It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists get the green light to resurrect the dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

People often have out of body experiences when they're brain dead if I'm not mistaken, so they could be roaming around that hospital until brought back to life...

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
But what happens when the body dies but the brain is still alive? That's gross-and bizarre. Do these "scientists" have all these consequences answered?

Of course not. They're scientists, all they have are theories.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The issue of consent could be problematic and I don't think these procedures ought to be carried out without the consent of the patient.

So anyone currently in a coma ought not to be experimented on.

Then there would need to some sort of register listing people who would be up for being experimented on should they ever be found brain-dead...

BUT, unless we are very psychic we are unlikely to know if, when and how we are going to find ourselves in a situation wherein we can give ourselves up to scientists. So how would we arrange for ourselves to be shipped to the lab in time for the procedures?

It's getting difficult to imagine how this 'bringing back the dead' can be carried out ethically except in a very few rare cases.

Unless we're rich enough to have an entourage watching over us 24/7 just in case.

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

RE: "Will they be the same person?"

Well, for all intents and purposes, yes... you or I would never notice anything different about them. However, the demonic presence Will, without warning, suddenly turn on and enslave all of humanity once there are enough of "them" walking the Earth, taking control of key positions throughout the world one by one.

Man wasn't meant to live forever, be immortal, be invulnerable, super-intelligent/strong, and a bunch of other things they wanna do, most of which will invite, facilitate, attract, enable and eventually complete and enhance, the demonic invasion.

They lie in waiting, cultivating (at least Our species that we know of) a species through suggestion, telepathically, in dreams etc. Planting the seeds of ideas that grow to a place of prominence, thanks to the guiding hand of the Demonic Presence...

Ideas like: dying is the worst thing that could be imagined and is to be avoided at all costs, thus killing the will of the people to fight for the things they believe in. So they let their freedoms be taken away one by one, their resources/money was taken away, their children were taken away (forced indoctrination 8hrs a day with no parents allowed to be there or to decide what their child is exposed to, unless they can aafford private or home schooling, but see above: they took all the money, therefore the great majority cannot afford it, ergo they take your children away in a scheme just a couple of degrees off from kidnapping)

...and nobody fought to prevent any of this because, heaven forbid, they might DIE!!!! Or even worse, they might be put away in prison for a little prolonged suffering. Of course another idea that took hold among humanity, is that suffering is absolutely unbearable and is worse than dying in a lot of ways. Therefore we must also never risk taking part in a situation that might lead to our suffering. Or minor discomfort, slight annoyance, or small inconvenience.

These ideas push humanity to invent technology to prevent death, reverse it, store their "self" digitally, etc... The age of transhumanism. What they wete not prepared for was the possibility of, and ease with which, human bodies could be taken over, even after only microseconds of the soul being disconnected from the physical body. The scientific community's stern dismissal of the existence of the "spirit realm" (also an idea seed planted by The Presence) would come back to deliver one major and final, embarassingly disgraceful blow to humanity.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hmm.. I don't know how I feel about this

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So it sounds like there is hope for Trump yet. Hahaha

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I just have one question.

Will the resurrected be allowed to vote?

If so, how will they balance the act so one side or the other isn't favored?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Can you imagine being brought back to life so you can finish paying your debts?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i dont think they are dead, i think they are just on life support...never died...so yes they will still have the right to vote and will have to pay off their debt

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, this is how # hits the fan.

This makes me question about the benefits of science. Sure, there are AMAZING benefits and we've never lived longer. But being "resurrected"? So much potential to screw everything up.

Either soulless monsters, not the same soul/entity reincarnating the body or worse... I don't know what would be the actual benefits of this research, we already have enough trouble with overpopulation - we aren't dying fast enough* to make room for the newcomers, and now they want to keep those who should be dead, alive?

Plus, how can you be certified dead but on life support? Doesn't that mean your body is still functioning and therefore alive through mechanical assistance?

*sorry if this sounds harsh, not saying people should die, just that the death/birth ratio doesn't seem to be right - didn't check the science between my affirmation but still...
edit on 3/11/17 by ZMBwatch because: To add a question

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think there's a lot of misunderstanding about the article and what is implied by it. Especially with the terminology of 'bringing people back from the dead'.

It's people who are technically 'brain dead'. Not corpses. People in a coma usually have some sort of brainwave activity and can even be responsive to certain stimuli whilst they don't have any level consciousness. Being brain dead could be a result of traumatic injury, disease or any number of possible afflictions which cause damage to either the whole brain or a particular portion of it which essentially causes the brainwaves to fade to the extent where electrical activity within the brain would be unsustainable for life.

The treatment implied would enable damaged sections of the brain to be reconstructed by allowing neurons to grow over or replace those which are damaged and 'hopefully' it would enable the usual rhythm and functions of the brain to return.

It's not demonic or devilry. No more so than using the same methods to enable regrowth of damaged cell tissue in the heart following a heart attack. The same methods are also used when someone has had a stroke, would people really consider that the 1% of damaged tissue would be possessed? In this instance the structure and formation of the brain remain the same, however it could possibly take a long while for the person to experience recovery.

If I was brain dead (sometimes my partner does wonder) then I'd wish for the chance of saving my life. Maybe things wouldn't be the same, left with some handicap, but the same is possible after a car crash or some other life changing injury. It could also be of benefit for others in the long term.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
One more reason to have a living will stating do not revive , no life support .
Along with why want cremated and scattered to the winds .
Would be mad as hell if got brought back to continue dealing with human stupidity .

Lol

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Yes! Go science! I hope this works, although it seems like there may be quite the potential for complications.

And so this day will be remembered as the day the Zombie Apocalypse began.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

This puts a whole new spin on that.

Can we be trusted with the power to grant life to the dead? I kind of doubt it. Just because we can do something, does not mean we should.

With Stem Cells I'd imagine the process is to grow a new brain to go with the body being artificially kept alive. The person that once was, would not exist anymore.

This is quite a can of worms. If they succeed, what is the person with a blank brain exactly? A lab rat or a person?

Interesting times for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join