It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Rand Paul Introduces Tulsi Gabbard’s “Stop Arming Terrorists Act” in Senate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Good news as far as I am concerned. If there ever was a democrat I could get behind and support it is Tulsi Gabbard.. Shame we can't trade Pelosi for her in the party leadership roll.

This week, U.S. Senator Rand Paul introduced the Stop Arming Terrorists Act (S. 532) to prevent American taxpayers’ money from being used to directly or indirectly support armed militants who are allied with or often working under the command of al-Qaeda, ISIS, or other terrorist groups. The legislation serves as a companion bill to H.R. 608, which Representative Tulsi Gabbard (HI-2) reintroduced in January.

“One of the unintended consequences of nation-building and open-ended intervention is American funds and weapons benefiting those who hate us,” said Dr. Paul. “This legislation will strengthen our foreign policy, enhance our national security, and safeguard our resources.”

www.activistpost.com...
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

There are many videos of her speaking... Yep I like her plus after the democratic party screwed Bernie I think she really got pissed... over the shenanigans that were pulled... She is a Major in the Hawaiian national guard and spent three tours in the Mid-East.. A woman of honor IMO.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

This week, U.S. Senator Rand Paul introduced the Stop Arming Terrorists Act (S. 532) to prevent American taxpayers’ money from being used to directly or indirectly support armed militants

Stop arming terrorists,lol. We just gave them an Oscar.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What president armed terrorists other than Obama?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

All of them since Truman, depending on the definition of terrorist.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

NATO is the largest terrorist organization on the planet.

Oh wait, no its the commies.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Ohanka

NATO is the largest terrorist organization on the planet.

Oh wait, no its the commies.

The answer is D, all of the above.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Just seems like common sense, but agree we have been severely lacking that for a good while. I say anyone that has ever been involved in arming terrorists past or future should be prosecuted for war crimes.

ETA: meant as a reply to Ohanka.
edit on 12-3-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yeah but if we don't arm them then they will really, really hate us instead of just hating us.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm sure this legislation will change nothing...even before WW2 Bushs grandfather was arming Hitlers brownshirts...
dont you yanks have the existing....

wiki

Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917. The Trading with the Enemy Act (TWEA) of 1917 (40 Stat. 411, enacted 6 October 1917, codified at 12 U.S.C. §§ 95a–95b and 50 U.S.C. App. §§ 1–44) is a United States federal law to restrict trade with countries hostile to the United States.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: 727Sky

I'm sure this legislation will change nothing...even before WW2 Bushs grandfather was arming Hitlers brownshirts...
dont you yanks have the existing....

wiki

Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917. The Trading with the Enemy Act (TWEA) of 1917 (40 Stat. 411, enacted 6 October 1917, codified at 12 U.S.C. §§ 95a–95b and 50 U.S.C. App. §§ 1–44) is a United States federal law to restrict trade with countries hostile to the United States.

Yep as she said in one of her videos if we aided and abetted/tried to arm someone designated a terrorist we would be at club fed probably for the rest of our lives... Evidently that does not apply to certain agencies with the national security umbrella of invincibility against prosecution.

I find it hard to believe with Libya, Afghanistan, and Iraq there are still those who want and support regime change in Syria..

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
After the fact we are escalating troops in Syria. We are there til the end now. Gazillions for the war machines. Just gotta keep tearing down all American institutions to pay for the invasion.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Which one didn't is the question. You may be too young for this but Reagan was actually caught arming terrorists he just forgot about it so Oliver north took the fall. Reagan literally traded arms to Iran for hostages in Lebanon during an arms embargo.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Reagan was all about arms and coke.

His legacy: the human and drug trafficking that we see in Latin America today.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
If there ever was a democrat I could get behind and support it is Tulsi Gabbard.

And this ☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝ doesn't raise every red flag in your bag'o'tricks??

Another Manchurian Candidate from a state as Liberal as Hawaii??

Sorry ... that she's being groomed is scary obvious.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

This one comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
why do we even need a law like this?

didn`t the founding fathers already cover this? it`s called treason.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: 727Sky
If there ever was a democrat I could get behind and support it is Tulsi Gabbard.

And this ☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝ doesn't raise every red flag in your bag'o'tricks??

Another Manchurian Candidate from a state as Liberal as Hawaii??

Sorry ... that she's being groomed is scary obvious.

Yes she seems to have quite a few of her boxes checked for advancement.... But gosh Snarl who would you rather have her or Clinton ? I know neither one but you have to admit she is well spoken and certainly looks better... Besides if she were to run she will probably change parties if she is smart IMO...hahahah

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's good to try to keep tax dollars from being used to arm terrorists, but it's not really going to stop them, CIA and whoever else, from arming them. They just have to get more creative with their funding sources, think the whole Iran-Contra thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: luthier

Reagan was all about arms and coke.

His legacy: the human and drug trafficking that we see in Latin America today.

But....say no to drugs. Say yes to private prisons.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sure, on the face of it, this is a no-brainer. But given the snake pit that is the middle east, one can be assured that there is a particular aim to this legislation that has not yet made itself apparent. And I'll bet you that when this legislation comes into play, we are gonna get some surprises...and not all good ones! This just reeks of sleight-of-hand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join