It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Flat Earth" does't even work in science fiction, but you believe this malarchy????????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Advantage
Op... you MUST read this.

Flat Earth

That tried to get going here but died an immediate and well-deserved death.

Argh.. Darn it. Its priceless... and amazing to think someone would stand behind the whole idea of that there are no real forests on Flat Earth!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Argh.. Darn it. Its priceless... and amazing to think someone would stand behind the whole idea of that there are no real forests on Flat Earth!

You DO know that the original guy thinks the reason you can find fossils...is that all life on Earth was silicon based at one point? He calls it "the silicon age". Actually.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'll be checking those out.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Oh, god...

Someone posted a thread about that here two'ish years ago, or so...

It got, deservedly, short shrift. Devils Tower is a tree trunk, apparently. Or some such twaddle...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Advantage

Oh, god...

Someone posted a thread about that here two'ish years ago, or so...

It got, deservedly, short shrift. Devils Tower is a tree trunk, apparently. Or some such twaddle...

Yep.. thats the one!! LOL!! And still its in (some) Flat Earthers unquestionable authoritative truths...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I'll be checking those out.

Do "Johnny and the Dead" while you're at it. My kids got the Johnny Maxwell trilogy and my entire discworld collection as yoots.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yep.. thats the one!! LOL!! And still its in (some) Flat Earthers unquestionable authoritative truths...

The concept of mineral crystallization and fracturing along crystalline planes seems to baffle them re basalt columns.

There's a lot of "if it looks like x, then somehow it is x" reasoning, something which one associates with preschoolers, in the flat earther group.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Yeah, I remember several pages of it during that fiasco of a thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

The concept of mineral crystallization and fracturing along crystalline planes seems to baffle them re basalt columns.

There's a lot of "if it looks like x, then somehow it is x" reasoning, something which one associates with preschoolers, in the flat earther group.

Im beginning to think the one poster got it correct.. maybe they have a spatial issue. Theyre sure fervent about it...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

multiple Earths in a Klemplerer rosette.

Ah...thanks...
I forgot all about the Rosette. I haven't read much Hard sci-fi recently

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Upside Down (2012)
www.imdb.com...

Adam and Eden fell in love as teens despite the fact that they live on twinned worlds with gravities that pull in opposite directions. Ten years after a forced separation, Adam sets out on a dangerous quest to reconnect with his love.

Great movie

Very good. I remember that trailer, but never got to see it. Looks like it belongs on my 'complete dystopian films list'.

At the end of the trailer it shows the worlds as round.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Upside Down (2012)
www.imdb.com...

Adam and Eden fell in love as teens despite the fact that they live on twinned worlds with gravities that pull in opposite directions. Ten years after a forced separation, Adam sets out on a dangerous quest to reconnect with his love.

Great movie

Very good. I remember that trailer, but never got to see it. Looks like it belongs on my 'complete dystopian films list'.

At the end of the trailer it shows the worlds as round.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If the Earth is flat , explain the following

Polar days/nights
Why Polaris can't be seen from the southern hemisphere.
The Coriolis effect.
Satellite navigation.

The flat Earth theory is groundless and usually supported by extremely ill-educated people.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Dark City. Well, it's not Earth, but it is a flat world.

I'm not arguing for flat Earthers (I don't believe in a flat Earth), but those asking why the water doesn't fall off the edge ... isn't it believed that Antarctica is actually the outer frozen edge of the Earth? Therefore the water never falls off the edge.

Flat Earth Wiki, pic half way down the page

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Go watch the runway. Airplanes get higher as they approach for landing. Are they coming out of the inner earth? Or maybe the earth is rounded..

Its that simple to prove to a child. For an adult, math class should have done the trick.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
Go watch the runway. Airplanes get higher as they approach for landing. Are they coming out of the inner earth? Or maybe the earth is rounded..

Its that simple to prove to a child. For an adult, math class should have done the trick.

Wouldn't that be a simple matter of perspective, though?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
the movie "The Signal" is also flat earth

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
People with the mentality to perpetuate "Flat Earth" are the same ilk as those on social media that like to make up false news and wild hoaxes. They have been here all along, but in the past they were the ones that made up stories in the newspapers and many wrote stories for the National Enquirer. They get off on arguing things that they themselves probably do not believe, but enjoy the reactions of pissing people off.

The difference today is we have a system that provides them instant gratification. The more people that rant about their bull#, the happier they are. Psych 101.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
2 words : Missing curvature .

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

oh i can play the " two words game " too :

scientific illiteracy

willfull ignorance

deliberate dishonesty

malicious trolling

fooking retards