more that cut and paste hyperlinks I'm pathetically technically challenged. It would be an arduous task to compile what I have and I got in trouble pasting content incorrectly already.
It would also require that you've read the entire dossier and not just the ahem "juicy" parts lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes, you're probably right there. I find it incredibly wearying; the constant partisan bickering, baiting and jibes.
If we could just realise that we all pretty much want the same things at the base of it, that we all have our own thoughts and opinions and that, from wherever you are standing, your point of view is only as valid as any other, we might just start to make some headway.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm not desperately hoping anything. Tomorrow I still get up and have my toast and coffee regardless.
Summers calling and so is the beach.
If it turns out that Obama's a lying bastard and he's going to jail doesn't change anything with me but the conversation. What do you think I'm going to do? Start cutting myself or some other form of flagellation?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CubbieFan
What I'm surprised about is that anybody actually believes this B.S.

Hey -- this is Barack Hussein Obama we're talking about. He's got a long and established record of spying on opponents.

Personally, I have no doubt that this is mostly, if not completely true.

Obama was desperate to protect what little legacy he leaves office with and doesn't want opponents looking into his laughably-sketchy past.

It's as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

What do you think I'm going to do? Start cutting myself or some other form of flagellation?

Jesus! I hope not...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Nailed it.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

See you made me laugh.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The whole "dossier" has been proven fake.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm going to insert this here because I think it factors into the Obama spying charges...

Obama spends $36 million hiding records in 2016

That's TAXPAYER money, folks.

What were/are they hiding...?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If it was true ( Which it is not) Obama was doing it to protect the American people from an obviously mentally ill, corrupt, sycophantic dictator. But its not true cause as always trump has not one piece of evidence.

Every word that comes out of trumps mouth is a lie and not even a good one. He just knows his followers will believe whatever he said blindly. Its truly scary.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I do not know how to do any more that cut and paste hyperlinks I'm pathetically technically challenged. It would be an arduous task to compile what I have and I got in trouble pasting content incorrectly already.
It would also require that you've read the entire dossier and not just the ahem "juicy" parts lol.

Fair enough, shame though as i'm genuinely interested to hear alternative theories as to what may be going on.
I for one certainly haven't made my mind up and won't until there's a bit more to go on. In the meantime, it's fun to speculate

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join