It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

--Alexa, what are you hiding from us?--

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Cnn reporting those who unplug Alexa will be charged with a hate crime

Thought Police too !

in the future it will be
The Dream police !

www.youtube.com...

see 51 sec mark in your dreams
this is a unauthorised thought process!!

edit on 52017FridayfAmerica/Chicago368 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Well that certainly tickled me and at the same time is no surprise. I am sure that is the same for most of us.

Knowing how the CIA has back-doors into mostly all hard drives in the world. Hence they can create an admin type state on anyone. Google chrome and such services have the ability to switch on their microphone options to record you. Your mobile phone has the ability to have its camera switch on, GPS reported back to who ever and its camera used to take periodic photos of you as you us it. Echelon having didoes to record all communications carried via airwaves and GHCQ the ability to monitor all data transfer and communications via its always on backup centre.

We ARE living in the modern day slave environment without knowing. Everything we choose is being customised to effect our view, this is not a conspiracy. This is real life and only to those that call it a conspiracy are those that will be at most subject to these extreme controls mechanisms. People in general should start to learn more about computers and how they connect as our future will be a war for our own freedoms and if you know nothing about computers and networks, then you will not be able to fight them.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I seriously doubt they cross check who is looking up who then go around asking why they looked them up. Plus how hard would it be just to make it look like the person you wanted dirt on was involved with something you were actually supposed to be investigating and pass it off like this. I'm just saying it's not so hard for someone to do such a thing. I also am of the belief that they don't care that much if their guys do this type of thing from time to time...I bet they all have dirt on each other anyway lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So I read about a murder case in California where the prosecutor wanted to subpoena audio from Amazon regarding the Alexia that was present. I think he lost that request, but it highlighted the fact that Amazon might very well have steady audio recordings being logged..

Let me google here..

Here we go..Snopes summarized it...True BTW
www.snopes.com...

According to Amazon

It's important to note that "always listening" doesn't mean "always recording." The Echo is actually always listening only for its “wake word,” which by default is the name of its voice recognition program Alexa.

The Echo keeps less than 60 seconds of recorded sound in its storage buffer. As new sound is recorded, the old is erased. So there's no audio record made of what went on in a room where an Echo sits.

Only when the Echo hears its wake-up word does it begin sending a stream of audio to the cloud to be converted into text that the program can understand and act upon. The requests are saved, though Amazon allows users to go in and erase their voice recordings. It’s possible to turn Echo’s microphones off, so it is not listening.

Seems easily hackable to me..

Ironically this article about how much audio is "stored" on Alexia and Hey Google...also mentions Samsung
www.usatoday.com...

So everyone claims it only stores "a few seconds" of Buffer for the activation word to be heard "Alexia" etc.

But how easily can a device by hacked to stream that audio vs. buffer it?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

There is too much data mining ability there for me to believe that only 60 seconds of recording is kept.

It would be all too easy and extremely profitable to data mine alexa users to assist with presenting product advertisements, so much so that I would have to argue that it's the original intention of said Alexa, not to serve you but to server Amazon to market to you.

You have helped Google identify housing addresses, store fronts and much more not for the sake of solving a captcha to prove your human, but in reality your helping Google teach machine learning to it's A.I. and define OCR ( Optical Character Recognition ).

Why else do you think Google has so many free services? It's learning from you.

Many companies operate like this today, Big Data is BIG MONEY! And you're all the guinea pigs as well as free labor.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Confession...I bought "Google Home"..aka "Hey Google" for the wife this XMass..

It is super cool..ask it to say any word or phrase in any language...do instant math...Play any song etc..

But we also unplug it when not using it.

There are indisputable vulnerabilities ...and it is getting worse.

I am stunned by the number of home security packages being sold that involve subscribing to an online service that is streaming and housing video from all over peoples homes now.

A half-ass hacker can park a couple houses down and breech a wireless network and watch an entire family for as long as they like or simply hack the servers from their basement.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

That's the smart way to use it if you're going to at all, I was freaked out with smartphones having a CAMERA on both the front and the back... ever wonder why that was?

Here's a hint, it wasn't for selfies at 1st, it was so that no matter how you held your phone or set it down, a camera would always be facing you and used for more than just that " perfect hair day ".

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Wookiep

Ask if she is spying for the CIA.

Ok, I just asked her. She simply said "No." Hmmmm, should we believe her?

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Can we just skip the rest of the " o crap, they ARE doing that" and get to the part where we revolutionize society. Even I am starting to wish the new ageists were right and some awakening is coming
edit on 10-3-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

To quote Alexa, "No."

edit on 10-3-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Can we just skip the rest of the " o crap, they ARE doing that" and get to the part where we revolutionize society. Even I am starting to wish the new ageists were right and some awakening is coming

Amen.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Lol

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And I know you remember me from the 2012 boards
For once, I wish they were right

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Maybe she interprets "are you connected to CIA" as "are you connected to see Eye Hay" and can't execute the command and thus fails?

But you get a response when asking about the Eff Bee Eye.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

OK...Lets stop the crap..I will ask Google this when I get home, please do the same with alexia..

"Are you connected to the Central Intelligence Agency"..No Acronyms

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My god you people are paranoid as hell.

Let's say for a minute the CIA wanted to listen to you ranting over your microwave meal for one about how Obama is a Muslim - why the hell would functionality be built into alexa which makes it totally fail to respond when asked this question? It's an absolute 100% given that conspiracy nuts would ask it this question.

This is a non-story.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh my, it appears that Amazon has sent Alexa an update. Now if you ask her if she is connected to the CIA, Alexa responds with: No, I work for Amazon.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Cnn reporting those who unplug Alexa will be charged with a hate crime

CNN says it's illegal to ask Alexa if she is connected to the CIA. If you need to know, they will ask for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join