It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Maybe ATS can change it's name to ATP, Above Top Politics. Seriously.
I used to really love going to this site, it's total BS now. Politics and scandals and presidential garbage, over it.
enjoy

edit on 9-3-2017 by headcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: headcheck

Yeah, I miss those days too. Now the majority of new threads are politically based. OMG I'm so sick of hearing about Trump!

Remember threads like All Roads Lead to Rome by Proto?

Awww, I'm getting sentimental now, thinking of subjects like the Norway Spiral, 911, John Titor, etc. Yes, some were proven to be hoaxes, some not, but they sure as hell got us intrigued and asking questions.

Good times I tell you, good times.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Most annoying part is the insults. Right hates left, left hates right, both hate the middle (because they're a little bit of both).

Divided they fall....

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Post a good UFO video.

It will get debunked in ten seconds.

Hence, we have Politics.

Nobody likes it.

Too many fake vids killed UFO research.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have begun loading the Forums page when I first arrive, then scan through looking for a recent "last date" that indicates an older thread is still active and generating comments. It also shines a brighter light recent threads that were pushed out of view on the New page owing to political threads being opened over and over again.

Because of people being too eager to open a thread without first doing a basic search to see if the topic is already underway before starting the thread, and the aforementioned concentration of political fodder, I rarely even load the New page.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: headcheck
Maybe ATS can change it's name to ATP, Above Top Politics. Seriously.
I used to really love going to this site, it's total BS now. Politics and scandals and presidential garbage, over it.
enjoy

I've heard this criticize many times now and I don't understand it. Why not just ignore the threads you find offensive. I don't spend any time on the NAMBLA thread. But I don't waste my time complaining about its existence.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Politics gets the site much more content and traffic which in turn raises revenue for the site. Also, the political divide has increased much more since Trump was elected. Conservatives, didn't like Obama, but they weren't unhinged like the current group of Progressives.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
headcheck

It was getting pretty bad. Now I am seeing a lot more regular threads intermixed with political ones. I'm glad you made this thread so maybe I can say thank you to some of the members who have been pumping out regular content on a daily/regular basis. Soficrow, Astyanax, neoholographic, slapjacks, gortex, FamCore, Marduk, BuzzyWigs, AnkhMorpork,Zaphod, DTOM, mirageman,DayAfterTomorrow,Peppycat, Tikbalang, 727Sky,infolurker, eriktheawful, knowledgehunter0986, and many, many others have been creating some awesome threads. I know I've missed a lot of names, but I promise you, even those that I didn't put here, your efforts are appreciated. Thank you to all of you!

I don't think that politics will ever go away, but, at least now when I hit the recent and new page, there is a nice balance of things to read...

Thanks for making this thread!

blend57

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

96 posts, more than enough to enable you to write some kick ass thread about something other than politics...

Have you? It appears you have...keep doing so, it encourages others to do so.

There are all sorts of threads that don't contain a lick of politics. I'm as tired of it as you, by all appearances, are...

Post in those, ignore the rest.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
These same issues are being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join