It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists get the green light to resurrect the dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

(Minds) Bioquark, a biotech company based in the United States, has been given the go-ahead to begin research on 20 brain-dead patients, in an attempt to stimulate and regrow neurons and, literally, bring the patients back from the dead.

By implanting stem cells in the patient’s brain, in addition to treating the spinal cord with infusions of chemicals and nerve stimulation techniques (both of which have been shown to bring people out of comas), they hope to reboot the brain and jump-start neural activity.

Source 1

The trial participants will have been certified dead and only kept alive through life support. They will be monitored for several months

The team believes that the brain stem cells may be able to erase their history and re-start life again, based on their surrounding tissue – a process seen in the animal kingdom in creatures like salamanders who can regrow entire limbs.

Source 2

Yes! Go science! I hope this works, although it seems like there may be quite the potential for complications. Will the person who "comes back" be the same person who lived before, or will they have an entirely new personality and memories, essentially being a completely different person? In that case, what would be the point? I think it'd be worth it though for us to say we are now able to revive the dead.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

this is why i want to be frozen after I die.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

First idiocracy became reality now the walking dead . This is how the zombies start.

Will be interesting to follow

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Oh, yeah... I saw this movie once. Spoiler alert - everyone dies in the end.

Nice knowing you all.

Before we all die in the zombie apocalypse, it will be interesting if any of these resurrected brains remember anything from their time away. Could be some extensive NDEs to report.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
'Brain dead' means the persons brain is dead, as soon as oxygen is not present the brain starts to decay, so, I don't think so...

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I can't help but think that something like this could only be beneficial to the very wealthy in the future. Oh, also:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well, hopefully, this gives us the answer to the soul argument. What if the person that originally occupied that body, doesn't want to come back? What happens if someone else comes back?

I wouldn't want it done with my body, but more power to those that do.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Damn straight it is, and this is why we can't have nice things! Also how we get ants...

But seriously, isn't this a biblical prophecy about the dead walking the earth again?

Thing is, who's going to be there in these being's brains when brought back, or will that even be possible if we do indeed have souls and they leave at death, what the hell is going to power that body, what will be it's consciousness?

Now I have the thought of A.I. bringing dead back to life by using other A.I.s to power them... thanks...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Re-Animator!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, hopefully, this gives us the answer to the soul argument. What if the person that originally occupied that body, doesn't want to come back? What happens if someone else comes back?

I wouldn't want it done with my body, but more power to those that do.

ok, i change my mind, i dont want to come back either.

reincarnation-wise...this is eerie

but I guess if we have some more business to do in our earthsuites...this is pretty awesome...but...my guess is that most souls would not want to come back and what if an evil soul (zombie soul) takes over instead.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Not that I'm a lawyer, but this would be a mess. Does dear old grandpa want the farm back that the kids sold? Is his SS benefits going to kick back on? Can he vote? Is he still married to granny? Is it murder if granny has the poolboy decapitate him so he stays dead?
A million lawyers are gleefully rubbing their hands at this moment.

The
made me ask.

VF

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
One more reason to have a living will stating do not revive , no life support .
Along with why want cremated and scattered to the winds .
Would be mad as hell if got brought back to continue dealing with human stupidity .

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I will try and act surprised when the zombies take over

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So why did I read;" We will enforce a # load of pain that would kill a living human, but since they are Braindead they can't say sh*t and if they die, well, to bad, they are technically dead anyway"

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Think of the consequences.

We could end up with rock stars spending a year dead to avoid income tax!

Wait a minute - in the Bible, the anti-Christ is a man who has suffered a fatal head wound, but returns to life. This is that scenario exactly.

(Doctor: "I'm sorry Mike, but the operation did not go as planned - the president is brain-dead."

Mr Pence: "Do you think anyone will notice?")

edit on 9/3/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wonder if "afterlife tourism" will ever be a thing... Pay huge money to temporarily die, experience the afterlife, and be brought back later.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How do you win a war that can weaponize the dead?

That is probably the end game to all this research involving stem cells. That and finding a way to prolong life for humans in the selfish pursuit for immortality. All the kings and queens live forever and the rest of us are zombie cannon fodder to help them dominate the entire planet.

#zombielivesmatter

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I think it'd be worth it though for us to say we are now able to revive the dead.

If a brain dead body comes back with an entirely new personality and memories... How does one respect the passing of the old dead personality? Will they still get a proper memorial?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
How do you win a war that can weaponize the dead?

That is probably the end game to all this research involving stem cells. That and finding a way to prolong life for humans in the selfish pursuit for immortality. All the kings and queens live forever and the rest of us are zombie cannon fodder to help them dominate the entire planet.

#zombielivesmatter

So well put. We already know the brain goes perma-dumb after but a few minutes without oxygen. What other reasons would there even be to do this mad science??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join