It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has ATS Become?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you want to make a Bigfoot thread, make one and stop bitching about politics.

I would kill for some bigfoot right now!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Personally, I rather enjoy the occasional syntactic ambiguity.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I have some in my freezer, come on over.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

There is an entire database of conspiracy topics for your viewing pleasure, so I'm not sure why everyone is getting bent out of shape about political posts, especially when they have plenty of freedom to make those posts themselves.

I don't disagree with you on either points. There is a lot of archived information available here on the site to peruse (and I have the internet too!), and if anyone comes upon something new, hopefully they will post. My gripe is the direction the website is heading to. It's not ATS's fault, it's user generated content. I get that.

I don't see the website generating new conspiracy topics like it used to. I fear the trend towards political topics is making people less comfortable to exposing their experiences / information due to the ridicule and name calling on political discussions.

But hey, it's been nice chatting and being able to debate civilly. (PS - that staring a sentence with a "But", was just to have some fun, seeing you dislike grammar and punctuation errors.)

(It's all good)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I have some in my freezer, come on over.

The irony, that a freezer might supply ColdWisdom with a bigfoot. (Dibs on your shoes.
)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TortoiseKweek
(Dibs on your shoes.
)

Only if he is not wearing Italian shoes in my size.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I don't see the website generating new conspiracy topics like it used to. I fear the trend towards political topics is making people less comfortable to exposing their experiences / information due to the ridicule and name calling on political discussions.

That's a fair point.

Either way, I look forward to the new conspiracy topics you or others may create.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

(Dibs on your shoes.
)

No, I believe Super Mario has dibs on his Italian shoes. Damn that sneaky plumber!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I spend a lot more time at my real gig now that ATS has just turned into a crybaby whine fest.

Productivity sure has it's rewards....

whine on....

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

(Dibs on your shoes.
)

Too bad you're not female. Italian handbags are DA BOMB.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Too bad you're not female. Italian handbags are DA BOMB.

Well aware. Happy wife, happy life:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I spend a lot more time at my real gig now that ATS has just turned into a crybaby whine fest.

Productivity sure has it's rewards....

whine on....

As will I on a new pilot next week.

Good riddance ( and I had the same sentiment last summer before a show lol).

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Around 2011 is when I began noticing a significant change here. I have been a member here since 2006, and I can tell you, the site isn't near what it once was.

Politics is fine. However, there's no one suggesting alternatives, and those who do generally get ignored. What I see is the same thing I can see on a mainstream political board. People toeing their party ideology. This is a conspiracy board, not an echo chamber for the Republican and Democrat parties.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Let's go back to not trusting any of the govt.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Of course, there are a host of those pet conspiracy favs that come with a hefty side of politics and you can't really discuss the NWO or the illuminati without engaging to some degree in politics. The subjects intertwine.

Agreed. I just think the amount of political user generated content is reaching a level where it's going to be detrimental to this site, and eventually turn people off completely.

Above Top Politics may actually be a good idea. You want to discuss politics, go there. If it has a conspiracy angle, sure then post here.

I see way too many threads here recently that are political and don't seem to have any conspiracy angle.
That's my biggest beef. You want to talk about spygate? Great. You want to talk about rigged elections? Fine, but don't act like this recent one was the first or even most blatant. You want to talk about globalism? Fine. The list goes on.

However, that's not what I am seeing. What I see is a bunch of racial garbage. I see a bunch of disgracing a political party and acting as if the other party is "lily white." Basically all I see is a bunch of tiptoeing partisan bickering and frankly, it's just old.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Let's go back to not trusting any of the govt.
I never really left that stance. The only reason I am giving Trump the benefit of the extreme doubt is because he's not a career politician and the establishment on both sides were dead set against him. As soon as he signs an unconstitutional bill that axes away at the common citizen's rights, I'll lump him with the rest of the corrupt scum that many insist upon calling "leaders."
Do I trust the government and its plethora of alphabet agencies? Not in the slightest.
edit on 9-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Now it’s no more than a complaints department. Now it’s thread after thread of the grievance and grumbling of those opining for days when Big Foot, ancient aliens and chemtrails were more than glints in their eyes. They demand the user-generated content of the site conform to their wants and desires without having to do it themselves.

That is the part I do not understand, if you do not like the content do something to create change in the content.

It is not that difficult to make a non-political thread.

Except many members were never thread makers but preferred to be posters. I see their frustration that they are inundated by political trolling threads and partisan zealots. I can't blame them for wanting other interesting content to read and discuss without having to author.
It's always been a lower ratio of thread authors to thread posters and readers.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Except many members were never thread makers but preferred to be posters.

I fall into that bucket, I made 70 or so threads in 10 years. Not a whole hell of a lot.

Lately I have been making more just so I don't have to do the politics thing. With the obvious exception being your Presidential thread which was a politics thing. Kinda.

edit on 9-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There you go. So we CAN'T blame them for eye rolling and pleading for the stuff they use to enjoy not being here.

I think the Zazz for president thread was one of two or three mud pit threads I have ever bothered reading or even posted in.

Great days

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
There you go. So we CAN'T blame them for eye rolling and pleading for the stuff they use to enjoy not being here.

I still think they need to be the change they want. Not all my threads are winners but you have to make the effort and stick with them. Doing nothing doesn't help them.

I think the Zazz for president thread was one of two or three mud pit threads I have ever bothered reading or even posted in.

Great days

I still laugh about that one...everyone waiting for you to show up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join