It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Rand Paul Introduces Tulsi Gabbard’s “Stop Arming Terrorists Act” in Senate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Yes she seems to have quite a few of her boxes checked for advancement.... But gosh Snarl who would you rather have her or Clinton ? I know neither one but you have to admit she is well spoken and certainly looks better... Besides if she were to run she will probably change parties if she is smart IMO...hahahah

Because Clinton was Clinton ... we were able to keep her out of office. Where was it you said 0bama came from? LOL

And that thing about switching parties ... the numbers of 'converts to conservatism' is astonishing.
‘Hundreds of Thousands’ of Democrats Have Switched Registration in OH and PA

Wiki List of Politicians
Why voters continue to let these shenanigans occur just breaks my b...s. I won't vote for a party switcher.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
What president armed terrorists other than Obama?

All of them since Truman, depending on the definition of terrorist.

NATO is the largest terrorist organization on the planet.

Oh wait, no its the commies.

The answer is D, all of the above.

Thats the excuse empires always use. The red menace never existed.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Our citizens should get behind these two bills and make sure they pass. Terrorists do not follow humanitarian rules. We have to follow rules of war, they don't. They kill way more innocent citizens and also they force the military that try to get them out to kill way more innocent citizens of the countries they are in.

Our country has been funding and supplying terrorists for many years, we need to stop this immoral action.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yea, she's a real humdinger, that one. You can learn more about her at:
www.theatlantic.com...

And she's apparently quite pro-Muslim:
www.votetulsi.com...

But wait, there's MORE........she made a secret trip to Syria and met with Assad!
thehill.com...

Sounds like she's a Great American!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
What president armed terrorists other than Obama?

Most of them in my lifetime, though Obama did it the most. The bill doesnt go far enough imo. Should also cut off money to countries that support terrorists, like Saudi Arabia e.g.

This bill would be a good start though no way it becomes law.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The fact this bill is being introduced is a massive step forward. The very suggestion that the US was a state sponsor of terrorism would have been met with the sternest of denials not so long ago.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Not really a big step.

Its more about the current GOP controlled machine doing all they can to rebuke the prior regime. Not that there isn't plenty to hate about the whole Obama/Hillary/Reid/Pelosi crown, it would be nice if prior laws were given some play rather than grandstanding with a redundancy to something that has been around for 100 years almost exactly.

If this sort of thing makes sense today, it surely made sense prior to today. In one way or another, using one agency or another, our government has been selling/trading/shipping drugs, arms, and people for quite awhile. If you cant pay for it with taxes, then you have to pay for it with cash earned on the black market. Reagan was caught doing this. Alzheimers apparently was well timed for him. Im sure he never even got an Oscar for his final, award winning performance at Capital Hill.
edit on 3/12/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not really a big step.

Its more about the current GOP controlled machine doing all they can to rebuke the prior regime.

Wouldn't matter if it's a jab at the prior admin because they did arm terrorists, can we not agree it's extremely important not to be arming terrorists, or have we become that desensitized we no longer care?
edit on 12/3/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

But wait, there's MORE........she made a secret trip to Syria and met with Assad!
thehill.com...

Sounds like she's a Great American!

What's wrong with that?

John McCain constantly meets with Islamic terrorists and Fascists across the world and nobody bats an eyelid. But Tulsi Gabbard can't meet a man who is President of a country that's been fighting Islamist terrorists for 6 years?
edit on -050008pm3kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Yea, she's a real humdinger, that one. You can learn more about her at:
www.theatlantic.com...

What's wrong with the fact that she's Hindu?

And she's apparently quite pro-Muslim:
www.votetulsi.com...

The topic of this thread is that she wants to stop arming Islamic Terrorists...

Aloha. Namaste. Salam Alaikum.

Thank you for inviting me to be with you as we all come together from different faiths and spiritual paths to stand in solidarity for freedom and peace. Sadly, as we look around us at the chaos in the world today, we see people who are inflicting violence and terror upon others in the name of religion and identity.

On January 29, six people were killed and nineteen wounded as they were fired upon while they prayed in a Quebec City mosque. On February 16, an ISIS-affiliated suicide bomber killed at least seventy-five people while they worshipped at a shrine to the Sufi saint Lal Shahbaz Qalandar in Pakistan--a place that was tragically targeted for embracing worshippers of all faiths and sects side by side.

That's hardly a call for Sharia Law.

thehill.com...

Gabbard, however, told MSNBC that her meeting with the Syrian leader was not initially on the schedule. "First of all, this wasn't the reason for my trip, wasn't even in the initial plan. But when the opportunity presented itself, I felt that it was important to have the meeting. Because if we profess to truly care about the Syrian people, if we truly care about ending their suffering, we've got to be able to be willing to meet with whoever we need to," she said.

The lawmaker has been strong opponent of Washington's "counterproductive regime-change" in Syria, and has urged U.S. to end its support of some rebel groups in the country in the fight against ISIS. "I've been long calling now, for years to end our country's counterproductive regime-change war in Syria. Not only is it not helping end the suffering of the Syrian people, but it's actually working against the interests of the Unites States," she said.

Meanwhile Donald "America First" Trump is sending Marines into Syria.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
But if this is implemented, how in the hell are we gonna implement Regime changes. Sanctions only hurt the local populace of the effected country and does not stir up enough strife to push enough of the population to start a coup. The quickest way to achieve this is by arming rebels and have them start trouble, thereby laying the emotional foundation needed to launch a sizable coup, while also giving us plausible deniability.

This is a dangerous game to be playing in the first place. ISIS, Al Qaeda, are just the known results of our rebel building regime changing policy, that I worry will not only embolden our enemies. History may paint us in a much different picture than the one currently courted by the main stream media.
For many year there has been resentment towards the US and its allies. and for years i couldn't figure out why. Until i stopped watching Main stream media as my only source of news and information.
We have a very biased media. No longer interested in reporting the news in its truest form.
It is instead so saturated with party line politics that the whole truth is obscured in order to pain the "Red" party or the "Blue" party in a more favorable light.
The world is waking up to this reality.
The sooner the better for all mankind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join