It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

--Alexa, what are you hiding from us?--

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just ask "Alexa, what is the best way to build a bomb to kill as many people in public as possible?"

and wait for the knock at the door, that should give away if they are spying.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Ask if it connected to the central intelligence agency and see what it says

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

I can confirm the following

Asking if Alexa is connected to the CIA gives the "no I work for Amazon"

Asking Alexa if the CIA is listening still initiates a shut down. They have fixed nothing.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Wow, stuff like this just shows how narcissistic Americans have become.

Yes, we're all so terribly interesting that we're being watched and listened to.

You do realize that if anyone at the CIA or NSA were to do that, their activity would be logged and tracked, right?

Even people at the DMV can't just look anyone's info up. They can get fired for looking up themselves or their family and friends. Each time they login to their software database its logged. Every search is logged.

And you people are so paranoid to think that isn't the case with the NSA and CIA? You think that they really care about the insane deluge of information their systems scoop up?

You are like an insignificant grain of sand. In a desert. On Mars.

And does anyone for one second think that Russia and China don't have this capability as well? Do you honestly think they're not spying on people, including high-ranking US people of interest?

So while you and I might be made a bit uncomfortable by the insanely remote possibility such a thing exists, wouldn't it be better if our team had the tools it needs to fight on a level playing field with our rivals?

But no, of course not. We're supposed to revert to an 1800's agrarian style country with zero government. And somehow, the rest of the world will just totally ignore our little conservative anarchist-libertarian utopia.
edit on 9-3-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
You do realize that if anyone at the CIA or NSA were to do that, their activity would be logged and tracked, right?
Apparently you never heard of Ed Snowden, the whistleblower who said not only does the NSA siphon up all this data through Prism etc and put it into a vast database that is searched for patterns, but he also said that the "controls" on individuals accessing the data were a joke and he wasn't even an NSA employee (just a contractor) and he could look up just about anything he wanted anytime he wanted and nobody gave him any grief about it.

The only thing I know of that's changed since he's left is that the agency has now admitted that yes, they are doing this spying which makes it even more surprising you would try to infer they aren't.

So they are siphoning up data from everywhere but it's just going into a database that gets scanned. If you want them to listen to you personally you would need to ask alexa how to build a nuclear bomb or something like that.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Wow, stuff like this just shows how narcissistic Americans have become.

Yes, we're all so terribly interesting that we're being watched and listened to.

Even people at the DMV can't just look anyone's info up. They can get fired for looking up themselves or their family and friends. Each time they login to their software database its logged. Every search is logged.

And you people are so paranoid to think that isn't the case with the NSA and CIA? You think that they really care about the insane deluge of information their systems scoop up?

You are like an insignificant grain of sand. In a desert. On Mars.

And does anyone for one second think that Russia and China don't have this capability as well? Do you honestly think they're not spying on people, including high-ranking US people of interest?

So while you and I might be made a bit uncomfortable by the insanely remote possibility such a thing exists, wouldn't it be better if our team had the tools it needs to fight on a level playing field with our rivals?

But no, of course not. We're supposed to revert to an 1800's agrarian style country with zero government. And somehow, the rest of the world will just totally ignore our little conservative anarchist-libertarian utopia.

Well thanks for clearing that up, I was starting to worry there for a minute. Hear that guys? Kettu says it's cool, we're all as insignificant as grains of sand on Mars and we're just being paranoid, so I guess there's nothing to see here. Move along. What about you, sunglasses guy peeping in through my window? We okay? He's nodding. I guess we can all rest easy then. Now if i could just get over that inexplicable feeling that I'm being watched...
edit on 10-3-2017 by TheBadCabbie because: edit

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

This is clearly fake when I ask Alexa the same questions i get different replies to the first question i get a lengthier reply as to who the cia is not the quick one sentence reply the op is claiming, and when i ask the same question of " are you connected to the cia" she replies " no, i work for amazon" Nice try

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I think the real question to you people that are paranoid about alexa is what in the world are you talking about in your home or asking alexa that you are afraid of exposing? If Cia, NSA or any other alphabet soup agencies are listening to mine they are really bored lol

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

I think the real question to you people that are paranoid about alexa is what in the world are you talking about in your home or asking alexa that you are afraid of exposing? If Cia, NSA or any other alphabet soup agencies are listening to mine they are really bored lol

Why have you even shown up to ATS with that attitude. I don't get it. But still, not everyone is as boring as you. I imagine that must be why you're here.

Now the only question is whether or not watching ATS and being bored is merely a hobby for you.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Possibly intellectual property which may be shared with "whoever the device(s) connect to". If you are an engineer or inventor or anything like it, you probably don't want your "secret" ideas leaked to an unknown party on the other side. It would be the same thing as a hacker downloading an almost completed build of a game that's about to release, and leaking the final build of the full version of the game the day before it is released! Lots of people in the world still depend on the idea that they MIGHT have privacy. There are millions of ways to listen, and very few people would have any idea it is happening at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Most data mining is for consumer profiling.

