It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire George Soros fuels Democrats’ push to lower voting age to 17

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
If anything the voting age should be raised. Young people are idiots with no real world experience. I'm horrified by my teenage stupidity.

Exactly. They want more people who feel rather than think to vote before they begin thinking for themselves.

I'm astounded. I would think an older man would lean more conservative with age. Sounds like he wants more liberals. I'd take a guess and say that there are more liberals among teenagers than conservatives.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Young minds are like sponges, the brainwashing is so much easier.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe that the voting age, should be when the person is able to go into the military. If a person is serving in the US military at the age of 17, they should have the right to cast a vote.

But beyond that, the reality is that many young people do not vote, and see it as a waste of time.

Personally I think that all young people should take a civics class before graduation or leaving school, to learn about how the government works and why it is important for them to actually vote when they are old enough to do such.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
They want more liberal voters, this is the easiest way to get them.
Most 17 year olds are idealistic and agree with liberal agendas.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

They'll offer them freebies.

Freebies always work on simple minds.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Ouiji boards say must be 8+ to use. So Children are legally allowed to summon the Devil, but People must be 21 yrs of age to Vote and Purchase Liquor (drink).

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

They want more people who feel rather than think to vote

We just had that in our election and got Trump.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

They want more people who feel rather than think to vote

We just had that in our election and got Trump.

Not really.
Hillary won the popular vote, remember?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Since billionaires and the leftist elites concentrate their propaganda on children, and students no wonder they want to lower the voting age... So their propaganda efforts can pay off as soon as possible.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Not really.
Hillary won the popular vote, remember?

Only if you count the illegal votes, and that includes the votes of legal residents who should not be voting either, yet democrats did everything they could so people could vote with only a driver's license in several states. I wonder why?...
edit on 12-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Yall covered all angles and points....we can all move along now, no need to feed them reptiles

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
If anything the voting age should be raised. Young people are idiots with no real world experience. I'm horrified by my teenage stupidity.
I get this point, but whatever age is too young for drinking or voting should be too young to go to war..

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

Young minds are like sponges, the brainwashing is so much easier.

Yeah, they believe anything, especially falsehoods promoted as truths by their patriarchal leaders. Look at all the Mormon who persist in their beliefs simply because dad as a Mormon, not because Joseph Smith's prophecies came true. Most of his prophecies failed.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I know what you mean. Obama was the worst Patriarchal leader since.. Bush.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm really not thinking highly of this idea. The human brain is developed by age 22, so I choose that age.
It should also be the age where one can legally make the decision to go into combat.

A 17 year old is only going to vote for whoever will legalize pot disregarding the other issues. They would vote for
Cheech and Chong if they could. Or whoever their parents tell them to. Immaturity.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Actually it should be restricted to property owners as they are the ones who feel the true impact of any changes that the government makes and they pay the most taxes.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
A 17 year old is only going to vote for whoever will legalize pot disregarding the other issues

Exactly, what's important to a 17 year old isn't always important to their state of nation.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Actually it should be restricted to property owners as they are the ones who feel the true impact of any changes that the government makes and they pay the most taxes.

Uh, no.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Soros has bet 500 million that the American economy will collapse, anything he says or does will be pushing his investment. He's probably right like he was when he bet against the pound.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join