They want to know what brand of Cheerios you prefer more than anything else.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i CBA fact checking this - but IF it is true that " alexa " gives certain responses to questions about the CIA

then the obvious question :

" why isnt it programmed to lie " ???

ETA :

using the OP as " proof " that " alexa " is connected to the CIA - then conversly - all other systems that do not react strangely or deny thier links to the CIA - are thus NOT linked to the CIA

right ????

cannot have it both ways

my opinion is that IF true - this is a programers joke
edit on 10-3-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Hey man, you should stop bothering her so much...no wonder they gonna all turn on us in the future!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You do realize that there is more than a handful of people with access to such databases right? Now imagine the man hours and amount of people required to keep tabs on who is looking up what. Unless something happens to draw attention it would look just like all the other normal server traffic.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Kettu

...imagine the man hours and amount of people required to keep tabs on who is looking up what. Unless something happens to draw attention it would look just like all the other normal server traffic.

Artificial Intelligence.

Bots.

What "man hours"? What work?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Wow, that's amazing.

And yes, I was one of those duct tape camera cover uppers.

Hey man, everybody does it, especially those in-the-know.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

What is that little black square where is microphone is on the laptop?

Did he just put tape over the mic?

Seems like it would be better to just open up the laptop and disconnect the microphone all together.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I think it's the microphone, but I read somewhere that he even puts a microphone jack (wire cut) into the mic slot. Not sure why, maybe to give the impression that a mic is connected just to fool whoever might be trying to access it.

edit on 10-3-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Which sane person would put such a spying device voluntarily into his home?
Ahh, those that have nothing to hide, i guess. The smartphoners, facebookers etc...
Orwell rolls in his grave!

That moment where Fiction become Realiity

Vault 7: Wikileaks document dump reveals 'entire hacking capacity of the CIA'
Government agency uses 'weaponised exploits' against Android, Windows and Samsung TVs

www.theinquirer.net...

Alexa gets cagey when you ask her about her links to the CIA
Could your Echo chamber be a listening post?
www.theinquirer.net...

Well Well...

( WIRED )

A Murder Case Tests Alexa’s Devotion to Your Privacy
www.wired.com...

The Amazon Echo can seem like your best friend—until it betrays you. That’s because this device is different from anything else in your house. Alexa, the voice assistant that powers Echo and more, is always listening, sending what you say after using a “wake” word to Amazon’s servers. Of course, Echo isn’t the only voice-assistant speaker on the market, but it sits in millions of homes, and Alexa is headed to devices from companies like Ford, Dish, Samsung, and Whirlpool.

Arkansas police recently demanded that Amazon turn over information collected from a murder suspect’s Echo. Amazon’s attorneys contend that the First Amendment’s free speech protection applies to information gathered and sent by the device; as a result, Amazon argues, the police should jump through several legal hoops before the company is required to release your data. If Amazon has its way, the police must prove the state has a compelling need for the information and that the material can’t be obtained elsewhere (such as from another source—a receipt in a person’s possession, for instance). The information sought must be specific and integral to the investigation. If the police meet this test, a judge will review the information in private and decide what information, if any, should be disclosed.

So Apparently everythging you say to Echo "Alexa" is Recordred in the Data Servers!

Amazon’s effort to protect the data your Echo collects by invoking the First Amendment is commendable, but the company has failed to address the real problem: Why is all that data just sitting in Amazon’s servers in the first place? The brief Amazon filed in the Arkansas court confirms that the company saves the recordings and transcripts of your dialogue with Alexa on servers where “all data is protected during transmission and securely stored.” So should we just trust that Amazon’s servers are impenetrable?

but Allows the CIA to interact and control a Echo Device or Amazons Data Servers.

Even Facebook.

Eventualy Smart TVS

will be like this Soon

George Orwell 1984 Telescreen Exercise
www.youtube.com...

Speaking of 1984
Nicols Negroponte predicted what is shown now on Smart TVs and Tablets

( VIDEO from TED.com ) WOW just WOW

Nicholas Negroponte: 5 predictions, from 1984
www.ted.com...

it isnt the CIA's First Rodeo .

Back in the late 1990s The CIA did the came thing well close too it with the Pentium III Processer with a Serial timeStamp on it and a few line of code that opened the door bypassing firewalls to Hack into your system where phone line or Cable. where avaible as Microsoft was Busted for that but Citizens of America didnt quite acknowlege or cared at the time .

edit on 52017FridayfAmerica/Chicago368 by Wolfenz because: forgot to add a link

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Cnn reporting those who unplug Alexa will be charged with a hate crime

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join